30DS and C25K

Elemental

Chasing the Rainbow
I am thinking of doing these together to combine strength training with cardio, am i being stupid? Had to postpone the c25k for a couple of weeks due to illness but now I am ready to rock!!!

Do it!! Just be very careful with your knees! Running is hard on your knees and the warm up on 30 day shred is pretty bad. So I would make sure if your running 3 days a week say then you alternate your workout so .. mon thurs sund running wed/sat 30 day shred. That way you are giving yourself two rest days. You will find your strength training will really compliment your running days.

But as always if your body asks for rest, listen!

You will be very happy with it!!

I've been doing 30 DS 3 times a week for two weeks and I've definately noticed more toned arms, lots of weight off my shoulders gone, fat from the back of my legs reduced. It's well worth it! Good luck!

Eternal, i too am about to embark on exactly the same as you !!! 30DS with CT5K training. Will be great to have some one to follow it with :) When are you starting? Have you done either before??? I attempted 30ds last year but only got as far as day 4 i think, only cos of lack of time back then. However, running is a whole new game for me lol Cant run to save my life!!! So will be starting from scratch. Im lucky enough to have a treadmill so il be starting on there as im told its gentler on the joints than pounding the pavements. Cant wait to get started :) Sarah x

Eternal, i too am about to embark on exactly the same as you !!! 30DS with CT5K training. Will be great to have some one to follow it with :) When are you starting? Have you done either before??? I attempted 30ds last year but only got as far as day 4 i think, only cos of lack of time back then. However, running is a whole new game for me lol Cant run to save my life!!! So will be starting from scratch. Im lucky enough to have a treadmill so il be starting on there as im told its gentler on the joints than pounding the pavements. Cant wait to get started :) Sarah x

Awesome!! Add me :D Are you on MFP?

I have started the c25k before but it was a false start, i'm not much of a runner lol. And waiting for my 30DS to arrive from amazon.

Am start the c25k bright and early tomorrow morning (6am) and HOPING that my dvd will arrive for me to start that on tuesday, if not i shall just have to begin when it arrives and just focus on the running for now. I too am doing it on a treadmill at my gym. I always warm up on the x trainer first tho and i'm wondering whether to drop this as the c25k has a warm up incorporated?

If you're on MFP add me elemental8181, i go on there a little more often than here :D

Ah im not on mfp.....well i might be actually but cant remember lol il check and will add you if i am :)

Yeah i have the dvd but will need to hunt it down lol and intend to start my running tmrw if i can make a path to my treadmill....i have it in a log cabin in the garden and the cabin became a dumping ground over christmas :( The clearing a walk way will become my warm up i think lol But at latest, il be starting on wednesday as this is my day off work and my toddler is at nursery so il have time to clear the cabin and get started :) Ah this is gonna be great :) A 6 am start for you eh!!! Great way to start your day, ul prob have loads of energy after!! xx

Back