Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Thanks Mary.

I never thought I'd be old. Ive been avoiding it so long. But leaning on this crutch is even making me "old shaped".

keep fighting Tipp, Once you get the right help you'll be getting younger again

It's a horrid feeling isn't it, I feel like that when I use my stick - which is every time I go out now, so I don't face plant!

It's all about fighting that "feeling old" thing, for me anyway, I've had a right old pity party since my significant birthday a few months ago. I'm just horrified that me, party girl, can actually be THAT age, and it doesn't help that I have to drag myself across a room holding onto furniture! But with weight loss will come less weight on my knees, which will feel better, maybe even after a replacement if needed - I am determined to get back to some semblance of mobility. The same will happen for you, love x

Thanks. I seem to have quickly gone from been able to quickly walk 5km or amble 10km, to hike up hills or run through fields chasing dogs or children to having no mobility at all very quickly. Oscar asked me when can i bring him on another adventure walk. It nearly broke my heart.

🤗 just hugs.

Thanks. I seem to have quickly gone from been able to quickly walk 5km or amble 10km, to hike up hills or run through fields chasing dogs or children to having no mobility at all very quickly. Oscar asked me when can i bring him on another adventure walk. It nearly broke my heart.

@tipperary Hope you get your MRI soon and can get back out there with Oscar. I wouldn't know what to do if I had to slow down and couldn't walk as far as I do now.

Keep us updated.:)

Morning all and happy Halloween 🎃. There has been a huge change in the weather here. The heating is on and with the rain all the time it's impossible to get the laundry dry. Clocks have changed so early evenings will be dark. My body is trying so hard to slump into winter mode. That means sleep when it's dark, eat comfort food when it's bright and move at the pace of a sloth. I'm going to have to shake myself up a bit. I'm going to do some meal planning a write a shopping list and try to do some batch cooking so I have low carb but winter appropriate meals ready for weekday lunches and dinners. I really have let it slide the past few weeks and I can feel it on my neck and tummy.
Last week at work I was archiving some files and was trying to lift a box that was 20kg. It was very difficult and I struggled and hurt my back. Then I realized that is only 2/3rds of the extra weight I am carrying around. Realistically I need to lose 30kg. No wonder my body is wrecked if am carrying around 1.5 heavy archive boxes ALL THE TIME 😳.
Need to get my act together NOW 😮

Yes! This! I have lost a 20kg bag of dog food. I have two more to shed. I've noticed at 50lbs gone, I am starting to feel the difference - a bit easier on the stairs. It surprises me again that it takes such a big weight loss to start to feel any difference. I think some prople don't realise this.

Re drying inside. I have a Lakeland dryer - not sure if you can get them where you are. I run it with a dehumidifier, That stops the mould. You should't run it in a room where you or dogs are - as dehydrated air isn't good for our lungs. You may want to remove plants too. They sell a cover - but an old sheet works just as well. https://www.lakeland.co.uk/21736/Dry:Soon-3-Tier-Heated-Airer

I think the benefits are slow to start but exponential when they do. I've forgotten the numbers but the pressure we're putting on our knees, ankles and feet are many times multiplied by every kg of weight. So although every extra lb adds all that extra pressure, conversely each removed lb removed multiple times pressure. I hope that makes sense. So once you start to notice a difference in pain and effort, I think it then continues faster.

Just weighed in and i am 4kg heavier than my stats say.
THIS STOPS TODAY
Well after breakfast, i am having ham and bread for breakfast. I woke up hungry and realised i had no dinner yesterday.

Lunch packed, ive made my wonderful chicken and garlic soup. Its loaded full of goodness and very tasty. Ive made enough for all my lunches this week. Lunchbox has ham and cheese and a hard boiled egg. I also have salad leaves and have some olive oil to drizzle on it. I have cracottes at work and have also packed Philadelphia and roasted almonds. Thats probably the plan for the rest of the week.
Ive bought mince and have a pumpkin from the garden and plan on making cottage pie with them.
Today is a planning and winding in day. Then tomorrow back to full lazy keto, intermittent fasting and lunchtime swimming.

My sleep hasnt been great lately and unusually for me i have been finding it hard to get out of bed. The mornings have been dark. The clocks changing hopefully will help and im leaving the bedroom bkackout blind open. Im going to start my winter regime of supplements which adds echinacea and vit d to my magnesium and b complex.

Im sure as usual when i am trying to get kick started i will probably pop in a few times throughout the day

Im having my soup now at thecdesk, im starving. And ive had 3 cracottes with Philadelphia

Hope that soup warmed you up nicely, it's always so comforting!

Re sleep, I know frommy own poor sleep over the last few years is that the absolutely worst thing you can do is beat yourself up about it, doing the whole "I should be asleep, I must sleep" thing in your head will only stress you out more, which means less sleep, etc. I get up and do things round the house until I feel tired again - and then sleep during the day when I need to. I know that's not possible with work, but for the weekends maybe?

Also don't want to seem like I'm pushing dodgy pharmacy advice here but I also 'cheat' a bit and use paracetemol to help me sleep too, takes about an hour to kick in - or stugeron, which are travel sickness pills with a side effect of making me really drowsy.

Thanks Susie, I've been taking paracetamol or nurofean each night anyway because of my hip. And I have some melatonin and valerian if I'm stuck.
Lunch as planned and I've just had dinner now, mince, cauliflower and salad greens

Back