30 Days Shredded!!

Inch loss:

Hips - 3 inches
Waist - 2 inches
Bust - 2 inches
Thighs - 2 1/2 inch each
Arms - 3/4 inch each

Next challenge 6 weeks to 6 pack!!

Blimmin AWESOME STUFF Hannah! I take my hat off to you...I'm sitting here thinking 'Yay - almost 2/3 through...shame that the last 1/3 is level 3, mind!'

I've done day 17 and 18 with nary a hitch - deffo getting bouncier (I know this is because eeeeevil Jillian is grooming me for plyo moves) jumping jacks are actually fun now. I do my plank jacks until I feel the burn and my legs won't move any more - am aiming to get 30 jumps in a row before I end level 2.

I read an article in The Guardian the other day about weightlifting and women and the words the women used about feeling more invincible when you have more body strength and how women are discouraged from weights work (Shauna Diet Girl is quoted in the article too) well - it chimed in with a lot of what Jillian says - I love the line in Level 2 about how getting fit and strong carries through into other areas of your life - and teh lady weightlifters also mentioned how it reduced residual fear in the rest of their lives - which is also what Jillian says. Let's hear it for conquering fears and becoming lean strong women (unless you're a man - and yeah - you can totally do this if you're a man - it's certified by male friends of mine as being beyond them)

As a side note

If you ever want the fear, type plyometrics into youtube and watch the scary men jumping over boxes. It'll make Jillian seem like Rosemary Conley. Hilariously though those swingy switchy lunge things are called 'Mary Katherines' it's hilarious watching these butch hard as nails blokes with the caption 'Mary Katherines' as they work.

If you ever want the fear, type plyometrics into youtube and watch the scary men jumping over boxes. It'll make Jillian seem like Rosemary Conley. Hilariously though those swingy switchy lunge things are called 'Mary Katherines' it's hilarious watching these butch hard as nails blokes with the caption 'Mary Katherines' as they work.

Loving the Mary Katherines!! xx

Last edited:
DAY 20 SHREDDED - Level 2 completed on SS

I was well procrastinating on getting this done tonight. Turns out I am on a weak ebb...but I not only completed Level 2 of The Shred on fully consecutive days but I did a full set of Plank Jacks. I did, as Jillian so hilariously says Feel. Like. I. Was. Going. TO. DIE! But yes - all done, and I feel stronger and fitter and yes, I am starting to get the cut line down either side of my lateral obliques. Shame about the wobbly belly fat it now rather accentuates! It is my muscle frame around a fetching pillow of fat!

Alas, the procrastinating means that it is less than 12 hours before I have to do Level 3. But then, how much did I dread level 2? Lots - and look at me iwth my fancy plank jacks now!

(Less said about squat thrusts, the better, I hated them in school PE, I hate them now. *mumblemumble*)

Well done!!

I did not exercise today as I worked then visited a friend in hospital.

Motivation indeed!!

Age 44, morbidly obese, minor heart attack.

I'd we need motivation to stay on plan and exercise - visit a cardiac rehab ward. Xx

This sounds amazing. Well done Hannah.

I am going to order it now - do I need weights then, and a skipping rope? Please let me know what is needed and I will order it all.

Look forward to it
x

Just hand weight - depending on your fitness 1-3kg weights - start light and build up.

Good luck!! Xx

Day 4 Level 3 done - and link to pictures

Well it looks like I'm doing pretty well on the whole 30 day shred whilst SSing thing - my energy levels are through the roof and the inches are melting off me.

May I direct you towards my blog: Keep Off The Arse where my latest post will show you what I look like now that I am no longer obese (and also quite how red and sweaty Jillian Michaels is capable of making a girl). I was really rubbish with before photos this time round as I had so many chins and I looked bloody awful - I think I was in denial for all of the last winter! But now I have my jawline back...well - here we go!

But yeah - don't let anyone tell you you can't do something - 24 days ago I had my doubts about this Shred malarkey - but I've lost 3 inches off my waist in 3 weeks. That Michaels woman is incredible!

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

you know in Flash Gordon when they try to kill him the the gas chamber and his arms are all bulgy veins? That. It usually means you're dehydrated, but I've had 5 litres of fluid so far today...so...could I BE any more HYdrated?

But, I did it, in this heat. I didn't wanna, but I did. I am now melllllllting. Also, I did it all - one full set of MCs and one step touch set (just to make sure I had the juice to last the workout in this weather) just missed a few beats on the scissors and did all the pushup moves modified as I'll work on full ones outside of the DVD time as if I start a set doing them I lose momentum when I have to switch and miss half the set.

5 more Level 3s to go.

That picture of me yesterday post workout? Today multiply the sweat and the red by 4!

I finished the full 30 days today - totally on LLT equivalent (with the exception of the first few days which were on Step 2 of Cambridge which is like LLL with a few extra calories) so - in conclusion, if you're up for the challenge it is doable on a VLCD!

Back doing round 2 of The 30 Day Shred - with heavier hand weights and more advanced moves too!!

Time to re-focus so thought yesterday was a good day to start again - 1st July.

It's incredible how much my fitness has improved since I first did Level 1 Day 1. I can do it all - the advanced Natalie moves (apart from rather feeble push-ups) I've kept the hand weights in for the cardio sections as I got used to them on level 3 - and swapped in some of the more advanced abs moves.

I now have some of her other DVD's but like the Shred the best as its quick - 20 mins and targets the areas I want to work on. I shall be adding more core and abs work in on days that I have more time - but if I only have 20 mins I know I can get a great work out but keep challenging myself to increase my weights, range of movements and add in progressions.
:character00116::character00116:

Back