1lb a week challenge

@Denise116..i think keeping your syns below 10 helps a lot too.

@kazz43 .. will you post the recipe for the soup please if you've time

@DinoDana .. Yay, well done for getting in the 9’s..you're doing excellent

@Jenny_b .. You're doing absolutely amazing Jenny and I'm sure you will manage to
lose another 1st 7lb by Christmas

Big hugs everyone and good luck for next week X

Hi tibbs

I based it on a recipe from YouTube, I think it’s from Tastefully Vikkis channel

1 carton of passata (or you can use tinned tomatoes, I think you should still get a nice soup)
1-2 courgettes, chopped small
1-2 carrots chopped small
1/2 onion diced
Small handful button mushrooms sliced
Good pinch garlic powder
Good couple of pinches mixed herbs
Good handful dried wholewheat spaghetti , broken up into small pieces
Couple of stock cubes, I used 1 chicken and 1 vegetable
Seasoning, I just added a little salt as the stock cubes have salt in them but plenty of black pepper
Enough water to cover
Put all ingredients in soup maker (if using)
I made it in my soup maker but you could do it on the hob or possibly the slow cooker, not sure if you can put dried pasta in a slow cooker, I never have so I couldn’t predict the results
If using a soup maker, set on chunky and press start
Delicious!!

Hi tibbs

I based it on a recipe from YouTube, I think it’s from Tastefully Vikkis channel

1 carton of passata (or you can use tinned tomatoes, I think you should still get a nice soup)
1-2 courgettes, chopped small
1-2 carrots chopped small
1/2 onion diced
Small handful button mushrooms sliced
Good pinch garlic powder
Good couple of pinches mixed herbs
Good handful dried wholewheat spaghetti , broken up into small pieces
Couple of stock cubes, I used 1 chicken and 1 vegetable
Seasoning, I just added a little salt as the stock cubes have salt in them but plenty of black pepper
Enough water to cover
Put all ingredients in soup maker (if using)
I made it in my soup maker but you could do it on the hob or possibly the slow cooker, not sure if you can put dried pasta in a slow cooker, I never have so I couldn’t predict the results
If using a soup maker, set on chunky and press start
Delicious!!

Ooo thanks Kazz, sounds lovely:p I'll make it tomorrow. I'm going to try and get back into having soup for lunch every day. I lost 6lb last time i did it :) X

Hi, @Jenny_b & @Tibbs I gave my first 4 weeks diary to my consultant to check so I know I'm doing it ok in my meals and snacks during the day. I think I might drop my syns down for a bit - I generally use them for chocolate or wine. I have been wondering if i'm drinking enough, because despite of all the speed veg I've been having I do seem to get constipated (sorry if that's too much info!). Going to try boosting the water too. I have been exercising - currently starting week 3 of gold body magic.

:)

Hi, @Jenny_b & @Tibbs I gave my first 4 weeks diary to my consultant to check so I know I'm doing it ok in my meals and snacks during the day. I think I might drop my syns down for a bit - I generally use them for chocolate or wine. I have been wondering if i'm drinking enough, because despite of all the speed veg I've been having I do seem to get constipated (sorry if that's too much info!). Going to try boosting the water too. I have been exercising - currently starting week 3 of gold body magic.

I seem to get a bigger loss if I drink 5-6 bottles (500ml each) a day..not that easy to do in the colder weather. A tip from Quinn's was to have a bottle when you get up and then every time you go to the loo..which will be non stop at first:D
A dietician told me you can get constipated when you first increase fibre until your body gets used to it. More water should definitely help :sick0019: x

Well done everyone, we're all doing fab.

I'm hoping for only a small gain this week, this weekend has been bad - but the kitchen is finally coming along, not ready quite yet but we can use the oven and the sink whoop whoop. So after pizza and a few beers yesterday I am finally back on plan 100% from today. I do have plans this coming weekend but I'm going to try to be good. I'll be driving on Friday and Saturday, so food will be my only concern but I'll pick the best options depending on where we end up eating.

I always get better losses when I drink more water. alcohol always slows my losses. just noticed you don't have much to lose, usually is harder to lose the less excess fat you have. best of luck for a good loss at weigh in x x

I seem to get a bigger loss if I drink 5-6 bottles (500ml each) a day..not that easy to do in the colder weather. A tip from Quinn's was to have a bottle when you get up and then every time you go to the loo..which will be non stop at first:D
A dietician told me you can get constipated when you first increase fibre until your body gets used to it. More water should definitely help :sick0019: x

Thanks for the advice. I will really try to push up the liquids - I hope my body does get used to the extra fibre soon! (Love the emoji BTW :) )

I always get better losses when I drink more water. alcohol always slows my losses. just noticed you don't have much to lose, usually is harder to lose the less excess fat you have. best of luck for a good loss at weigh in x x

Thanks Jenny. I have been using syns on mine and chocolate so I probably should cut down on the wine as well as increasing my water. Certainly worth a try for a couple of weeks.

I've actually been out for a run today for the first time in ages - not very far or very fast but it's a start. :woohoo:

I keep losing this thread:confused:
@kazz43 i've made your soup twice..it is Devine :p I didn't use spaghetti as hate it in soup so added half a tin of butter beans and a handful of spinach instead. It's definitely one of my fave soups.

I haven't got high hopes for this week's weigh in! Way too much chocolate all week and last night was dreadful:oops: everytime a trick or treater came (which was a lot) I had to have one too:oops:
Good luck everyone X

I've been having cheeky WI's all week and it's looking quite good for me this week... although I think we'll be eating out again tonight as we can't go in the kitchen (floors just been layed) but I will try and pick something good.

Just half a pound off today, but as I thought it might be a gain I'm happy with it. Was talking to another group member and think I may need to eat more! I'll give it a go this week :)

whoop whoop whoop..happy dance:stickdance:-1.5lb
I nearly fell off the scales this morning and actually got weighed 3 times as I didn't believe it! So much so I'm posting the photo of them:D
image.jpeg
After a week long chocolate fest I was expecting the worst!
@kazz43 i swear your soup helped with the loss :)

I intend following the principles of the soup challenge (no longer running) to see if I can get a couple of pounds off next week...I am on a roll..hopefully rolling my way to the 10’s :D X

whoop whoop whoop..happy dance:stickdance:-1.5lb
I nearly fell off the scales this morning and actually got weighed 3 times as I didn't believe it! So much so I'm posting the photo of them:D
View attachment 188226
After a week long chocolate fest I was expecting the worst!
@kazz43 i swear your soup helped with the loss :)

I intend following the principles of the soup challenge (no longer running) to see if I can get a couple of pounds off next week...I am on a roll..hopefully rolling my way to the 10’s :D X
@Tibbs well done!!!!:0clapper::thankyouthankyou:hope you enjoyed the soup!! katy Jayne sw on YouTube shared that recipe and she’s on instagram too
Ps where did you get your glittery scales from? Xx

Ooo thanks @kazz43 i'll look up Katy Jayne and follow her..I am feeling so motivated today it's unbelievable...long may it last:D I honestly swear that it was your soup recipe that put me in the right direction:) I'm printing off menu plans for my soup week ahead, and I'm going into it in the right frame of mind so hopefully will get good results:) X

Oh, I forgot to say..I think I got the scales in Asda or maybe Wilko round about the summer so may still be in X

Ooo thanks @kazz43 i'll look up Katy Jayne and follow her..I am feeling so motivated today it's unbelievable...long may it last:D I honestly swear that it was your soup recipe that put me in the right direction:) I'm printing off menu plans for my soup week ahead, and I'm going into it in the right frame of mind so hopefully will get good results:) X
I also follow GemmaF sw and Trim with Tan . YouTube and Instagram x
I’m on instagram as kazz44 lol

Back