7 Day challenge- anyone in?

Hello all,

No post yesterday due to busy day but I'm still here on the sole source wagon!

Yesterdays intake was

choc porridge
choc orange bar (my current fave)
choc muffin
berry jelly
3.5 litres of water
5 black coffees

Mmm, choc for every meal AGAIN yesterday - I notice a pattern developing here!

Today - so far so good.
Weighed self again thismorning :whoopass: but happy to report it looks as though I've lost 6lb since Mon. Yippee! (BTW reason I say 'looked' as if I'd lost 6 is because my scales aren't terribly reliable - they have a dial rather than fancy digital ones and if I lean more on my right leg I can get it to move down a smidge!;) ).

So as the weekend beckons I'm feeling happy and positive. I like my weigh in day being a monday as it helps keep me on the straight and narrow over the weekend. Damned if I'm gonna blow 5 days of perfectness when I only have 2 days till I see the fruits of my labour! (although this seemed to slip my mind last weekend!)

Happy SS'ing to all!

Hello all,

No post yesterday due to busy day but I'm still here on the sole source wagon!

Yesterdays intake was

choc porridge
choc orange bar (my current fave)
choc muffin
berry jelly
3.5 litres of water
5 black coffees

Mmm, choc for every meal AGAIN yesterday - I notice a pattern developing here!

Today - so far so good.
Weighed self again thismorning :whoopass: but happy to report it looks as though I've lost 6lb since Mon. Yippee! (BTW reason I say 'looked' as if I'd lost 6 is because my scales aren't terribly reliable - they have a dial rather than fancy digital ones and if I lean more on my right leg I can get it to move down a smidge!;) ). <----- :D Mine do that too!!

So as the weekend beckons I'm feeling happy and positive. I like my weigh in day being a monday as it helps keep me on the straight and narrow over the weekend. Damned if I'm gonna blow 5 days of perfectness when I only have 2 days till I see the fruits of my labour! (although this seemed to slip my mind last weekend!)

Happy SS'ing to all!

Good luck.. weekends are so hard!!! (I'm a weekend wobbler)

Me again!

Wondered if IreneH tried the porridge yet? I saw tracie very kindly posted the recipe.

I just wanted to let you know that my first 4 or 5 attempts were VILE! but I urge you to perservere cuz it's lovely and very filling.

There are a few different recipes floating around so I thought would post 'my way' just incase it's any help.

I mix my shake as normal with 8 fl oz of almost boiling water (fave is choc, but also works well with toffee & walnut) I also pop a couple of splenda tabs in as I have a very sweet tooth!;)

I pour the shake into a cereal bowl and gradually sprinkle 2 tablespoons of husks over the top whilst stiring continually.

One other tip is to eat it quickly, cuz as tracie said, it's gets thicker as you are eating it and can go slimey - not that mine ever lasts that long!

I get my husks online from Healthspan. They usually take about 4 or 5 days to arrive. They were on offer for £3.45 for a huge tub when I got my last batch - don't know if they still are but it's worth a look as I know some places are charging £8 or £9.

Hope this helps xxx

Hi Roosters,

Glad I'm not the only one!

I think that's why I have never got round to getting new ones! Do you fiddle with the dial a bit too? It seems someone sneaks into my house while I'm sleeping and moves it up above the zero :rolleyes: !

I have to adjust it back down almost everytime time I get on them! :whistle:

Morning all,

Really glad you're all doing so wonderfully well - really well done :D

I didn't join your challenge because whenever I join one it always spells the death knell for me!

Anyway, just letting you know I am thinking of you all and wishing you success :D

xxx

Awww thanks Brightness :D:D
It's a shame you didn't join mabye next time, good luck to you too:):)

Hi Yo Yo glad your still i thought you'd gone AWOL ;)

I actually havn't tried the porrige yet only reason is i refuse to pay £11 for husks:eek::rolleyes:

Seems we are allowed all the flavours of those Boaters Coffees this diet costs me
enough as it is. Do you have the website where you got your husks from please, ohhh just thought i could google it :D:D

Hi Yo Yo glad your still with us i thought you'd gone AWOL ;)

I actually havn't tried the porrige yet only reason is i refuse to pay £11 for husks:eek::rolleyes:
Do you have the website where you got your husks from please, ohhh just thought i could google it

Seems we are allowed all the flavours of those Boaters Coffees.

Sorry about the double post guy's but i can't delete one mabye a mod will come along and do it :D the first post please as it's a bit screwed up.

Hiya tracie,

Husk link attached.

They have gone up to 6.95 again now :( but on the bright side it is free P&P. Glad I bought 5 in my last order now :) . I'd ordered some for my Mom and friend to try who were also CDing, and some for my CDC as she hadn't heard of them. But alas Mother and friend chucked the towel in and CDC was so put off by her first attempt at the porridge that she swore she'd be sick if she ever looked at husks again and gave them back to me!

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/shop/product.aspx?Id=C-PH

May be TMI but they have really helped me out in the toilet dept too!

Blimey - I see new career as husk salewoman of the year approaching! lol :D

Just made choc porridge for the first time. Not entirely a success but still edible. Guess practise makes perfect! I remember a few disasters with muffins early on!

I have a teaspoon of husks in my soup every day, just to slightly thicken it. I usually find less is more where husks are concerned!

Thanks for posting that link though, I bought mine in holland and barratt and it cost £11.95 :eek:.

Thanks for the Link YoYo it's still a lot cheaper than the chemists :)

Westiegirl is the Caramel Shake CD? just i've never heard of it before.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Link YoYo it's still a lot cheaper than the chemists :)

Westiegirl is the Caramel Shake CD? just i've never heard of it before.

No it's LL. I am doing LL but this week have been mixing in a few CD products with LL so that I could last the week and use them up. It's a bit like CD butterscotch. They are all pretty much the same, just different names!

Day 5 summary:

1 caramel shake
1 thai chilli soup
1 nut crunch bar
1 choc porridge
1 lemon bar :mad:
2 savoury drinks
4 litres water

Did cave to Mrs CB and ate the lemon bar. But spent all evening resisiting food and now feel suitably proud of myself!

Night night all, the weekend is going to be the real test for me :(.

Day 5 summary:

1 caramel shake
1 thai chilli soup
1 nut crunch bar
1 choc porridge
1 lemon bar :mad:
2 savoury drinks
4 litres water

Did cave to Mrs CB and ate the lemon bar. But spent all evening resisiting food and now feel suitably proud of myself!

Night night all, the weekend is going to be the real test for me :(.

well done for only having a bar! could have been a lot worse! that mrs CB is a right nasty cow and sneaks up when ya least expect it!! :mad:

good luck for the weekend!! xx

day 6

well cant beleive i have got this far day 6 and another pound bites the dust....:D :D :D
I love 790 CD:D :D :D :D :D :D

WOW Day 6 we all must be something right :D

Another pound off for me as well i lvrvvvv CD
:D:D:D

I'll update my stats 2tomorrow.

Hello All,

Yesterday was another successful day for me despite coming up against some tough demons! It felt as though everyone in the world was eating chips except me yesterday.

Everyone in the office had them at lunchtime, then when I got home DD asked if she could have some as neighbor was going to the chip shop, then OH came home with pie and chips! To top it all off I text my friend who is also doing cambridge and said I'm being tortured by chips and she replied "snap - only I've caved in and ate some!"

Glad I didn't, but it was hard - there really is no smell like them is there!:drool:

So another saintly intake yesterday....

Choc porridge
Cranberry bar
frozen choc tetra
orange jelly
3.5 litres water
5 black coffees

Today I am feeling a little sorry for self :sigh: had a nice lie in thismorning and when I got up and saw the sunshine I had overwhelming feeling to go sit in a beer garden have a nice meal and get drunk! I mentioned this to OH, who said lets do it then. He's always on hand to offer encouragement to cheat!

I think am going to treat self with an extra half a pack today. Will make some mint choc truffles with it.

So far I've had

choc porridge
choc bar
1 litre water (oops, better get glugging)
3 black coffees

Think will have banana mousse for tea and my truffles with a coffee as a snack later while watching that Grease show.

Well done to everyone for doing so well - not long now! :)

xxx

Back