10 weeks of TS - anyone wanna join?

Aww claire really feel for you cos the 5 minutes of pleasure will give you hours of pain - hope you get back on track as your weight loss is amazing - sending hugs

BF

Well day 7 today and been 100% to date - had unexpected visitor last night who stayed for drinks and nibs but I resisted - pat on back to oneself.

BF

Yeah thx BF, back on track today starting my 100% again lol, food really isnt worth it!!! Lots of walking today planned to burn off some of those calories.

CLAIRE - i want to say super well done for not letting that 1 slip-up send you veering off course. 1 sandwich and crisps is a slip-up, but the more you slip-up and then able to get back on track, the more likely you'll be able to do that once you're maintaining.
Don't berate yourself - instead really praise yourself for not returning to old ways. Just imagine: you could have then gone on to eat more... and more... and still be eating more this morning! As it is, you might have kicked out of ketosis and it might affect your loss a tiny bit - but not alot cuz you've put a stop to it.
I think THAT is worth praise - well done :)

In other news, my scales addiction continues! I managed to avoid the scales yday, but today I simply had to do it! But actually, I'm so pleased I did. After my slip-up(s!) last weekend, I weighed in at 16.0... as of this morning I'm 15.5.7 (I always round up, so that's 15.6)!! I just can't believe it. That's better than my loss in my 1st week a few weeks ago! I'm sure alot was excess water and glucogen from the slip-ups, but boy does it feel good to see that number going down so fast. It really makes it feel worth it!
Croatia 9.5 weeks... here I come!

Hay there I'm on day 2 and I'm more than happy to go for the 10 weeks and get 2stone off !!! I'm here as my bf is going to ask me to marry him and I was measured for a ring at the start of the year, since then I had a little sneaky try on and the bugger don't fit any more I'm going to be so embarrassed when he asks n he can't even get it on ! Hence the name slim hands :)

My weigh in day is Thursday !!! Good luck everyone

Well I'm sure you will do it you have something brilliant to look forward to!! x

Claire - that is not a binge, it was a slight blip ;). You're doing so well and you'll probably find this hasn't affected your loss at all. Don't panic :D.

Kay - that is brilliant. Well done!

Not feeling as good as I was hoping I would as my 3 week WI only yielded a 1lb loss, WTF is that all about :sigh: So, my total weight loss since starting is a measly 8lbs. On a slightly better note I have lost an inch off my waist this week which is a total of 3 inches but still I would have liked to see lower numbers.

I don't think I have been drinking enough this week either, well not enough of the pure stuff. Had plenty of coke zero and bouillon but the plain water has taken a bit of a hit. Will address this next week.

So, anyone getting close to week 4 like me? Are you planning to AAM? I'm really dreading it as I feel so much more within my comfort zone when food is taken out of the equation. Although I suppose it is part of the journey and will have to face up to it eventually.

Hi bornagain.
I'm not approaching AAM quite yet, but I know exactly what you mean about introducing food. It slightly panics me having been 100% for 6 days to be around food and consider eating any! But you're right - we do have to face food and be able to eat in moderation. I have a tricky situation tomorrow - an impromptu BBQ at my place. My housemate knows I'm being careful and is really supportive, but doesn't know I'm currently replacing all my meals. So I started to feel really quite panicked this eve with the thought of having to eat and feeling out of control etc etc. So I read over some Beck book stuff and decided my best bet was to plan exactly what I will eat down to a T. That way, according to Beck, I'll have planned it and therefore won't feel panicked or guilty. That means it won't lead onto eating more or giving up.
I also need to practise something from Beck - the taking food onto your plate and not eating it.
So my plan is this: take a burger and small serving of plain salad onto my plate. Eat half the burger, and the salad, and leave half the burger on my plate. And that's it!
As far as I know, this won't kick me out of ketosis and it won't affect my loss... do we agree? I'm going to have 2 packs earlier in the day and then go back to TS on Monday.
So... that's the plan. I'm trying to look at it positively - as a chance to practise the skills I'm going to need to use everyday for the rest of my life.
Here's hoping anyway!

Morning peeps, how's everyone this morning?

I'm happy to report that week one was completed successfully - 100% TS and my weigh in this morning gave me a generous 6lb loss - woo hoo

BF

Sounds like a good plan Kay. Hope you enjoy the day and don't stress about the food too much.

Well done bluefox2, that's a great start.

Afternoon all. Thought I'd post on here to focus myself before going off to cook up a feast for my guests! BEWARE: FOOD TALK, TURN AWAY NOW IF YOU NEED TO!!!
Cuz of the rain, we've decided to grill instead of bbq. I'm sticking to my plan of half a burger and small salad. I'm also whipping up a home made coleslaw and some portuguese tarts for dessert - both of which I will not be partaking of. We are drinking Pimms - but I will be drinking water and a coke zero!
This is the concrete plan and I am giving myself NO CHOICE to slip from it. I'm already imagining how proud I'm going to feel later this evening having stuck to my plan :)
In other news... I think I've finally made it into ketosis because yesterday and especially today, the hunger pangs and rumbling stomach have gone. I still feel empty between packs, but that is normal I think. I could handle the pangs, but I must say, it's easier without them!
Hope you are all enjoying this miserable Sunday afternoon!
Kay xxx

Hay everyone

I hope you are all doing well, I have just completed day 3 !! Not hungry but the food is still runnin through my head (all day) !! I just have a head ache which won't bugger off lol

Good luck to everyone xxxx

Hay everyone

I hope you are all doing well, I have just completed day 3 !! Not hungry but the food is still runnin through my head (all day) !! I just have a head ache which won't bugger off lol

Good luck to everyone xxxx

The headache will go soon slimhands, stick with it and hopefully the food thoughts will go too

BF

Hi everyone and hope you are surviving! Well I hope I can survive now. I got laid of work last week!!! So now I am at home all day job hunting! Just hope I can resist what's in my fridge etc etc. I loved this diet while being at work as I found it so easy to do and nothing to tempt me to come off! Well at least I have the support on here. Got my Fourth WI day tomorrow so that will be something to spur me on another day! Hope you all get good results over the next seven days!! xx :wave_cry:

Skinniminx - so sorry to hear your job woes. I know what you mean about being at work making it easier - I was on half term last week and am off sick today, and it's much harder when your day isn't full. Maybe make a plan for each day until you find your new job? I'm sure you will stick to the plan though.
I woke up with the mother of all migraines this morning and simply could not go to work - I get full on headache and nausea, bleurgh. I feel awful - I hate taking time off as a teacher. Am feeling a bit recovered now - just the residual headache and will be back in fighting form tomorrow.
I don't think the migraine is anything to do with the diet. Just a random thing I guess!
In other news! I stuck to my plan yesterday when around food: I had half a burger, half a sausage and small salad. I skipped on coleslaw, bread, pudding and after-dinner chocolates. Very very proud of myself! If I can handle that, I can face any food situation I reckon :)
Onwards and downwards my loves!

:sign0144: hi, i've just started TS (just started wk 3). my weigh in day is sat. my goal is for sept when i go to a school reunion!!! friend request me and we can start this journey together :) xx

Sorry to hear about your job skinni, hope your job search is successful!

Well after my silly munch the other day i'm back on 100%, 2nd day AGAIN lol.

Welcome aboard liz x

Back