Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Hey there Tipperary, thinking of you and hope you are ok

Work is so busy that i dont have a moment to myself at all. The job is becoming quite difficult as i have no one to report to or to refer tasks to and am constrained by not having authority to do things

Anyway, enough about that and welcome to the rest of my life. Weight back up but im not counting it until Friday. And today i have a bookig at the swimming pool at lunchtime. 🏊‍♀️ I am fully vaccinated now and we are finally out of lockdown. Ive got a 6 month membership and have sessions booked for lunchtime at work. Its only a 3 minute drive from the office. I have today, tomorrow, Friday, Monday and Tuesday booked. You can book up to 7 days in advance. It will be a tight squeeze at lunchtime but i am going to give it a go. If it doesnt work out well next monfh i can do early mornings as i wont have the school run for July and August.
I need to do something as i am getting no exercise at all. My whole body is getting achey and feet very swollen. At least swimming will look at my full body not just lower body whicj walking and cycling would do. And im not even fussed if all i manage is 4 lenghts, its 4 more than im doing now.

And hopefully we get to go on holiday this year. Money is tight but hoping a weekend away in September and maybe, just maybe an opportunity to escape the country in October. With the EU green green cert we MIGHT just get out of here

Getting ready to go swimming, will let you know how it goes when i get back😊

Went swimming, back at work. Will report back later.

Well done for swimming! I'm thinking about going once a week too, it's definitely a good choice gor whole body.

Back to report in. Did 12 lengths swimming and 2 walking and very happy with that. But it was a bit of a rush and I got back to the office like a drowned rat. Because of covid restrictions the pool is very limited and you have to book your slot. And they close for 15 minutes between to clean. I can take an hour for lunch between 12.30pm and 2pm. But slots only available at the pool from 12pm to 1pm or 1:15pm to 2:15pm. Took the second one and left the office at 1.10. Jumped in, took my time doing the lengths and jumped out about 1:40. Quick rinse in the shower as I have to shampoo and condition my hair (mad curls). Then barely dry, lots of talc and back into my clothes. Hair dryers not turned on at the pool so had the long wet look going back. Now thankfully I'm not the sort that needs perfectly groomed hair or 30 minutes to put makeup on so I was happy to dash back to work as I was. Then clocked in for exactly 2pm, PC back on and had lunch at my desk, phew. It did get a few looks as obviously I had dry hair when I left but I said I've been swimming and got some raised eyes and one "fair f@cking play to you". I'm hoping to go 4 days a week. The fact that you have to pre book may even motivate me more.

So will see how it goes. I definitely felt good after it. Need to get diet under control too and get back in the swing of things. And with school summer holidays coming my own time will be a little bit more flexible.

Work is a different situation, we are in total disarray but for 2 totally different reasons both of which can and will be remidied we just don't know when. We need staff, I need a coordinator and a line manager.and secondly we are now 4 weeks with no IT systems of any sort, its just a waiting game. I'm currently not enjoying the job but to be fair to it want to wait until it is in "normal" times to make a judgement on it before looking for something elsewhere. At this stage because of what I do I could walk straight into the private sector and do the same thing, but I really cannot give up the security I have in this job. I does have long term prospects, but the journey is painful.

So that's me all done, off for a catch up with everyone and will be back later.
And will start reporting on meals and exercise.🙋

that makes sense Tipp, I had wondered why you didn't just look for another job. the one thing I'd say is don't 'wait' forever. If they start to make movements towards improving things then that's all good it would be worth the wait.

Well done on the swimming :) the dryers won't be allowed unfortunately for now, in the care home our residents aren't even allowed a fan in communal areas, and if they want one in their room they have to have their door closed. Covid wafts around apparently in a breeeze... It's hard to understand it all.

I'd hoped (inspired by you) to go swimming tomorrow but I still have so much to do I won't be able to get to it yet.

Thanks Chilli, just been swimming again now and swam 20 lenghts and walked 2. So a big improvement on yesterday and what my target is

Covid can be blown about by a fan, really? How odd. Lucky I live alone, no one's getting in the way of my fan when I get a hot flush :D.

Covid can be blown about by a fan, really? How odd. Lucky I live alone, no one's getting in the way of my fan when I get a hot flush :D.
I find it a bit hard to believe to be honest but yes we're not allowed fans in communal areas!

Yep, well it's passed by droplets isn't it , so a fan would spread it further. You would think then that all hand dryers should be turned off too😀

Back