A Journey of 5 stone or more ?

Angel72, I try adding a bit more water to the Carbonara (nearer 200ml) then I have to put it in quite a large measuring jug, as it boils up pretty high. Then I micro for 1min, stir, 30 secs, stir, 30secs stir and it comes out pretty good. I really like it for a change from soup :D

I ideally want to lose another 7 stone (I started at 23st 6.5lbs, so in total 10 stone takes me to a healthy BMI, so I'm getting there, but still have a long way to go). So I'm just trying to take it a half stone at a time...

I've just had my carbonara but made it in a pan - what a difference! Perfect result! Not great for on the go, but felt like I was making a proper supper rather than just opening a packet and nuking it in the microwave xx

Hi All,

1st day back on after my 4 day break and enjoying being back in control.

Diva - thanks for the support! Like you I love not having to think about food. It stops me feeling deprived and I know that as long as I drink lots of fluids I wont feel hungry. You have done so well on your weight loss journey! Such thinspiration to keep on going. I think that song is going to be my wake up alarm so I start the day on a positive note.

Pup - I'm a recovering agoraphobic. I'll always have the tendencies but I have managed to get to the stage where I force myself out each day. I was pretty much locked away for 2 years with a few 'safe' places but a few years on I'm now in a good state of mind. New places are still difficult, especially in a social setting. I'm sure that the confidence you gain from weight loss will help.

Welshie_Laura - Well done on doing so well! You'll be looking fab on your birthday!

Angel72 - thanks for the encouragement. You have been doing so well! I think I am going to have a think about weight loss treats. Food used to be my reward! I'm not going to buy clothes as treats as I plan to be flying down the sizes and I have an extensive wardrobe of smaller clothes to fit into! I think beauty treatments may be a good way of rewarding myself. Once I get under 17 I'll treat myself and then I'll do a treat a stone. What do you do to reward yourself?

I've started to make the porridge cookies. Has anyone else made these? Any suggestions on what to add to change the flavour?

Slimandhealthythoughts!

xxxx

Thanks Diva and good luck to all newbies and restarters. I am quite excited about doing this again and cannot wait to get slimmer. I think that this site is brilliant for all the support and inspiration we can give each other. We can do this, we can achieve our goals etc. I know it will be hard but it is so worth it in the end. I am glad that Exante have new products which will be brilliant for me to try. All I need to do know is remember all the tips and tricks etc but I am sure that they will come back lol. Good luck all xx

Hi everyone, just found this thread & would like to join you all. I lost 3 stone last year over a very short period of time but it has all crept back on again. This time I am giving myself plenty of time to reach my goal as usually I leave it till the last possible moment & then panic as there is no way I am able to get to the weight I want to reach. I am mixing T/S & W/S depending on how I feel in the evening in the hope it will keep me on track. Just fed up now of never quite reaching my goal. I am determined that by September I will have lost 5 stone & that when I am on holiday I will be wearing clothes that I like rather than clothes I bought just because they hid my hips!! Have not measured myself in quite a few years as I am scared to see what my measurements actually are but have decided that tomorrow I will write them down on a graph & use them as a motivational tool. Hope everyone has a good week & look forward to sharing some good results with you all xx

Hi Susie! Welcome to the thread. Well done for getting back into it. There's lots of us in for a while but with the support here we can all make it. Where's your holiday?

Thanks Angel72. Going to Portugal so it will be more of a beach holiday this time. Was disappointed with myself last year as I went to see my sister in Australia & so wanted to lose the weight to surprise her but It didn't happen. Any way its a new year so must focus on the present. Hunted out the measuring tape & was a bit shocked but I suppose having the bare facts staring me in the face is a good thing. Now I can tackle it head on. Porridge this morning which I love & off to take the dog for a walk. I will burn of even more calories while I am trying to get her in the bath afterwards cos she will be covered in mud. How is your week going?

Portugal sounds lovely. I put my measurements on my diary so I can look back at progress. I sometimes lose inches but not weight. Well done for biting the bullet and taking yours. You would regret it if you hadn't. Did you take a front and side pic? Enjoy seeing the lbs drop away. :) good luck.

Hi all, ED posted a similar pic on another page and I was gob smacked. Here's something to consider when you have what you think is a small loss! Onwards and downwards !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 35
Me too! I've put it on my phone to help keep me focused, hope all is going well.

This is the only place where I can share my excitement that I now have less than 100 lbs to lose!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Slim folk just don't get it!

Thanks for all the inspiring folk on here that keep me motivated. Sometimes when struggling just having a read keeps my spirits up.

xx

Yay!!!! Well done 11ST!! :talk017:

This is the only place where I can share my excitement that I now have less than 100 lbs to lose!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Slim folk just don't get it!

Thanks for all the inspiring folk on here that keep me motivated. Sometimes when struggling just having a read keeps my spirits up.

xx

I totally agree with you. This is a fabulous site with some wonderful people. :)
Mere x

Well, I'm back on track this week and I've joined a gym! The scales stuck at the same weight for a few days (to make me realise why I should not lapse) but they dropped 2lbs this morning!! Yay.

11ST that's soooo fantastic well done! :party0011: As you can see its my goal too and I can't wait!
Le5ley, 2lb is a lot, just remember that pic of what it looks like. Uuugh. Another gym bunny hey, good for u.
Hi Mere, how ya doin?

Congrats 11StoneTarget! So fantastic!! :happy036:

And so happy for you Le5ley, always such a happy feeling to see the scale moving again after a little plateau! :D And enjoy the gym, I like the cross trainer best!

Thanks everyone!

Well done Lesley!

Going to start back at swimming next week as the ketosis has really boosted my energy levels.

XX

so much encourgment here i love reading what others write, i am doing alright still but having a bad period and couldn't do the treadmill for a few days which really got me down as i know it does help but today i managed to do another 30 mins and used up over a 100 cals (am more like a tortist on it the highest pace i manage but not for long is 4 ... but i hope when i lost more i can encrease it. i am doing TS and in to my second week i do struggle but i struggle with food and then without it so i my knitting needles are clicking a lot, i did order some water flaverings today just for a change of water, i tend to drink water with squash. from what i been reading everyone seems to be doing well and thats the main thing isn't it. have a great day all da pup.

Well done Lesley.:)
Mere x

Back