Your tips for controlling sweet cravings/attack of the munchies

Josiecat

Silver Member
Ever so often I get an uncontrollable sweet craving or attack of the munchies and go off plan.

What are your tips/advice?

The ones I have found so far which work are
  • Make sure you eat enough during the day and at meal times to ensure you are full.
  • Sweet cravings can sometimes be controlled with diet coke or some sugar free jelly. Failing that I find meringue nests quite good at about 2.5 syns a go.
I need to have some more tricks up my sleeve too so please share if you have any :)

Having some nice low syn sweeties in like:
Mikado (0.5syn per stick)
Sainburys Sugarfree marshmallows(4 for 1 syn)

Oh and the old standbys of:
Highlights hot choc (2.0syns)
Quark & options mousse (2.0syns).

I use quark - mixed with sweetner and eaten with any fruit or berries. Feels naughty (like cream) but so not.
Its yummy to have on my alpen light (HEX) like a cheesecake x

Hi Josie :) I can have days where I follow the plan with ease, but I never take these days for granted as I know the next day I can be grazing all day!

As I know this happens I try to be extra good on the days when it seems easy and save my syns for the bad days, it's all about damage limitation for me! xx

oo I hope this is an interesting post.
I don't get sweet cravings really but I'm worried about my NEED for crisps. Going to make sure I have some low syn crisps at the ready :)

Frozen grapes are fantastic! They are like sweets - and curb my sugar cravings big time. I put a whole punnet in the freezer at a time and then when I'm sitting watching TV and the cravings start I nibble on them and they are gorgeous....

I've heard frozen pineapple is gorgeous too, but I love the grapes...

Nona
x

White chocolate spread on 3 pagen krispy rolls - 1hexb and 4.5syns. Really sweet and crunchy, like chocolate biscuits :) x

I talk to myself! Sometimes this helps :)

nettie said:
oo I hope this is an interesting post.
I don't get sweet cravings really but I'm worried about my NEED for crisps. Going to make sure I have some low syn crisps at the ready :)

I always have skips in the house.. 4 syns for a pack n yummy!

gobolino said:
I talk to myself! Sometimes this helps :)

Hehe would love to see that

White chocolate spread on 3 pagen krispy rolls - 1hexb and 4.5syns. Really sweet and crunchy, like chocolate biscuits :) x

I've never heard of pagen krispy rolls or seen white choc spread!! Sounds like I am missing out :p

Unfortunately fruit doesn't work for my sweet cravings and I find if I allow myself one chocolate then I open the door to having loads of them. I just don't have much willpower!!

I am definitely a 'sweet' food craver. I have been known to choose sweet stuff over meals before, hence why I am currently fitting into size 16 tops lol!!

I just remembered I tried the sw forrero rocher (sp?) from the recipe forum early last year when I did the plan and that was pretty good. There was also one for truffles which involved quark, options and choc drops if I remember correctly. Must bump those I think if I can find them!!:D

Lol acc I've been known to do exactly the same and go to bed if cravings get unbearable! However before i get to this stage non-food ideas include going for a run / walk, brushing my teeth or having a hot bath. These have all worked for me in the past.

I've never heard of pagen krispy rolls or seen white choc spread!! Sounds like I am missing out :p

Unfortunately fruit doesn't work for my sweet cravings and I find if I allow myself one chocolate then I open the door to having loads of them. I just don't have much willpower!!

I am definitely a 'sweet' food craver. I have been known to choose sweet stuff over meals before, hence why I am currently fitting into size 16 tops lol!!

I just remembered I tried the sw forrero rocher (sp?) from the recipe forum early last year when I did the plan and that was pretty good. There was also one for truffles which involved quark, options and choc drops if I remember correctly. Must bump those I think if I can find them!!:D

I love sweet things too! White choc spread is in Asda, they also do dark choc if you prefer. Pagen krispy rolls count as a hexb for 3, and are usually with the crackers etc, they come in a bag. I hope they are still hexb, get my new book tonight :confused:
The longer I go without sweet things the better... I have been known to get through a bag of those bakery cookies from the supermarket pretty rapid!!

I'm more of a savoury person and find the only way to stop the cravings is not to have crisps at all...even low syn crisps-1 pack leads to more so the syns soon add up but if I avoid them I don't crave them x

Beetroot apparently curbs chocolate cravings xx

Back