A Bloke's Diary

image.jpeg Morning folks, day 35. Strange start to the day; I have not cheated at all on this diet and I know I shouldn't be using my scales at home as they normally weigh a little bit lighter than the ones at the chemist however I jumped on this morning and they say I have PUT ON 0.6lbs!!! :eek:

Not happy but not gonna let it get to me as that can be shifted quite quickly; just intrigued how the feck that has happened when I've been so determined??

Anyway... it's Wednesday so here's this week's progress selfie:

Good luck everyone ;)

Hey that happened me one week, I was taking too much fibre and had some bowel issues. Hold in and know you are still burning fat and your pics speak for themselves you are looking great!

Aye; thanks Joanie's, will keep an eye on it. Seeing this through to the end no matter what and know there are gonna be bumps like this but was a proper shock.

Nearly launched the scales through the bathroom window! :D

Derry, dunno about your home scales, they can be tricky depending on floor surface etc. but 'mirrors dont lie' - just look at that selfie above compared with 4 weeks ago OMG!

Oh I recall that it totally p'd me off. They were nearly for the bin and getting new ones!

Derry ur progress is fantastic- so inspiring - it's exactly what I'm hoping happens to me - to shrink so noticeably is amazing - well done u deserve a round of applause :0clapper:

Thank you everyone! And as I always say, if I can do it anyone can.

All good today. Good mood and have added black coffee to my regime to give me something else to taste and break the monotony. Not normally a coffee drinker so am now absolutely wired :D

Good luck everyone ;)

Just curious, was the chemist weigh-in result more encouraging then your home one?
Also, how is the 7 min excersise thing going. Thinking of starting it at 7 days of 100% tfr.

If I started again I'd try and avoid home weigh in as I weigh a pound or so lighter on home scales compared to chemist scales.

I stopped doing the 7 min workout as my energy levels dropped quite low but will be picking it up again just to keep healthy. Earlier on Joanie gave some good advice re exercise and electrolytes etc so am just trying to make sure I balance everything out.

Weigh in day and I've dropped 1kg so now down to 93.1kg or officially 14st 9lbs.

Gonna be honest, bit disappointed with that but more pissed off they had no chocolate shakes so a week of strawberry to look forward to - bleeurgh!

Anyway, good luck everyone ;)

Hey, slow progress is better than no progress! Haha I only have the chocolate shakes too so I can relate! You'll manage I'm sure! Well done so far keep it up :)

Think I'm gonna give up with the old scales thing...

Weighed exactly the same on home scales as chemist scales yesterday - 14-9.

Weighed myself on same scales at home, same surface, same position again etc as I was so disappointed with yesterday's tally and this morning they say- 14-5!

Can't have lost 4lbs overnight???

I would'nt go so easy on your chemist. I'ts hard enough as it is and expensive enough, so the chemist should'nt be balancing his stock levels on your back. If my chemist has no Choc flavour, I'll drive 10 minutes to the next chemist who runs the program to get what I need - and I told him so! Strawberry is really vile. Had it once and couldnt finish the dose.

I only weiged myself once at home and regreted it as it was not what i wanted. So i've dcided to ditch the home scales and only weigh myself once a week in the pharmacy. End of the day, if i'm 1000% tfr it's gotta come off or I'll ask for a refund!

Hi Derry, I have just read through all of your diary and you are doing fantastic. Don't be disappointed with your weight loss this week, your lift photographs say it all, how well your doing. Inspirational :)

Thanks everyone!

Think this is Day 39 and still going well. My little boy's birthday yesterday - I say little, he was 16 and 6ft 2! Fortunately he wanted to go to Nandos - hate Nandos - so another 100% day.

Saturday will be harder. The breadknife's birthday and we're going to a fantastic vegetarian restaurant in Manchester. Neither of us are veggies but the food is just out of this world. Looking like it will be a night off for me but will not be boozing so hoping it won't all fall apart.

The saga of the scales continues - really must leave them alone :D - so dropped to 14-5, bounced up to 14-6 and this morning 14-4, lol! Looking forward to Saturday's official weigh in for the true figure. Wondering if the change up from Choc to strawberry has had an impact? Maybe I'm just overthinking!

Lift selfie day tomorrow so fingers x'd.

Good luck everyone ;)

image.jpeg Day 42.... Lift selfie day, so here we go....

Scales at home say 14-4 which brings me down from obese to the overweight category on the BMI chart. Good positive feeling and hope everyone else is ploughing ahead too!

Good luck ;)

I can really see the difference compared to last week!

Well done, you are my inspiration, so no letting up please! What's your height?
Just getting out of the Obese category, will make me cry tears of joy.
I've been in that club for over 10 years and been really bothered every single day. I am so health conscious mentally, so I cant forgive myself for punishing my body for so long.
Anyway it's your thread, so lets talk about you. If you can, try do a side by side picture of your first lift pic and your current one. That should be amazing.

You're too kind everyone. I'm 5ft 9 Mike so battling like mad being a bit of a shortarse! I'll see if I can do a side by side. Leave it with me.

Back