Your tips for controlling sweet cravings/attack of the munchies

Josiecat

Silver Member
S: 12st3lb C: 11st12lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: 0st5lb(2.92%)
Ever so often I get an uncontrollable sweet craving or attack of the munchies and go off plan.

What are your tips/advice?

The ones I have found so far which work are
  • Make sure you eat enough during the day and at meal times to ensure you are full.
  • Sweet cravings can sometimes be controlled with diet coke or some sugar free jelly. Failing that I find meringue nests quite good at about 2.5 syns a go.
I need to have some more tricks up my sleeve too so please share if you have any :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Shrimpy

Gold Member
S: 13st6lb C: 8st12lb G: 8st11lb BMI: 24.2 Loss: 4st8lb(34.04%)
Having some nice low syn sweeties in like:
Mikado (0.5syn per stick)
Sainburys Sugarfree marshmallows(4 for 1 syn)

Oh and the old standbys of:
Highlights hot choc (2.0syns)
Quark & options mousse (2.0syns).

Maddysmum

Gold Member
S: 13st10lb C: 12st2.5lb G: 10st1lb BMI: 30.7 Loss: 1st7.5lb(11.2%)
I use quark - mixed with sweetner and eaten with any fruit or berries. Feels naughty (like cream) but so not.
Its yummy to have on my alpen light (HEX) like a cheesecake x

rumbletummy

Silver Member
S: 12st5.5lb C: 10st10.0lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 24.6 Loss: 1st9.5lb(13.54%)
Hi Josie :) I can have days where I follow the plan with ease, but I never take these days for granted as I know the next day I can be grazing all day!

As I know this happens I try to be extra good on the days when it seems easy and save my syns for the bad days, it's all about damage limitation for me! xx

nettie

Gold Member
oo I hope this is an interesting post.
I don't get sweet cravings really but I'm worried about my NEED for crisps. Going to make sure I have some low syn crisps at the ready :)

nona2010

S: 17st0lb C: 17st0lb G: 13st0lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Frozen grapes are fantastic! They are like sweets - and curb my sugar cravings big time. I put a whole punnet in the freezer at a time and then when I'm sitting watching TV and the cravings start I nibble on them and they are gorgeous....

I've heard frozen pineapple is gorgeous too, but I love the grapes...

Nona
x

Tig

Likes to eat
S: 12st1lb C: 11st7lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: 0st8lb(4.73%)
White chocolate spread on 3 pagen krispy rolls - 1hexb and 4.5syns. Really sweet and crunchy, like chocolate biscuits :) x

gobolino

Gold Member
S: 12st8lb C: 11st12lb G: 11st4lb BMI: 26.8 Loss: 0st10lb(5.68%)
I talk to myself! Sometimes this helps :)

S: 15st6lb C: 14st2lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 34 Loss: 1st4lb(8.33%)
Have you thought about having a big bowl 0f fruit salad kept ready in the fridge?

Roziee

Gold Member
S: 22st10lb C: 17st4lb G: 12st0lb Loss: 5st6lb(23.9%)
nettie said:
oo I hope this is an interesting post.
I don't get sweet cravings really but I'm worried about my NEED for crisps. Going to make sure I have some low syn crisps at the ready :)

I always have skips in the house.. 4 syns for a pack n yummy!

gobolino said:
I talk to myself! Sometimes this helps :)

Hehe would love to see that

Josiecat

Silver Member
S: 12st3lb C: 11st12lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: 0st5lb(2.92%)
White chocolate spread on 3 pagen krispy rolls - 1hexb and 4.5syns. Really sweet and crunchy, like chocolate biscuits :) x

I've never heard of pagen krispy rolls or seen white choc spread!! Sounds like I am missing out :p

Unfortunately fruit doesn't work for my sweet cravings and I find if I allow myself one chocolate then I open the door to having loads of them. I just don't have much willpower!!

I am definitely a 'sweet' food craver. I have been known to choose sweet stuff over meals before, hence why I am currently fitting into size 16 tops lol!!

I just remembered I tried the sw forrero rocher (sp?) from the recipe forum early last year when I did the plan and that was pretty good. There was also one for truffles which involved quark, options and choc drops if I remember correctly. Must bump those I think if I can find them!!:D

littlemeercat

S: 16st3lb C: 10st0lb G: 9st1lb Loss: 6st3lb(38.33%)
Lol acc I've been known to do exactly the same and go to bed if cravings get unbearable! However before i get to this stage non-food ideas include going for a run / walk, brushing my teeth or having a hot bath. These have all worked for me in the past.

Tig

Likes to eat
S: 12st1lb C: 11st7lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: 0st8lb(4.73%)
I've never heard of pagen krispy rolls or seen white choc spread!! Sounds like I am missing out :p

Unfortunately fruit doesn't work for my sweet cravings and I find if I allow myself one chocolate then I open the door to having loads of them. I just don't have much willpower!!

I am definitely a 'sweet' food craver. I have been known to choose sweet stuff over meals before, hence why I am currently fitting into size 16 tops lol!!

I just remembered I tried the sw forrero rocher (sp?) from the recipe forum early last year when I did the plan and that was pretty good. There was also one for truffles which involved quark, options and choc drops if I remember correctly. Must bump those I think if I can find them!!:D

I love sweet things too! White choc spread is in Asda, they also do dark choc if you prefer. Pagen krispy rolls count as a hexb for 3, and are usually with the crackers etc, they come in a bag. I hope they are still hexb, get my new book tonight :confused:
The longer I go without sweet things the better... I have been known to get through a bag of those bakery cookies from the supermarket pretty rapid!!

Emmamb

Silver Member
S: 19st6lb
I'm more of a savoury person and find the only way to stop the cravings is not to have crisps at all...even low syn crisps-1 pack leads to more so the syns soon add up but if I avoid them I don't crave them x

Beetroot apparently curbs chocolate cravings xx