You won't suit being thin!

loulou6

A colleague told me the other day that I wouldnt suit being thin. What does this mean?? I just dont get it. I am 5'2 with a small frame, but I have a lot of .... extras.

I am not planning to be a size 8 skinny minnie, in fact I am happy when I am a 14, but even this she said I wouldnt suit (I was this size 2 years ago, although I didnt know here then).

Has anyone else had this sort of comment? What do you think it means?

Lou

Ive had the exact same comment many of times too, !!! it actually really annoyes me people say this as the people who normally say it are people who are skinny themselves and have no reason to worry,
to be honest they dont know what it is like being in yours or any of our situations, so they would not understand the concept, but yeah i know what you mean when you get these comments

!!

x

yes, i have. apparently my personality suits being fat and would be weird if i was thin? some people say the strangest things. i think its just people who have low self esteme worry that your going to be prettier than them. thats what i think anyways.
Erin

Hi Anthony,

Yes, it is annoying isnt it?! Why cant they just say well done, or good for you?? Its like they are saying you have a fat persons personality, because im bubbly? Why does being happy and optimistic make me have a fat persons personality. very strange!

Hi Anthony,

Yes, it is annoying isnt it?! Why cant they just say well done, or good for you?? Its like they are saying you have a fat persons personality, because im bubbly? Why does being happy and optimistic make me have a fat persons personality. very strange!

I know, its outrageous how people assume things, i just feel like telling them go F**k off and annoy someone else :D

but thats just me , hehe

x

What a strange thing to say to someone???????

Nope, never had that said , but now constantly told I'm slim enough and should ,stop it now ?? Wft I have a stone to go yet!

People should stop being nose pokes

What a strange thing to say to someone???????

Nope, never had that said , but now constantly told I'm slim enough and should ,stop it now ?? Wft I have a stone to go yet!

People should stop being nose pokes

Yeah i have the "you should stop now" comments , im like what the hell i have ages to go yet, !!

LOL

x

it is really sad when people can't accept that you are losing weight for yourself and to be healthy, not for any other reason. What has it got to do with them anyway. Is our bodies and our choices!!!!!

YESSSS SAME HERE!! even the doc said if never be 12stone?!! wtf obv i was once lol.my sister keeps telling me il look ill if im skinny?!! im 5ft8 and a size 22 atm, would love to be a 12, it does my head in... ALSO when people say "aint that diet stupid, no idea how you do it" thats because u dont know how being 23st feels!

ive had the same about "why do you want to lose that much, you're tall you carry it well, you would look too skinny" blah blah

i think its just jealousy with some people, just ignore them. you know yourself what you feel comfortable with and if they dont like it well sod em :D and im being polite ;)

Oh yes definitely had all kinds of comments like these - when I did LL I was just over 13 stone (I'm 5ft 1 and a bit) and I got told that I should stop dieting as I was getting too thin and taking it too far!!! Some people are just unreal - you ignore them and do exactly what you want to, we're sensible people and we won't take it too far, we'll just do what is right for us.

A colleague told me the other day that I wouldnt suit being thin. What does this mean?? I just dont get it. I am 5'2 with a small frame, but I have a lot of .... extras.

I am not planning to be a size 8 skinny minnie, in fact I am happy when I am a 14, but even this she said I wouldnt suit (I was this size 2 years ago, although I didnt know here then).

Has anyone else had this sort of comment? What do you think it means?

Lou

I think it means your colleague has a remarkable lack of imagination. :D

She just can't imagine a thin version of you. Well, luckily, she won't have to soon, will she? ;)

Some people... :rolleyes:

Oh my god glad other people are hearing this crap! I keep being told "you're confident and you carry it well"....so what if I do, point is I don't wanna carry it. I want to be lighter and healthier so I can go back to my life :)

I've had enough of being told the diet is stupid, unhealthy and that it's ridiculous not to eat "real food." I tend to speak my mind though so they're not long shutting up

i think its just jealousy with some people, just ignore them. you know yourself what you feel comfortable with and if they dont like it well sod em :D and im being polite ;)

Couldn't agree more. A massive dose of the green eyed monster. Just how dare they even think it would be ok to say something like that even if they have the damn audacity to think it in the first place.
You'll show 'em. Here's to size 12 & 14s!!

Me Too, i always get told about how bad and unhealthy this diet is, but i say well its better than the diet i had before which is eat everything and put on weight

hmmm

x

DON'T YOU DARE LISTEN TO THE B**CH

she's trying to sabbotage you, is she larger herself? or is she jealous of the attention your will recieve. or does she like being better, thinner, sexier, more confident, than someone else

tell her were to go. You don't need folk like that

14 is fine nice and womanly!! wasn't marilin monroe a 16?

Funny thing is one person said it to me while eating greasy fatty food!! I wasn't long knocking the sanctimonious ******* off his pedestal :p

some folks like having a larger person around, makes em feel better about themselves, got no personality but hey im thinner
others dont want to become the "fat friend" they feel fine about thier weight so long as thier not the biggest
and then you just get the numptys that dont know what thier talking about but feel compelled to tell you the nonsense in thier heads

dont go listening to any of them, just do you, if you wanna be a size 14 go for it, heck if you wanna be a size 8 then go for that too!

Back