30 Day Toning Exercise Challenge - Honk if You Were 100% Today

I'm doing press ups on my knees as I suffer pains in my wrists snd as long as I take my time doing them and don't rush I've been fine. I tried rushing the other day and my wrists ached for 3 days after, but if I take each press up slow and about 2 seconds down, 2seconds up I'm fine.

I'm also doing sit ups but that's another story.

How many squats do you guys do each day before you feel it in your leg muscles? I'm upto 78 a day and up to now have not got muscle ache, so am I doing something wrong?

It's hurting now. I just finished 125. I read that if you had a wider stance it would impact the back of your thighs and bum more and narrower stance would affect your quads. I have found as my muscles get stronger and I can go down a little bit further it hurts much more. I am really feeling the burn now. I found the initial few days hard then it did get a bit easier then once it stepped up past 100 =agony.

My wrists are the puniest. I hope to be strong enough one day to do a down dog in yoga and it feel like the resting pose it is supposed to be. At the moment it just feels like bench pressing 100kgs.

I've invested in the runtastic aps as they build you up each day. They do a free trial one too if you fancy trying it. Maybe if you start low and work your way up like I have you'll find it gets easier on your wrists.

120 done tonight...in the shower,WTF???I've had a mental busy day and had half decided not to do them today but then guilt got the better of me so yet another day completed....

Did someone say wrists?How do you strengthen them because I definitely need it.My hatred of planks is ridiculous and it stems from fear of toppling over from the wrists and with the movements in Pilates it's impossible to do a plank on my forearm( wrist to elbow on the floor)-there's sliders and balls and all kinds of things being used at the same time....so I'd like to know is it possible to break a wrist doing a plank?

P.S.-if you girls need motivation to keep doing squats just stand in front of a full length mirror naked whilst doing them-it put the fear of God in me....not a pretty sight at all!!!!!

120 done tonight...in the shower,WTF???I've had a mental busy day and had half decided not to do them today but then guilt got the better of me so yet another day completed....

Did someone say wrists?How do you strengthen them because I definitely need it.My hatred of planks is ridiculous and it stems from fear of toppling over from the wrists and with the movements in Pilates it's impossible to do a plank on my forearm( wrist to elbow on the floor)-there's sliders and balls and all kinds of things being used at the same time....so I'd like to know is it possible to break a wrist doing a plank?

P.S.-if you girls need motivation to keep doing squats just stand in front of a full length mirror naked whilst doing them-it put the fear of God in me....not a pretty sight at all!!!!!

The guilt is immense isn't it? But it sure is easier to suffer through these than faffing to get ready to go to the gym & invariably talk myself out of it from pure laziness!

Did you really do them in the shower?? Well done though

Errr I have no desire to squat naked in front of a mirror...i'd have nightmares! lol xx

Yes.in the shower huffing and puffing to my heart's content?....now that's dedication isn't it?

And oh the mirror was shocking....all I could think was Oh my Sweet Lord why....?Get your a**e moving and lose this weight!!!!!

Yes.in the shower huffing and puffing to my heart's content?....now that's dedication isn't it?

And oh the mirror was shocking....all I could think was Oh my Sweet Lord why....?Get your a**e moving and lose this weight!!!!!

Haha I shouldn't laugh but it sounds bonkers you squatting up ad in the shower...loon!

I'm avoiding full length mirrors as it is....naked? NEVER! Lol xx

My bathroom mirrors are always angled carefully to avoid catching sight of myself.

I think the planks with forearms will be OK even if we do sound like a really weak wristed lot. I think the more we strengthen our core and other muscles, it will put less pressure on our wrists. I don't think we are risking snapping them. :fingerscrossed: Even just doing yoga once a week I find I can hold positions for longer without going onto my knees. Probably helps that there is nearly 50lbs less pressing down on my skinny wrists. But if people are really scared of planks I'll go with the flow.

(Not sure who kidnapped me and replaced me with someone qualified to give exercise advice!)

Oh yes,bonkers I am MrsFTB and Clinquant sometimes when I listen to myself doling out advice about diet and exercise I have to laugh...you'd swear I was an expert!!!

125 to go today .....

Can't seem to find my mojo today....argghhhh!

I think I may have done 170 by mistake. I'd marked 130 on my blackboard then forgot I did 20 while on the phone to my sister so did another 20. Felt OK today although my legs really hurt yesterday when I was shopping. My friend managed to find the stairs rather than the escalators every time and it was agony. Get on it MrsFTB you know you'll feel better after - motivational vibes coming your way.

Just want it to stop but some ridiculous thing in me keeps going. Had a cracking headache and thought I'd have to go to bed but it seems to have lifted so I'm back on them. Not sure I am up for any more after this. The thought of planking on Christmas Day isn't appealing at all.

Hmmmm, who suggested the planks? (coughs loudly) ;)

On a serious note, you should take care if your feeling poorly x

Back