A Journey of 5 stone or more ?

Hi Ali , I love porridge, I even used it when I was off the diet. I started in October but birthday celebrations sent me off track so restarted jan. I'm not keen on the carbonara but as I don't have soups then its nice for a change. I'm a shake girl! Hot or cold. The peach drink mix is nice too. Drink wise it's peppermint tea or warm drink mix and a lot of black coffee. I'm happy with water, sparkling if I'm out. I don't get much exercise so my weight goes much slower than some but I'm not far behind you :) , we've a similar way to go. I was thrilled to buy a new pair of work trousers in debenhams in a size 22! Can't wait to be in the 18's , clothes and weight wise. How are you feeling ?

oh, I love orange bars too and I found coke zero made me REALLY hungry so I avoid it.

Morning all, how's it going ? I'm just a few lbs away from my next stone bracket. Clothes are definitely looser. It'll be summer and we'll all be slinky before you know it!

Struggled with temptation this morning so I tried on my 'get into ' trousers and they went up! Now for the button :)
also did my nails, first time I've ever had nails to paint ! They used to look chipped and break easily before this diet and all the attention they now get. Have a great day everyone, I'm off to get a peppermint tea. .

I've got the exante diet tracker on my phone and look at the graph of my weight going down when I get tempted by something.

My nails are in a terrible state, really need to give them a bit of tlc! Xx

Find all those lotions and potions you have in half used jars around the place and lavish some attention on your hands. Stops you wanting to pick and you end up with lovely nails! Bonus. I forgot to update my tracker, I downloaded it last night, thanks for the reminder. Have a great day all!

I like the graph on the tracker too - I can see how far I've come and how far left to go. Somehow more of a motivator! X

Hello guys. Sorry havent really been on here lately. Hope everyone is good and had a lovely weekend :) x

oooh I love the Exante App. Its a great way to keep track of weigh loss and its a good motivational tool. Im on Day 12 and feeling good. only 2.5 months to go haha :) x

I have just put the run keeper app on my phone as I am intending to do some walking to keep the loss going (and to start training 'ahem') looks good as I'll be able to track how far I'm going and how fast and what I'm burning. I'm going to start small and build up rather than my usual gung ho approach of suddenly deciding to walk 5 miles and wondering why my hips ache for days.......
Hope you all have a good Monday X

Wow Diva, good for you training for your walk, you sound very sensible and focused, let us know how you're progressing.
Hi Laura, smashing loss so far, have you got a goal in mind for when you reach 'goal' ?

have a great day all. X

Hello Angel72. Hope you are having a good Monday :). I turn 25 in May so would like to reach my goal of 10 stone by then. Maybe even 9.5 stone but if I look and feel great at 10 stone then I will stop there. I literally only have 3 shakes a day and water, im going to continue this for the first month (almost half way there so doing good) and then get a bumper pack of bars, soups and shakes just to mix it up a little bit :)

Hows your diet journey going? :)
LL x

Hi All, I am coming back to VLCD. As my signature says I did really well in the past (on Lipotrim) and sadly put it all back on due the stresses I was under - a lot of that has eased but I am now at a point when I really really have to get myself under control and get slimmer. For me to be in the healthy range I will have to lose probably around 10-12 stone but I will be happy with about half of that for starters. If I could get back to what I was when I stopped last time then I will be very happy - it was still effectively approx 5-6 overweight but a darn sight better than I am now. I am starting later this week and am very excited to know that I will be able to wear all those smaller clothes and shoes again. I know that the first week is the hardest but also the best for weight loss, but once that is out of the way it should be a breeze. I will learn from it this time and make sure that I keep it off this time. This site was amazing support before and I know it will be again :) Here's to slimmer healthier bodies in the very near future. Good luck alll xxx

hi new to the group and has over 5 stone to lose but working on the 1st 50lbs first then the next ... i have dear friend who i hope will be visiting me in may so i would like it to be a nice surpise when they see me again as they just left me over 2 weeks ago.

i have done my first week and did pretty well but i know it wont always be easy i will be tempted but i hope with others here i can find the surport and give others the surport too. i suffer with agoraphobia and find hard being with people so its not easy, i have lost a lot of confidance but slowly re building but it takes time.

i dont exersize very well i have a treadmill i dusted down and restarted but with the pain in my feet and joints am slowly building up from no walking to min of 20-30 mins starting at 2 and reaching 4 and then back to 2 pacing myself. how do others manage with the exersizing thats have a lot to loose i hope you dont mind me asking on this thread.

pup

Finally gave in and weighed myself and I've lost 9lbs in 3 weeks. Very pleased since I've had two social trips away where I drank and ate what I wanted.
I love that I don't dread going back on exante after a few days off. I'm happy to go back to the food as I enjoy most of the options. I went back on it this morning and with no more social commitments until 9th Feb and then the 11th March I'm looking forward to significant weight loss.

Hope everyone is doing well on our journey!

xxx

Hi 11stonetarget, dontwanttobesocurvygirl, and pup and welcome! I wish you strength and luck on your journeys, whether new or restarting, we are all in the same boat!:welcome2:
DWTBSCG - you've been here before and you did well so go girl and you'll be back in those clothes again soon - positive vibes to you :vibes:
Pup - little steps first - you'll build up to a good rate of cardio work that won't stress you too much - I am doing little exercise at the mo but beginning to work out my plan and need to do the same, little steps to start with! Good luck :)
11St T - Brilliant loss with 2 outings! :happy036: and I know what you mean - I like my exante selection and am more than happy on it - I like the fact I don't have to think about food unless I plan to do so!

Laura - I do like your signature!

Had a song in my head this morning that seemed quite apt - Nina Simone....
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

Happy day all XXX

Hello Angel72. Hope you are having a good Monday :). I turn 25 in May so would like to reach my goal of 10 stone by then. Maybe even 9.5 stone but if I look and feel great at 10 stone then I will stop there. I literally only have 3 shakes a day and water, im going to continue this for the first month (almost half way there so doing good) and then get a bumper pack of bars, soups and shakes just to mix it up a little bit :)

Hows your diet journey going? :)
LL x

Hi Laura, well done on your super loss so far, 3 shakes and water are def working well for you. Have you tried the bars? Orange is my fav and the porridge is creamy. The carbonara has explosive tendencies but is nice for a change :) Just think how amazing you'll feel on your birthday, are you out with friends? Not far to go now. Good luck.

Welcome everyone. :)

Hi Jools, I'm also a restarter with similar story after piling on the weight again since 2010. We can do it again! I didn't have the forum last time and I prefer Exante to LL so it's full steam ahead. Look forward to hearing about your successes. 4 days in and you'll be fine, you know the drill, good luck !

Hi pup, welcome! You can ask about anything at all on here, in fact quite often there's a lot of burbling about nothing in particular (usually from me :)) well done on losing so far. As Diva says, small steps and you'll get where you want to be. Walking of any kind is good just build up slowly. We are all here if you need a rant, sulk, advice or a smile. Keep going chick, time will pass anyway so if you stick to the diet it'll make every day count. I don't exercise except the occasional cycling in good weather (so not often). I really should do something though.

11STT - well done on such a loss especially with social things. Brill willpower, shows how focused you are. I'm looking forward to hearing your progress. I love Exante because its so uncomplicated, no pills and potions and you don't have to eat food if you don't want to. Have you any mini goals in mind or treats for getting into the next stone bracket?

Diva I LOVE that song. How apt for us all

Hi Angel I will try the bars in my 2nd month when I buy the bumper pack :). Well im on healthy mode till May so wont be drinking till then even if I finish my diet before then so will be an awesome night out with friends and my new fella. 2012 was not the greatest year for me so im making sure 2013 is going to be awesome :).

Good luck with your diet journey keep us posted. This site is awesome for motivation. Not sure I would be able to do it without all these lovely people :) xx

Back