§§§ Team 20 -09 Our Skinny Year! §§§

No, i'm not drinking enough water, and often, I'm not having my 3rd pack either.

This week, I will behave myself. I will up my water intake, and make sure I have my 3rd pack, even if I don't feel hungry enough.

P.S. Got my fertility drug, Clomid today. Dunno if it will help me conceive, but we shall see. Start taking it in about 2 weeks.

Ooo good luck with the drug! Sending you lots of baby dust!!!! I find that eating a bar in the evening when im not hungry is easier. Or you could try combining 2 packets together that might help you have all three a day :)

WOW Diddums

You've done so well!! You've lost over 2 stone in 4 weeks.... thats brill.

I'm having the same trouble as AutumnSky in that I'm finding it hard to have 3 shakes a day. I've also been finding myself eating a slice of ham here and there. I know I shouldn't but I have. Tomorrow I'll get weighed again and I'm determined to stop picking. I have to stop otherwise I'm just wasting my time!!

Good luck with the Clomid AutumnSky. I was on that when I conceived my daughter. You really must make sure you're having your 3 shakes a day especially if you are trying to conceive. Good luck!! We're all rooting for you.

I'l let you know how I do tomorrow altho I'm not expecting much of a loss!!!

Good luck Autumn sky it will work we are all with you.
Hey Bonzo don't spoil it for yourself no picking this week and you will be so proud. Somthing my mum always says to me when I feel like giving in." Nothing taste as good as being thin looks".
Im havin a nightmare we are snowed in and I cant get to my cdc today either. Think Ive put 4 lbs on and I have been so good had no carbs at all. I'm thinking what will happen when I start eating againg?

Thanks Bonzo, i'm really happy totally delighted! Went down one and a half dress sizes which is fantastic, tho i am a loose 20atm :) I'll get there :)

Well done Diddums your doing so well. Thanks for the food tips I managed to get to see my cdc I had to get there by hook or crook (my hubby wasn't too happy) as the snow was quite bad and the roads are still icy around here. To my suprise I stayed the same. I'm so happy as I had the family meal and have eaten food since Saturday as I ran out of cd. Back on it strictly today can't wait for next weigh in. Off to work have a super slim day x

First and foremost my apologies for having vanished again. It will never happen again. I will make it a point to write.

Bonnie - you are doing good hon, I know it's starting to get tough but hang in there!
Elizabeth! - Clomid hey? What with all the good stories (bird24, etc) you must be stocked! You'll be preggers in no time!
TryingSoHard - you are SO skinny hon! It's so intimidating :)
Katya! - Whoa you're losing a load! You must be feeling super!

Let's see what are the good news? Ah yes, Goal 1 achieved! 114 exactly the last weight-in of January so done!

And what's better? 4 days -not a week- into February and I'm at 112.4!!! Feels darn good. That's essentially 5.7 pounds (2.6 kg)!!! Woo Hooo! Happy dance!

All the non-cheating was worth it.

Here are my tips after a month of CD and a total of 12 kg (27 lbs) lost:

- Don't skip any meals
- Don't alternate the hours too much
- Get a bottle of 2 litters for work/midday and go through it religiously, thirst will take care of another liter or two in the morning and evening
- Get an ice crusher, or a powerful blender, nothing like making the sakes into an ice-cream -crush the ice, pour the powder on top and a smidgeon of water only-
- Self explanatory but Don't cheat. Not worth it.

Best news of all? I am less than a pound from achieving the second goal!!!

Hi girls

I did type a message yesterday as it was weigh day for me but for some reason it didn't post and just disappeared. I was about to retype it but was so peed off that I just couldn't be bothered!!!

Anyway.... Tuesday has been and gone and I've lost 2lbs. I know its not much but to be honest I had a bad week...... husband away in Sweden on business, friend had a stroke, ran out of CD supplies for 4 days and to top it all off it was my TOTM. How much worse could things have been!!!! All in all I guess I was pleased I managed to lose 2lbs. This week I am completely focused. Husband comes home tomorrow.... thank god.... his excitement keeps me on the straight and narrow, bless him!!

Managed to fit into some jeans this morning that I haven't worn for almost 3 years so that was fab. I have been sticking to my 3 shakes, which is hard cos its still so cold here.... -18 today but I am determined not gonna pick at all.... nothing...... nada!! Thanks Trying So Hard for your mum's words of wisdom..... this week I will be trying so hard!!!!

Have decided that I'll probably weigh in on Monday next week as its my sons birthday on Monday and we are off out for dinner.... our first meal out since I started CD on Jan 6th. We used to eat out far too much..... probably 4 times a week. I worked out that since being on CD we have probably saved in excess of $900!! $900 in a month...... I can't believe it. Thats $5400 in 6 months.... and a small car in a year!!! We are also saving money on all the crappy groceries that I'm not buying. Think its taking some time for the kids to get adjusted to not having all those "goodies" or should I say "baddies" in the house. Still I'm not complaining......we'll need all that money we're saving for all the new clothes and shoes I'm gonna need!!!

I'm really determined to stick to it and I definitely won't run out of supplies again. When I phoned my order in I was told it would take 2 days for my cartons to arrive.... well I ordered them on Monday morning and they didn't get here till Friday afternoon.... funny 2 days that was!!

Don't know if I'm in ketosis..... don't know if I'm supposed to be. None of the literature over here mentions ketosis at all and there seems to be quite a lot of carbs in the shakes I have. I'm wondering whether the formula they use here is just very low in cals.

Well we're doing so well.... we should all be pleased. So far I've lost 23lbs and I aim to lose another 28 by the end of March, putting my loss at a grand total of 51lbs in 3 months. I should be able to lose 2 stones in 2 months...... just think in 8 weeks I could be 232lbs with only another 77 to go!!!!!!!

Welcome back MissAma

I'm so jealous...... but in a nice way.... that you're down to 248!!! We started at about the same time and at the same weight and you have lost 11lbs more than me. Well done..... I really am soooo pleased for you. But watch out....... I'm gonna be after you!!!!!

Good! I know you'll get there and even surpass me if you only keep your mind to it! Ignore my PM I got excited and never read the end of your post!

How many carbs a day are there in your shakes? 50 in ours. And 470 kcal. It should say on the box.

I have to run to bed my now slim mister -damn him!- is very interested in having me there (giggle, have to say girls, this is the number ONE gain of the diet... our sex life just became the stuff of movies!)

Mine might be if my husband was here instead of being there LOL!!!

My shakes have 16g of carbs and 140 calories per serving.

Enjoy your evening.... you should be fast asleep at 12:45 instead of jumping into bed with your hubby!!! Where do you get your energy from??? Since mine has been away I've been going to bed at 9pm...... the same time as my kids!!!!

Enjoy xx

Lol girls I know what you mean Iv bought new undies as I'm close to goal, think my hubby likes em more than me.

Hey girlies,

Unfortunately, I have decided to come off the diet. I have felt like crap for the last week; faint, dizzy, going black when I stand up etc.

I spoke to my gynae consultant, and due to the fertility meds I am on (Metformin), and the Clomid that I will be taking in the next couple of weeks, he has advised that I come off the diet for the time being.

Although I don't want to be a 'quitter', I must admit that I am slightly relieved. I'm fed up of feeling sick all day (not sure if this is to do with the fact that I am meant to be taking my metformin with food, which I obviously can't do at the moment!)

I'm really happy that Cambridge has given me the boost of weight loss that I needed. I have about 10lbs to go before my BMI is 'overweight' instead of 'obese', and I intend to continue to try and lose weight. It obviously won't come off as quickly as Cambridge, but I am going to try my best. My husband has devised me a diet & exercise plan, which I have told him he must make sure I adhere to!!

Good luck everyone; I know you will all be at goal in no time. I will still pop in here and check up on you all. And hopefully I'll be able to come and tell you that I'm pregnant very soon!!

Big hugs to you all! :wave_cry:

Lol Miss Ama, its a great perk isn't it! I've had a really good week so far. I'm feeling a bit peckish now, i think its because i haven't drunk enough, only 1.5l so far.

Hehe i'm still at the beginning of my journey, however, my skirts and trousers are too loose and my undies are falling down, not very sexy when your trying to stop you trousers and undies from falling off lol!

When is everyones weigh in day? I get weighed every Sunday evening.

I have been cooking and baking like a mad women, i find it takes away any odd cravings lol...my mum hates me as she finds cooking really difficult whilst being on SS.

Awww AutumnSky i'm sorry you've been feeling crappy. Don't worry your not a quitter! You've done really well, but health is important and no point in making yourself ill!

I was just wondering how much metformin are you on? I'm on 850mg (one tablet) a day, and i haven't had any side effects so far! Thanks god, i think i've had it really easy side effect wise in general, and I've been perfectly fine from the beginning. I do however get a bit dizzy if i get up too quickly but doesnt last more than a couple minutes!

Good luck with your weight loss journey! Do keep letting us know how you're doing. Sending you best wishes and baby dust xx

Hey Diddums :)

I'm on 1000mg a day at the moment, but I have to up it again to 1500mg a day in about 2 weeks. Then I'll be up to the maximum dosage I need to be on.

I'm glad that you're doing ok on it. I just feel so nauseous all the time. If I still feel the same when I'm eating food as well, I'll seriously consider coming off of it.

xxx

Aww hopefully food should settle your stomach. Yeh i was on 1500mg a day but doctor reduced it to 850mg because i wouldnt be eating much on this diet.

There's also the possibility that when i get to goal weight i can come off it, as the doctors aren't sure whether i have PCOS or its just my fat producing extra hormones as my periods are normal.

Noooo Elizabeth!!! I understand though... I do hope you get preggers in no time hon!

Katya you lost so very much! I'm utterly envious.

I've taken my one month pictures and have been quite down about it as I feel a million times slimmer than these pictures show (my arse is coming along nicely though) LOL I have SUCH a long way to go still! But who cares, it's just a process and we'll get there.

If you're prepared to be grossed out, here they are (think you can click on them for the awful whole picture LOL):

WOW MissAma, the difference is amazing! You've given me courage to post some pictures of me taken over the last 4 weeks.

dressedfrontoo0.jpg

Back