Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Yep, I do like greens but am to lazy to wait for them to cook, so fried buttered spinach is a great fast food option.

Just eaten lunch now, had crackers and Philadelphia again at 11am. It's not part of my long term plan as I do want to fast until 12:30pm but for now it's fine. Then at 1pm had avocado, ham, courgette relish salad leaves and a one egg plain omlette. I cooked it this morning and heated it a teeny bit in the sandwich toaster at work, it was perfect. I wanted some part of my lunch to be warm. No idea what is for dinner this evening, probably baked breaded cod. Back into work now and I'm monitoring my fluids and trying to make sure water alone is over 2.5l.Have a 5 mugs (travel mugs) of peppermint tea so far. It's just like warm water cos I only had 2 teabags

Last edited:
YES , overall 500g down this week. Which is actually a loss of almost 2kg but I had gain. So happy with a total drop of 500g overall. I am back in the game. Off now to update stats in all the challenges🤓

So yesterday rounded up as

Crackers with Philadelphia a cheese
Ham, avocado, omelette, courgette relish, salad leaves
4 shortbread fingers
Baked breaded chicken, broccolli
Dark chilli chocolate
Large glass of red wine

I don't have a stack of shortbread fingers at work. I have emergency digestives and have run out but someone else has a stash of shortbread that everyone at work yesterday raided.
Dinner was late, I had to go with my husband to collect my car from the garage and it's over an hour away. The drive back wasn't easy as we had a very heavy rain storm. So dinner was after 8pm. Awake now since silly o clock and it's still raining and very windy. If it was warm I would get up and water the tunnel as I never got to do it this week but not going out in that weather to do it

Hi Tipperary you're doing a great job I think getting motivated again :) Hope today is better, we have crazy rain here too, kids playground at school is flooded and also some roads. lets hope it dries up a bit!

Thanks Chilli and Susie. I have actually been pretty focused, I know a large glass of wine and 4 shortbread fingers don't seem it but here were the other options🤭. So drove an hour to get the car and husband suggested stopping on the way to eat at a service station, outside of course. I said nope, he stopped to get coffee and cake, I had none. Then he suggested we order takeaway for when we get home, I said nope. Then there was the temptation of drive through on the way home, nope. Got home and son had sausages and chips ready to share, nope. Daughter came in with a big cottage pie for us all, nope. Then today as Friday I sometimes bring a toasted sandwich to make at work or stop and buy a sausage sandwich and have it at 11 as then I shop at lunchtime, nope not today. I had nothing, not even a digestive at 11 and have just had lunch now of meatballs, green beans and courgette relish. I was tempted in Tesco by sausage rolls and avoided them. I I haven't had the cake in the canteen at work. However, I have just had a mini two fingered KitKat with my tea just now.
Shopping done and dinner will be a burger, hummus and coleslaw. Hummus is the treat and is off plan. Will have another large glass of wine but will only be the one as I am driving to Dublin tomorrow to see my parents. I'm stopping on the way at a retail village to do some shopping, not clothes but toiletries and maybe some household stuff. Then if I have time I will also stop at a garden centre. I'd like a banana tree and also a vine if I can get one.
I'm trying to figure out what/when to eat. The retail village has some food stands but are very carb based. I might make some rice paper rolls with egg and avocado and bring them to eat while I'm stopped.

Will chat later🙋

Last edited:
Wow you managed to avoid so many temptations, I would have cracked at the sausages 🤣 perhaps even earlier lol

How did you manage to say no to everything.

Do you make your own meatballs? I tried making turkey ones but they keep coming out dry. Any ideas on how to make them moist?

Enjoy your shopping trip to the Garden centre.

I didn't make these meatballs but I sometimes do. I cook them in a sauce and have no problems with them. I say sauce but really it's not, it's a lazy option. And sometimes I don't even fry any of it off at all but just throw it all in the oven. So, the very very lazy way, raw meatballs into a dish, frozen onion, frozen peppers, carton of passatta and into the oven. Depending on what flavour I want I might stir some Italian herbs into the passatta or Ras Al Hanout or Garam Masala or just a bit of curry powder and that's it. I'd use one carton of passatta for up to 24 meatballs, I don't actually want it saucy like you would have with spaghetti but just a coating on the meatballs.

Scales is showing a small unofficial drop and I'm in the 81s but more importantly BMI is now in the 35s😀. I really need to get it under 35, well I really need to get it under 25 and into a normal range but my body seems to panic when it's over 35 and does funny things. Hopefully I can hold onto this for the weekend.

Good on you getting a small loss this morning - now you can really enjoy Kildare Village (I presume that’s where you are going..) I’m in Wicklow and got my second vaccination yesterday so in a weeks time I’ll be out and about too! Can’t wait!

Morning Halley, plan has changed. Going to Kildare village probably now on Monday, I have the day off and baby needs her first shoes so going to Clarks. I'm still waiting on second vaccine. I got AstraZeneca and 12 weeks would be this Monday but they have moved it to 16 weeks. Husband got Moderna last week so he will end up getting second one before me

Last edited:
Ive checked and i havent quite lost my covid kilos. I am back down to where i was this time last year but when covid hit us i was at 79kg so a bit to go yet to get to that. The lightest i have been in the past 3 years is 74kg and would like to get to that again soon. I find its a comfortable weight and one easy to find clothes for.

Just caught up on your series of nopes. Excellent decisions Tipp! And excellent results. I can't wait to join you in the 16s!!! I'm in 26 jeans at the mo - getting loose at the waist.

Thanks Ali. The series of nopes didn't continue, we had Chinese takeaway last night for dinner. It was meant to be while watching the Eurovision but was a bit earlier. And the I think I watched about 5 songs and fell asleep.

Back