You know your too big when !

pestydebz

I know i'm to big when even the elastic waisted clothes won't fit any more :eek:

And i struggle to haul myself out of the bath
actually thats my worst nightmare not being able to get out of the bath :cry:

What were your motivations to start LT ?

Debz x

Not fitting on a roller coaster seat and being sent away down the disabled exit with the whole queue watching :eek:

Not fitting on a roller coaster seat and being sent away down the disabled exit with the whole queue watching :eek:

Oh Kev.....was that what did it? The humiliation, and for your kids too.......x

Hi Sandra. Yes and not being able to keep up with the children cycling in the Lake District. Arriving at a pub just to have my two eldest kidding that they were going to order their second bottle of wine because they had been waiting so long :)

When my DD told her teacher that I was having a baby soon because "mummy's tummy is getting bigger"! She was only in reception then and very innocent! (LOL!) Kids Hey.....now she is constantly checking if I have been cheating AND reports it to Dad!

Kevin.....I know the feeling...at least we can laugh about it, hey!:) I remember us being on a flight and I needed to go to the loo but held it in until we landed coz I was wedged into the seat and needed helped standing up!!!:) btw the seat belt just would not fit around me and the stewardess said I was ok coz i was wedged in anyway.....lol!!!

I'm so sorry and I apologise for laughing at some of your stories! I don't have kids and I guess I wasn't really that big before, never made it to 14 stones thank god!

Your kids aren't going to know what's hit them.......good luck x

Don't worry Sandra...no hard feelings with me!!!....The best way to deal with it at times.!! The best medicine is laughter, right!!:)

I knew i was too big when.....

I sat in the bath till it emptied.. Then i stood up, and a great big tidal wave of water came gushing from behind me where my lardy ar8e had held it back!! lol :eek:

Hehehe....love it!!!:)

I sat in the bath till it emptied.. Then i stood up, and a great big tidal wave of water came gushing from behind me where my lardy ar8e had held it back!! lol :eek:

I just LOL'd at that...because I know exactly what you mean!

Can I just ask...do folk mind when others (me being a calorie counter) join in on their boards on subjects like this? I'd never offer advice on boards that I have no idea on but stories that can be universal sometimes seem to good not to join in. I never quite know what the etiquette is. (Hoping i'm not going to be told to p off here)

I just LOL'd at that...because I know exactly what you mean!

Can I just ask...do folk mind when others (me being a calorie counter) join in on their boards on subjects like this? I'd never offer advice on boards that I have no idea on but stories that can be universal sometimes seem to good not to join in. I never quite know what the etiquette is. (Hoping i'm not going to be told to p off here)

I love you being on here.. You gave me advice to help me poo!!!! pmsl x x

We have no etiquette on here!! ... We are more than happy for you to join us.... Like you, if i knew what i was talking about i would gate-crash other threads, but i don't-so i don't!! lol x x

I knew I was too big when.....

My kids wanted me to take them for scuba diving lessons this year on hols (my hubby doesn't swim, so I've had to teach them confidence in the water from the time they were babies, they're now teenagers & brilliant swimmers!) Anyhoo, this year they wanted me to go with them, but I knew damned well I'd never find a wet suit to fit me, so I had to promise them faithfully next year I'll do it, AND I WILL! What really made me more determined, was when I came home from hols - a neighbour, who is same age as me, but slim, said she went to same place by coincidence to learn to scuba dive with her teens, and they had the best time ever and why didn't I do it, they would've enjoyed it etc. etc. I couldn't tell her I was too fat to fit a wet suit - I couldn't tell anyone. Roll on next summer!

Hi Catcrazy
You most welcome. All kinds of experiences welcome here! Reading other peoples posts stops us thinking about the unmentionable (food) and being occupied!!

Catcrazy...you are most well come to join in....no need for a permit...
Ssusee ...... that's a really good incentive..... forget that swimsuit i'm sure you'll be a Baywatch chick next summer!!!

Brilliant! I've got another name for you......wait for it...

tSUnami! Good one even for me!

Love ya babes xxxx

Tee Hee, that IS very good Sandra. Though as my name is Sue too, I won't be telling too many people as I don't want to give them MORE ammunition!! I'm already called Snoozin' at work, for obvious reasons!

Tee Hee, that IS very good Sandra. Though as my name is Sue too, I won't be telling too many people as I don't want to give them MORE ammunition!! I'm already called Snoozin' at work, for obvious reasons!

I thought so to...I'd do stand up except I can't stand! hehe

gosh i love these threads..! always give me a giggle...
hmm there are lots of things but the most recent was when i was away in south africa and went shark cage diving, again the wetsuit thing,, tried one on and it didnt fit and the guy had to go and get me a two piece one so i could fit in,,,so embarrassing... took me about an hour to squish my bum in and about two hours to peel it off me!
Secondly also in south africa when i went paragliding and once up the air the guy told me to lift myself up and pull the seat thing under my bum.. i couldnt do it because i had no strength,,,also he (the guide)told me i was bigger and carrying extra weight so i might not get a good fly....

it seems that i can handle the comments from my family etc but from other people i dont take it too well......so here i am lol!

and the plane seats also,, im so scared that next time i wont fit because this time there was hardly any extra belt left! ...arghhhh....
must get slim and remember these things everyday!!!! :)

Back