4 Years at goal!!

In that time, I've kept +4/-4lbs throughout the years

Now that's what I like to hear. Super well done KD.

Wow, congratulations, what an amazing achievement to lose that much weight, but then to keep at goal for 4 years as well!!!....Hope I can one day celebrate the same. xxxx

Hi Kd how often would you weigh yourself now

when you say +4 _4 do you mean you dont allow yourself to go either way over or below a 4 pound range?

Hi Kd how often would you weigh yourself now

when you say +4 _4 do you mean you dont allow yourself to go either way over or below a 4 pound range?

I weigh daily, but more out of interest rather than anything else, and besides the NWR reckon maintainers should :D

What the scales say have no bearing on what I eat that day though. the 4lb thing is mainly water variations.

The reason why I don't use the scales to dictate what I eat is because they are such a poor indicator of what is going on from a fat point of view.

If I did happen to eat too much one day, then I know I have. The scales on the other hand could show a loss. So does that mean I can overeat the next day too?

The scales could show a 2/3lb gain overnight...but it doesn't mean I've gained 2/3lb fat..most will be water.

But, if I've overeaten then I need to eat less to compensate. Not much less..just a little if I do it immediately. So, large dinner = small tea.

The most important thing for me was dealing with my food issues. The weight was a side effect of the problem, not the problem itself. If I put the emphasis on the scale reading, I could still maintain within the 4lbs either way, but could still have massive food issues.

[FONT=&quot]
Congratulations KD, You look amazing and should be so proud of yourself.
Well done!!

Congratulations and well done!!
You're a real inspiration!

Congratulations KD and thank you for all the times you've helped me.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ta muchly folks:)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
KD, what an inspirational story! I've just read your tips too and I think I will print them out and stick to the fridge for when I get into maintenance!

Thank you for sharing with us, knowing that it is possible to get to target and then maintain for years to come is definitely the motivation I need to shift my last few excess pounds... and keep them off!

x

All the best to you. When I tried to maintain before (at a much higher weight too), I always failed :eek: But then I guess I didn't really try. A part of me thought it couldn't be done...it wasn't in my physiological make up. Another part of me did the head in the sand and assumed I would without putting in any effort. D'oh to both

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
congrats, well done you xxxxxxxx

That's fandabidozey.
Well done KD.
You're an inspiration.
XXX

Well done KD, what a true inspiration to those on their weight loss journey xxxGaynorxx

Wow, congratulations, what an amazing achievement to lose that much weight, but then to keep at goal for 4 years as well!!!....Hope I can one day celebrate the same. xxxx
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
well done on the weight loss and maintaining.
hope i can get there one day.
xx
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
that is so inspirational to read. Well done

Absolutely wonderful inspiration for us all. Well done!

:thankyou:

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
thanks very much Kd
[/FONT]

No probs, though I know that thinking this way is hard to get the head around. I do believe it's the answer to long term success. A complete different mindset.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Just one AWESOME lady here!!!!!

Ta. Long time no speak Lacey. Hope all is well with you :)

[FONT=&quot]
KD, you are a real inspiration and a mentor to so many of us. Four years... fantastic achievement and shows us all that it is possible not just to maintain but to have a happy, normal life again. Big hugs and thanks for all the help along the way!

xxx

Ah, my little star....still eating the oatcakes I see :D BTW, I bought some of them the other day. I think I got the right thing. They're like a thick sort of pancake?? Ate one, froze the rest. Wasn't what I was expecting.
[/FONT]

Jim said:
Now that's what I like to hear. Super well done KD.

Ta Jim. About the +/- thing, you might be interested to read this, if you haven't seen it already

International Journal of Obesity - Abstract of article: The definition of weight maintenance

I had been looking for a definition of maintenance for ages, and was chuffed to find this. Not that it made any difference to what I was doing mind you, as my aim isn't to stay within those boundaries...just that I had, because of what I was doing.

Anyway..interesting article :)

LOL, I've just read that twice and I still can't get my head around it KD, but it is early :D

Thanks love.

LOL, I've just read that twice and I still can't get my head around it KD, but it is early :D

Thanks love.

LOL. Poor jim:D

It's something to do with researchers needing a definition of maintenance. After all, how can they research success/fails of maintainers if they aren't 100% of what defines maintenance.

They decided that a maintainer stays within 3% of their body weight (up or down). This is to allow for body fluctuations and scale errors, so water weight, rather than fat gain.

Taking all these factors into consideration, the authors recommend that long-term weight maintenance in adults be defined as a weight change of <3% of body weight.

My head hurts!

Congratulations KD!
Such an amazing achievement for such a lovely person! Well done :)
I'm sure you'll be at goal for another 4 years and then another ;)

Many thanks :)

Well done and Happy Anniversary to you!
I'm approaching a year at target in 2 days time and that's been hard enough so 4 years is an amazing achievement.
Congratulationsxx

Hey! Well done. Enjoy your first anniversary at goal!

Thought this might be a good place to put a sample days food.

Next message

This is what I ate yesterday. Pretty typical, though obviously varies from day to day :D

Breakfast: Porridge with tinned rhubarb, yoghurt and honey (about 30g porridge oats, desertspoon of greek yoghurt, teaspoon honey)

Lunch: Wrap with chicken strips, spinach, cottage cheese etc. 1 plum, 1 yoghurt

Dinner: 2 salmon fishcakes with sweet chilli sauce..yum. A few salad potatoes (think it was 6 halves. Lettuce, cucumber, celery, spring onions, cherry tomes, 2 tsps luxury coleslaw, 2 tsps full fat mayo.
Pudding: Hot X bun pudding. Sort of a bread and butter pudding made with hot x buns:D Served with Rum and Raisin icecream. Needed to use up some freezer stuff! Small portion. Small dish :D

Snacks. 15 almonds, which I always keep in my pocket and nibble whenever. 2 squares of dark choc. Some apple slices.

Drinks: teas, coffees, 1 glass water.

This is what I ate yesterday. Pretty typical, though obviously varies from day to day :D

Breakfast: Porridge with tinned rhubarb, yoghurt and honey (about 30g porridge oats, desertspoon of greek yoghurt, teaspoon honey)

Lunch: Wrap with chicken strips, spinach, cottage cheese etc. 1 plum, 1 yoghurt

Dinner: 2 salmon fishcakes with sweet chilli sauce..yum. A few salad potatoes (think it was 6 halves. Lettuce, cucumber, celery, spring onions, cherry tomes, 2 tsps luxury coleslaw, 2 tsps full fat mayo.
Pudding: Hot X bun pudding. Sort of a bread and butter pudding made with hot x buns:D Served with Rum and Raisin icecream. Needed to use up some freezer stuff! Small portion. Small dish :D

Snacks. 15 almonds, which I always keep in my pocket and nibble whenever. 2 squares of dark choc. Some apple slices.

Drinks: teas, coffees, 1 glass water.
Thats really interesting KD, I love seeing what healthy weight people eat. Intersting to read you tried to maintain at a higher weight before . People always say to me, (not now, but before when I lost nearly all of what I wanted to), that I should just really try and maintain it there as I look fine. But I felt I couldn't maintain it until I reached a weight I was happy with, I didn't want major skinny, but bmi around 23... and how, bmi 36.0 at the moment so that not an issue at the moment...:D...

You have done well, I don't know if I will ever get my head round all the infor you find, but hopefully when I come back from my holidays I will settle down to a healthy lifestyle with a gradual weight loss thrown in. I can't wait to start cooking healthy meals, I love cooking and without all the garbage I carried around before I started CD this time, I stand a better chance.
Any way better go honey, kids calling, jobs to be done....
How good are you with your grammer and spelling?

I ate yesterday

B: Left over pork loin steak with some fried onions.
L: Lamb stew at my local Cafe.
D: Meat loaf and loads of steamed green veggies. I have the choice of Pak Choi, choi Sum, conical cabbage, spinach, celery and aubergine.

I snacked on an apple and a couple of pepperonis.

Back