a brand new journey extra easy!

bobbles86

I'm new to slimming world and have decided the best thing for me to do is to keep a food diary so I can keep an eye on what I'm eating, but also so others (hopefully) may help me if they see I'm going wrong.

15/01/12 - sunday

B - nothing (lie in thankyou oh)
L - 4 baby new pots, chicken breast, peas, carrots, cauliflower, bisto best - very small amount, 2 syns prob less.
D - sweet chili pork - loads of super free veg in here, no carbs - free
snacks - 1 toffee mullerlight - free
1 special k double choc bar - 4 syns
hex a - skimmed milk - (not all allowance used) tea & coffee

Kate

16/01/12 - monday

I woke up this morning starving! So had a big breakfast to try and stop me snacking too much on the run up to lunch time.

B - toast (hexb), 2 scrambled eggs, baked beans (full tin :eek:), 1 slice of lean ham, pile of mushrooms (superfree) 1.5 tspns flora buttery 2.5 syns. 1 mug of coffee (s milk taken from hexa)

L- hmm this didn't go quite to plan, picked my son up from nursery at 11:45 made him a sandwich and fed baby then got him ready and took him for his first set of injections so no time for lunch... got back in at 3pm.

D - baked salmon, new pots, heaps of shredded cabbage and leek. fine cut beans, carrots. a few peas and sweetcorn.

snacks - 1 mullerlight, 1 special k bar 4.5 syns. 1 treatsize curly wurly 3.5 syns, cadbury fudge 6 syns

tea and coffee using milk from hea

no fruit today but lots of veg

14 syns used

Last edited:
Hi Just thought I would pop in for a nose at your diary :)

Just a couple of points:

1) No breakfast is naughty :) but so easy to do at the weekend haha!!
2) You don't seem to have had a HexB yesterday, make sure you try to get this in!

Your breakfast looks scrummy :)

Best of luck!! K x

Hi Just thought I would pop in for a nose at your diary :)

Just a couple of points:

1) No breakfast is naughty :) but so easy to do at the weekend haha!!
2) You don't seem to have had a HexB yesterday, make sure you try to get this in!

Your breakfast looks scrummy :)

Best of luck!! K x

thankyou so much for popping in Kirsty :D

yeah i'm still ironing out some kinks in the way I approach the ee plan. I've just had a new baby and have 2 other boys, one of which is autistic so any chance of a lie in I grab it lol :D

I think I will struggle with hexb as I only really like wholemeal bread for that option. Any other ideas?

kate xx

bobbles86 said:
thankyou so much for popping in Kirsty :D

yeah i'm still ironing out some kinks in the way I approach the ee plan. I've just had a new baby and have 2 other boys, one of which is autistic so any chance of a lie in I grab it lol :D

I think I will struggle with hexb as I only really like wholemeal bread for that option. Any other ideas?

kate xx

Do you like Alpen bars?! I'm loving the double choc and choc and fudge ones at the minute!! I've also found a quick and easy cheesecake receipe for them - so you get your HexB and get a sweet tooth fix :)

Just trying to think what else I have as my HexB........porridge, Alpen bars, cereal - any of these catch your fancy ;)

Wow sounds like you have your hands full at home - just think of all that body magic your doing chasing your kids round the house!! :) x

Do you like Alpen bars?! I'm loving the double choc and choc and fudge ones at the minute!! I've also found a quick and easy cheesecake receipe for them - so you get your HexB and get a sweet tooth fix :)

Just trying to think what else I have as my HexB........porridge, Alpen bars, cereal - any of these catch your fancy ;)

Wow sounds like you have your hands full at home - just think of all that body magic your doing chasing your kids round the house!! :) x

ooh yes alpen light, I've been and bought some today, I got double choc ones and the apple and something or other.. thanks very much for the tip

kate xx

17/01/12 - tuesday

B - nothing no time again - really must make more effort here :mad:

L - grilled lean bacon & sausages, tin chopped tomatoes, mushrooms fried in frylight and brown bread fried in frylight in the flavour from the mushrooms - delicious :D

D - Light sausages, rice, cabbage, fine cut beans, peas, sweetcorn

snack - 1 toffee mullerlight, 1 banana

hex a - skimmed milk used in tea and coffee throughout the day

hex b - 1.5 slices of wholemeal bread

syns - treatsize crunchie 4
funsize cadburys caramel - 4

total syns 8

18/01/12 - wednesday

B - Toast with 1 tspn flora buttery, tin of chopped tomatoes. 1.5 syns (yay got breakfast in today and feel so much better :D)

L - Tuna salad with lettuce, tomatoes, chopped peppers, cucumber, celery.

d - salmon, new pots, fine cut beans, cabbage.

snacks - 2 small funsize chocs totalling 8 syns

hex a - skimmed milk
hex b - brown bread

syns 1.5 butter
8 choc

total - 9.5 syns

Last edited:
Good luck! I see a similar thing to me. Plenty of veg but lacking in fruit lol

17/01/12 - tuesday

B - nothing no time again - really must make more effort here :mad:

L - grilled lean bacon & sausages, tin chopped tomatoes, mushrooms fried in frylight and brown bread fried in frylight in the flavour from the mushrooms - delicious :D

D - Light sausages, rice, cabbage, fine cut beans, peas, sweetcorn

snack - 1 toffee mullerlight, 1 banana

hex a - skimmed milk used in tea and coffee throughout the day

hex b - 1.5 slices of wholemeal bread

syns - treatsize crunchie 4
funsize cadburys caramel - 4

total syns 8

Hey Bobbles

I hope you don't mind me popping in:D
Welcome to slimming world....it's fab.
Just a couple of points, i'm not a EE person so may not be 100% on this but. I think when you snack, then superfree should be your first option, so mullerlights aren't superfree just free if that makes sense. Lets be honest, the odd one aint gonna kill you :)
Also sausages will normally have a syn value, even if they are extra lean. Joe's sausages (link on boards) are free but many others aren't.
Other than those little points, you are doing a great job....well balanced lunches & dinners....just got to get the breakfast sorted and you will have nailed it!

Keep at it x

Hey Bobbles

I hope you don't mind me popping in:D
Welcome to slimming world....it's fab.
Just a couple of points, i'm not a EE person so may not be 100% on this but. I think when you snack, then superfree should be your first option, so mullerlights aren't superfree just free if that makes sense. Lets be honest, the odd one aint gonna kill you :)
Also sausages will normally have a syn value, even if they are extra lean. Joe's sausages (link on boards) are free but many others aren't.
Other than those little points, you are doing a great job....well balanced lunches & dinners....just got to get the breakfast sorted and you will have nailed it!

Keep at it x

hi thankyou very much for your advice it's always appreciated :D

I had it in my head the sausages were free :mad: however have since found out they are only 1 syn each so not bad really as only usually have 2.. sometimes 3.

snacks should be superfree first but I have that much superfree with my meals that often I just can't manage anymore :mad: but I've lost 7lbs so I must be doing something right :eek:

kate x

I had it in my head the sausages were free :mad: however have since found out they are only 1 syn each so not bad really as only usually have 2.. sometimes 3.

snacks should be superfree first but I have that much superfree with my meals that often I just can't manage anymore :mad: but I've lost 7lbs so I must be doing something right :eek:

kate x

I agree with the superfree....I do Green & Red, but I still try to snack on Superfree.....thing is there is only so much fruit & veg you can eat :)

Wow 7lb!!! well done you, fab result

19/01/12 - Thursday

B - 2 alpen double choc (hex b) & an apple

L - 3 egg omelette with ham and mushrooms, side salad.

snacks - treatsize crunchie 4 syns

bobbles86 said:

kate x

I'm with you on the super free - sometimes there is just too much super free you can have in one day! :) I like mullerlights as a snack too (that or choc or wine tee hee)

7lbs - woo woo go you hun :) xx

off the rails on friday :mad: It was my partners birthday and I took him out for a birthday meal. I had a goats cheese starter in a little pastry dish... followed by steak, chips, onion rings mayo etc. and then a huge slice of choc fudge cake with cream that I couldn't even finish.... I knew I was flexi syning this but omg kate come on what were you thinking... so mad with myself:cry::break_diet:

got straight back on it on saturday and the rest of the weekend was on track 100%

weighed myself today and have lost a further 2lbs... :confused: :D how have I done this???

kate xx

23/01/12 - Monday

B - porridge & banana followed by a bowl of chopped tomatoes (peppered)

L - jacket potato 2 tspns flora buttery. (3 syns) tuna, lighter than light mayo (2syns) salad

D - beef stirfry with peppers, mushrooms, onions, sweetcorn, shredded cabbage etc.

snacks - mullerlight, funsize milkyway (3.5 syns)

hex a - porridge hex b - allowance skimmed milk

syns total - 8.5

24/01/12 - tuesday

B - Banana

L - tuna salad - lots of superfree here.

D - fresh fish, new pots, cabbage, cauliflower, peas.

snacks - 2 funsize milkyways (7 syns)

hex a - skimmed milk allowance
hex b - 2 alpen light bars

syn total - 7 syns

25/01/12 - wednesday

B - porridge with skimmed milk (healthy extra a & b) banana & honey. ( 1-2 syns for the honey???)

L - scrambled eggs (2) grilled bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans

D - beef stirfry - lots of superfree veg.

snacks - fat free yoghurt with honey (1 to 2 syns for the honey???)

2 birdseye chicken dippers (3 syns)

1 dairymilk little bar - 5 syns

1 funsize milkyway - 3.5 syns

Hex a - skimmed milk allowance

Hex b - porridge

Syns Total - 15 :eek:

26/01/12 - thursday

B - 2 alpen light bars (hex b), fat free yoghurt, 1 tspn honey (1 syn)

L - prawn salad, lighter than light mayo (.5 syns)

snacks - cadburys fudge 5.5 syns)

D - beef stirfry lots of veg

snacks - mullerlight yog, banana

hexa - skimmed milk allowance

hexb - 2 alpen light bars

syns total - 7

Last edited:
27/01/12 - friday

B - porridge (hexa&b)

L - tuna salad - 1 tbsp lighter than light mayo .5 syn

D - baked salmon with prawn stirfry... lots of veg.

hex a - skimmed milk allowance
hex b - porridge

snacks - muller light

cadbury animal bar - 5.5 syns
funsize milkyway - 3,5 syns

total syns - 9.5

Back