7 weeks of Maintaining

Getslimquick

Been liberated by Exante!
Good morning Exanters. I have now completed seven weeks of maintenance and I go into Christmas a pound down! Brilliant. I have never felt better my life, I have survived all the Christmas do's and even eaten too much marzipan when doing my cake, but I am very careful. I do not intend to lose this fantastic feeling ever.

I have porridge for breakfast, with fresh fruit, lots of swimming, avoiding fat and no booze seems to be working. I eat fish, chicken, prawns, the occasional steak, no butter and lots of vegetables, home made vegetable soup and fresh bread. It's great and I don't feel deprived at all.

Sometimes I have a Tesco bar for lunch, especially if I am out and about - it fills me and I avoid all the high fat, concentrated calorie packed snacks.

I have just bought a black evening dress for New Years Eve - Planet size 10!!!! I feel fantastic, it feels so good.
It's been an incredible year - six stone lighter and ten times fitter with more energy. It's tough but the most worthwhile thing I have ever done - I should have done it years ago. I feel amazing.

GSQ

Last edited:
how fantastic gsq! Truly great achievement....really well done. Size 10 wow how fablous. Your post so encouraging....again!
have fantastic skinny festive break and keep posting in new year....look forward to your progress!

Congratulations!!

Fantastic achievment you are truly an inspiration. Well done and good luck for 2012.

Congratulations on great success, I love reading real life success stories it motivates me and shows me it can be done.

Wishing you a healthy and slim 2012!

Kate

yingyang said:
Congratulations on great success, I love reading real life success stories it motivates me and shows me it can be done.

Wishing you a healthy and slim 2012!

Kate

Thank you all and very good luck for 2012 and may all your dreams come true.

It can be done, it does work,it's not a fad diet, it's not unhealthy - being fat is unhealthy, being slim is great.

Good luck everyone

GSQ

Darcy15 said:
Would love to see some before and after photos! :D

I think I will see what I can do..... Perhaps it's time to be brave - GSQ

Getslimquick said:
I think I will see what I can do..... Perhaps it's time to be brave - GSQ

Yayyyy go on GSQ some motivation for those that are struggling ;)

Well done getslimquick!! You starting weight is the same as my starting weight & your goal weight is 10lbs more than mine so fingers crossed this coming year i'll be as you have been!

Petal01 said:
Well done getslimquick!! You starting weight is the same as my starting weight & your goal weight is 10lbs more than mine so fingers crossed this coming year i'll be as you have been!

Thank you, Petal

My original target was ten pounds less but once I reached this weight it seemed to feel all right. BMI charts take no account of age and I was just above normal. And I can best be described as "over the hill" - I am certainly not young! so this seems fine and I get so many clothes that fit like a dream. And I don't look scraggy any more. I might try to lose more in the spring but for now I will just try to maintain.

The last stone took ages and I felt I had stalled - my body was saying ' OK that's enough now' - so I decided to maintain.

Christmas was a bit of a struggle but for some reason three nights in a hotel at New Year was worse! Too many four course meals But now I am back on the wagon, porridge for breakfast, Exante soup for lunch and a low carb tea. I will weigh next Saturday. It feels like a couple of pounds up but not much more.

I seem to have learnt that I just don't need much food and exercise really helps. So I swim about five times a week - thirty minutes of fast crawl seems to help.

So good luck to you.

GSQ

Back