§§§ Team 20 -09 Our Skinny Year! §§§

Oh my Oh my! I can't believe it my second weigh in and I've lost another 7lb. Thats 1 stone in 13 days. I am so over joyed. This makes yesterday's shopping nightmare seem so silly. I'm so happy I didn't give in.
Been to work today and people have noticed my weight loss. It's little things like this which make my day.
The best thing of all is I got bars and porridge so I'm so excited.
Come on girls keep it up remember 2009 is our skinny year x x x

Any results this week?

Irene xx

We had the results but I kinda thought the first week's losses are not really fair to report considering so many other teams are well into their later weeks so I thought maybe we can report properly once everyone had the second weigh in since the team started if that's okay?

First and foremost: Amazing loss Charise!!! WAY TO GO!!!

Great stories everyone!!!!

Bonnie – my mother and I have a very dysfunctional love-hate relationship and she is very very sick. Breast cancer -removed and in remission for now-, diabetes, her heart is bad, she is 149 kg -was before I started her on a modified version of CD-; chronic pain, a nasty depression and neurosis that make her impossible to get along with and is completely in my care. I love her with all my heart though and want nothing more than to help her restore some of her health and live the hopefully many years she has left -she's only 58!-

Katya – your PhD?!? You sound SO much younger!!!

Elizabeth – Beautiful story hon! Cheers for sharing it all!
Viki – you guys sound like you love animals, that's so neat...

Trying to put it in short...

CD is only part of how I plan to change my life. I stopped smoking last year, I intend to start learning about nutrition, I have started exercising, all in all I want a new, healthy and sustainable lifestyle. This time I know I am going to lose them all (bar health alarms) and then work on keeping them off. Since the goal is to get pregnant relatively right after I lose the weight, I recognize I may have to restart CD after I am done breast feeding but I intend to find a diet/maintenance program to use during pregnancy as well!

It's not for vanity I am doing this (oh maybe a little) as I do not look my weight but much slimmer but I'm doing this partly for IVF (after 2 years of heart wrecking trying for a baby, and an unsuccessful IVF try, we know that my mister is sterile and we need a procedure called ICSI to ever have children, hence my BMI needs to be under 30 for us to be accepted for the NHS goes) but partly because it's time I changed my life. I have done greatly education wise, have raised my brother, am currently taking care of my very sick mother quite well career wise -I'm a the director of sales of a software company- and I dare say my love life is thankfully in order.

So in the grand scheme of things, what's left is kids and myself. Given a choice maybe I would have done children and then self improvement but since a slimmer me is required to get them I'll do it this time around. It's late (I'll be 31 this year, ol' biological clock ticking like mad) and this is the type of things I ought to have done in my 20s but sod it, better late than never, right?

These last few days the scales have moved awfully slow... I'm most worried about some health calamity -high blood pressure, fainting, etc- and not being able to keep this for the full 12 weeks than anything other but on the plus side I have measured myself and my arms, ankles, thighs and neck of all things LOL are the smallest of my adult life!

Where are you sarah, naomi and blush? Still with us or are we back to 6 in this team?

Hi MissAma

So sorry to hear about your mum..... sounds as though you and I had a similar relationship with our mums..... Mine passed away just after her 59th birthday. I have to say the last 4 months of her life were probably the best 4 months we had as far as a mother and daughter relationship goes.... if that makes any sense (she had been given maybe 2 years after diagnosis but only lived for 4 months despite chemo). She too was living with us for the duration of her illness having come for christmas and staying until the end. I hope you and your mum can have some good times together too.

I understand how motivated you must be to lose the weight in order to qualify for IVF. You seem so positive, I'm sure you'll be able to do it..... and at 31, altho I'm sure your biological clock is ticking..... at 40, mine is thumping.... either that or its stopped lol!!!!

You had such a great weight loss last week, please don't become disheartened if the scale isn't moving quite so much this week. So far I seem to have only lost 2 or 3 lbs and I get weighed tomorrow (I'd actually got heavier mid week????). I'm hoping to either drop a few lbs today (highly unlikely) or next week, start loosing properly. Which ever it is I know the weight will come off because I haven't eaten a thing.

Well done on the measurement side of things..... great news. I only did mine yesterday. Haven't taken any pics yet so I guess I'd better get some taken before its too late eh??

Sorry to hear about your Mum MissAma. I hope that she gets better; and with your love and support, I'm sure she will!

And we will get our babies my lovely! Whether it be with ICSI, naturally, or clomid, they will come to us!! Our aim is to be preggers by XMAS - we can do it!!

Just got back from my weigh-in and I lost 4lbs this week. Quite surprised considering my period is due tomorrow - didn't think I would have lost that much. That takes me down to 198lbs - I'm out of the 200's!

Finally able to get the bars this week, which I am happy about. I never bothered trying them last time I did CD, so I'm excited to see what they're like. I got one of each flavour, just to see which ones I like. I'm just glad to have a change from porridge and milkshakes!!

xxx

Well done AutumnSky..... thats great. Perhaps by xmas we'll be changing our name to

09 OUR PREGNANT YEAR!!!!

Hang on Bonzo count me out LOL.
I will spur you on offer help, advice and support, I will even change nappies if I am in your area but I dont want to be a member of that club. You will all get your babies and turn out to be yummy mummies at the end of it X X X

Hehe i'm only 22. I did have my second weigh in yesterday and i lost 5.5lbs :) I'm so happy :)

How is everyone? Sending you all love and support for your journey to becoming yummymummys or yummyladys :)

Well done Diddums..... I'm looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow altho think I'll find it hard to beat yours....... mid week I was 2 lbs heavier?? Go figure!!!

Carry on the good work......

Well done diddums bet your chuffed with that. Remember Bonzo every little helps keep it up and good luck x x

Well done on your loss Elizabeth!!! That brings you to being the teams biggest loser, right?

snoopy_happy_dance.jpg

Thank you for your kind words Bonnie and Elizabeth!!! You two are so very sweet. I am not convinced that I can do it by the end of this year -skinny and preggers- here's an outline of my goals in this thread http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/73222-cd-veterans-cdcs-opinions-please.htmlhttp://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/73222-cd-veterans-cdcs-opinions-please.html but I'm sure I'll get there eventually anyhow!

I know what you mean with the weight piled on mid week Bonnie, I am 2 days away from weigh-in and yesterday I had put on over a pound! Like Elizabeth I'm before AF so I presume it's not that bad considering. (Wondering if I'll get any AF this month since hormonal production stops when in ketosis!) I am not PMSing though! Positive mental attitude galore right before my menstruation?!?! Give me more Cambridge diet!!! - Anyone else getting this pleasant side effect? :)

Well done on the loss Katya!!! You did exceptional!

Just read your goal Misama and your so focused well done. Reading that made me realise I dont have any I'm just mulling along loosing weight. With every thing going on in your life it must be so hard and your so strong to be doing this which is really hard. You sound really organised and I think your positivness (is that a word) is really spurring me on your better than my cdc (lol) .

You sound really organised and I think your positivness (is that a word) is really spurring me on your better than my cdc (lol) .

Awwww hon you're making me blush!

I have my low days as well but I wrote the goals down because aside from being a list freak lol, I found out the only way to get to objectives is to break them down into achievable shorter term goals and then put them on paper and re-read them whenever I get demotivated.

With how little you have to lose it ought to be easier to write mini-goals. Such as think of 5 things you want to do for fun or buy yourself that are connected to weight loss (e.g. run with your partner, buy a sexy dress for VD, etc) and establish each as a reward after each 4 pounds lost or such. You'll be there in no time!

Well its Tuesday again.

I have just weighed myself again and I've lost....... another 6lbs :bliss: I'm so happy.

I had an odd week weight wise :scale: Mid week I'd put on 2lbs and then over the last couple of days it dropped off..... despite a couple of slices of ham one afternoon!! I know I shouldn't have and I don't even like ham that much but I was desperate and I thought if I was gonna eat something then ham wouldn't be too bad in the great scheme of things!!!

Still it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference and I'm so pleased about that. I'm resolving to stay on the wagon for however long it takes.... and its gonna take some time!!

My mini goal will be to have less than 100 lbs to loose so only 10 lbs till I reach that one..... should hopefully be there in the next couple of weeks. I made my overall goal 155 lbs but I really don't know what weight I want to get to. I know that is around the weight I should be but to be honest its been so long since I was at or around that weight that I don't know what I'd look like, Ideally I'd like to be about a size 12...... heck even a 16 would be great at this point. I don't think I'm gonna focus too much on my set target weight but rather what I look like. Think I'd rather be a 14 with my skin not so saggy than smaller with a ton of excess skin dragging behind me!!!!

Well I'm off to have my shake a down some serious water..... good luck everyone :grouphugg:

Well done on a fab loss Bonzo!! Brilliant! You've taken my crown of biggest loss so far, lol!!

Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow MissAma!!

Period has just arrived for me - BOO!!!!

xxx

Hope your all feeling well and keeping up the good work, I'm struggling it's my daughter's 1st birthday and in the middle of the kitchen table is a huge chocolate cake, not usually what I fancy (I prefere crisps and nuts) but its killing me. The cake's huge so there's no where else to put it, its only 13.45 and I'm ready for my last shake. Role on bed time x x x

Try and stay motivated...... imagine how great you'll feel later knowing that you didn't have any cake!!! Enjoy your daughter's first birthday knowing that this time next year you'll be a yummy mummy and will be able to have that cake!!!! Have a great day x

Oh wow check you out Bonnie!!!

TryingSoHard listen to her, she is so right, when you will have avoided temptation you will feel heavenly! - Last night it was my mom's birthday and everyone toasted with water! :)-

Thank you Elizabeth but it's not till tomorrow evening. Not holding my breath for a decent loss I'm all AFy and bloated but I reckon next weigh-in I am due a couple pounds added! :)

Hope everyone else is well? Many hugs to all!

Back