Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Morning, i slept well i think. I woke a few times but didnt spend hours awake and now properly awake since 6am even though its still dark out. I just dont function in the dark. Ive to clean my home office and thís is a nice 2 hours to do it but not without natural light. And i cant even use the time to go to work early as i cant drop oscar to school until 8.45am. Im working from home tomorrow so can start bang on 8am and finish up earlier.
Food yesterday was more than i needed but less than i wanted or have been having
7.30am 2 slices sourdough bread with butter and ham
Through the morning 3 teaspoons chia seeds in 500ml water
11:30am chicken and garlic soup, 3 cracottes with Philadelphia
2pm 2 cracottes with cheese, ham and 1 hard boiled egg
4pm 2 shortbread biscuits
7pm bolognese type mince, cauliflower with butter, salad leaves
9pm 2 squares dark chocolate
My total water for the day was about 2L and 5 mugs peppermint tea.

Lunch and dinner today will be the same food but not sure in what order. No breakfast so not sure when i will have lunch, or part of lunch. Scales the same as yesterday, at least its not an increase. And hoping for a loss of Friday but not setting a goal, i need to see how my body reacts

Just a quick one re Sleep.
My Nutritionist told me to have a spoonful of almond butter before going to bed as I have my last meal at 5.30pm and it could be your blood sugar drops during the night and this can disturb your sleep. I see you had 2 pieces of chocolate so try that for a week to see if that makes a difference.

Yep, i kid myself that a square of dark chocolate before bed helps me sleep better because of the magnesium. I think it might be more from the comfort derived from eating it and the relaxing hormones it releases.

Didnt make it to lunchtime, had 3 cracottes with ham and cheese at 11am

You might be better off trying a magnesium supplement @tipperary - but have the chocolate too, of course! :D.

Be careful on the mag buying front, though - as a veteran of the stuff, there are a million brands out there, most of them full of fillers so you would have to take loads of tablets to get anywhere near the recommended daily allowance. And expensive isn't necessarily better, I've discovered.

Eat when you feel hungry @tipperary

I take 4 magnesium a day. 2 at lunch time and 2 at tea time. At the mo all of these supplements seem to be helping my 'ibs' as I've not suffered with it for a while and also my sinusitis has improved a lot. Still watching what I eat so it's still low histamine for a while. Vitamin D spray apparently gets into your system quicker than tabs same with Vitamin c powder. Hoping with taking all of these I will be cold free this year.:)

Last edited:
I don't do supplements personally but I'll vote chocolate all the way...err maybe that's why I'm on a diet in the first place :rotflmao:

I don't do supplements personally but I'll vote chocolate all the way...err maybe that's why I'm on a diet in the first place :rotflmao:

I never believed in them 50 years but since March when I was put on them I have noticed a big difference in how I feel, my nails, hair, skin and how they have helped me with my 'ibs' and Sinusitis along with a low Histamine 'diet'.

I'm a big fan of supplements too and gutted that I've had to stop a lot of them because of the heart meds. My faves are -

Evening primrose to control menopausal mood swings - amazing.

St John's Wort - brilliant for anxiety

Nail fungus? Try oregano oil (the Greek stuff is £ but good)

That's a few - tunermic is a real powerhouse, ditto garlic. I need to take a list down to my pharmacist and ask them what i can and can't take now.

When I was going through the Menopause I took Cod Liver oil with Evening Primrose oil capsule and it did help with my mood swings etc. The reason I know that is I moved and stopped taking it and got terrible mood swings so went back on it.

Not had any length to my nails for years. They usually split or break off before getting like this. Excuse the state of them as I've been out in the garden so they need a good scrub and a manicure.

Attachments

• MWSnap913 2021-11-04, 18_23_55.jpg
    MWSnap913 2021-11-04, 18_23_55.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi all, thanks for the suggestions. I havent been doing great weight wise at all recently and have become a right humpty dumpty again. Im off to read all your diaries now for inspiration and will be back later to chat

I offer a "turn your scales into a frisbee TODAY" service.
(*3 interest free payments of 19.99. *no money back guarantee)

How's your day been?

Hi all, thanks for the suggestions. I havent been doing great weight wise at all recently and have become a right humpty dumpty again. Im off to read all your diaries now for inspiration and will be back later to chat

Hi @tipperary How is your hip now?

I'm starting afresh with a new diary. Out with the old me and in with the new. :)

Hip isn't too bad and I'm not using the crutch. BUT I park in the accessible space by the office door, I don't use the stairs, I don't walk anywhere else at all and at home I just l stay flat on my back on the couch. I have found in the office that wearing heels is better than flats, even well supported boots. It's something to do with the angle it puts my hip at. And thinking about it this started Summer 2019 and was bad again Summer 2020 and started to get bad again August this year, all times when I would have been wearing flat shoes, runners and sandals. Makes me wonder.
I've had a stop start week and need to START today with no stop. I've cooked some of the home grown pumpkin (did I show you the Halloween table setting, we had HUGE homegrown pumpkins). Bought mince yesterday so going to make some cottage pies with a pumpkin topping, perfect for work lunches on cold days. I have eggs and sausages and avocado for breakfast,I need to try to have that as late as possible. I've to go out to my COVID booster and flu shot at 12pm so hopefully no reaction to them. It's at the hotel in town and I was tempted to get husband to come and have lunch out but that's not really a great start is it?
I have tomorrow off work and the plan was a full 3 day weekend to get stuck into the house to have it spotless ready for the Christmas decorations. I really can't manage the housework at all, an hour is the most I can stand before my hip gives up. That plan has been toppled slightly by a hairdressing appointment yesterday (no grey roots 😅) and the vaccines today. I did manage to pull out the Christmas cushions covers yesterday and I made a candy cane wreath...so a start.
I'm going to get up soon and start on the cottage pies and lots of green tea. I need to check what supplements need reordering and also make a grocery shopping list for the rest of the week, I need work lunches and handy dinners. Then I also need to get my swimming bag repacked. I haven't been in a number of weeks and can really see it. My back fat, underarms, side boob and bum shelf have all rushed back to me. I have a dress I wear to work, it actually looks really good on me from the front but is now terrible on the back, I sat in it all day Friday 😅 so need to sort that out.
Hmm any more news, I have my MRI Dec 3rd. That was also the evening of our staff Xmas part however our regional manager has strongly requested it be cancelled due to the current covid situation. It's the right thing to do but it just feels a bit "ba humbug". On the plus side I don't need to squeeze into a party dress for it, just stay at home in a dressing gown.
Chat later.

Got a good start yesterday but fell a bit in the evening. Cooked 4 portions of pumpkin cottage pie and 3 of sausage casserole with green beans and broccoli. Also have a pot of spiced coconut vegetable soup made. Got my booster and flu and no reaction other than I'm now very cold. Had a huge breakfast at 11 am, 2 egg omelette with cheese and tomato, 2 sausages, slice of air dried ham, 1 mashed avocado drizzled with pistachio oil and some salad leaves. But then at 3pm I had a scone n butter with tea. Dinner was meant to be a chicken Kiev but I wasn't hungry for it. I snacked on a handful of salted cashews and a spoonful of the leftover pumpkin. But then I had some wine, sparkling wine to be precise with darling husband...it felt like that kind of evening.🥂
I think though it's given me a good place to start from today.
I'm off work and want to keep going with the cleaning . Got the sitting room done and it's ready for the Christmas tree. If I can do that today and the hall, stairs and landing I will be very happy

Turns out we have a heavy frost, that might explain why I am cold😅🥶

So pleased to hear the MRI is coming up soon, and you're getting a chance to rest the hip a bit until then.

Your menu sounds lovely too, really nice LC meals there. Re the scone I just posted a recipe for a ground almond cheese scone, really nice - it's in GLL's diary thread.

the scones look YUMMY :D I swear I'm going to get this flour this week and try out some yummies that wont sent my glucose sky high :rolleyes:

I'm in xmas denial still. Its totally not under 5 weeks away. nope. no way no how.

That scone sounds nice but i think i only ate it cos it was here. I hate waste. On Low carb i try to have dark chocolate as a treat with tea.
Was trying to see if i could go to lunch before eating but got very hungry so having the soup now. It has onions, leeks, carrots (not much of each) and green beans cut small. Then some curry powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, a veggie stock cube, tin of coconut milk and water. Then a pack of skinny noodles, its got just the right amount of kick and substance. Then its off to drag out xmas decorations

Back