Abbies Diary - Now Mummy To Gorgeous Baby Ethan

do you have a doppler then PH? i keep thinking about it but worry i would become obsessed with listening in!!

The other night I was in the shower and out of nowhere, felt this really sharp pain in my uterus and it had me doubled over. It was just the one sharp pain but then all of a sudden I started feeling dizzy and faint. We have a wet room with just a shower and lucky there was a chair in the shower I was able to get onto, but my god.
I let that pass for a couple of moments and opened the door and called out to my fella. He came and I said "I don't feel well" and was edging over to the toilet unsure if I wanted to kneel in front of it or sit on it as I was feeling sick by this point.
It felt like my hearing was going and everything was going slightly dark whilst I struggled to remain conscious and upright on the loo. Could hardly speak due to breathing so fast. I was really frightened.

I was luckily OK, just wondering what the hell that pain was. I'd been eating kebab shop chillies, although only had 4 that day, but I doubt that was it. Someone else has said the baby may have turned 360 degrees. I don't know. Even though I'm OK now, I can't help wondering why the hell it happened in the first place.

One thing that pisses me off is my partner was very unsympathetic about the whole thing at the time but I think men sometimes don't know how to show a bit of sympathy in situations like that, I got shouted at because I was unable to string a proper sentence together whilst I felt horrible. And he said "Well, I don't need to ask if you're OK, cos you're online chatting to your mates." Well thanks love, it'd be sodding nice if you could ask, even if it you don't want to ffs!!

Anyway, things are alright and I think....although not sure, that I've been feeling the baby move. Little popping bubbling sensations that come here and there. Not felt anything today so baby might be edged backwards but I'm pretty certain it;s the baby. Oh wait...as I just typed that I haven;t felt anything, I just felt something. It's in different places when it happens so could it be??

Going to be buying a doppler on Monday from Ebay and I've got the midwife on Friday so hopefully will hear the heartbeat again. :D

Abz, things are going a bit better for me now lovely, so hopefully things continue that way. :D How about you? xxx

Lauren, no other news apart from what I've posted above lol, your wedding pics look stunning hunni! You positively glowing. :D

PH, I'm missing my Chilli's, I've had a break from them for a couple of days but I'm dying for them again now hehe.

Is everyone well then? xxx

Sorry about hte pain and dizziness - watch the dizziness as can be Blood pressure related.. i've had issues with it all the way through.

I haven't bought a doppler - or hired one - as the same reason of becoming obsessed scared me! lol or not finding the heartbeat and fearing the worst.
Best comfort is when you can feel them and that won't be long now. :)

hey babes. that sounds like one hell of an ordeal!! i'm glad you've recovered from it though :) let me know how the doppler goes. i'm still resisting, but it's hard, ha. i just want to feel my baby move!!

oh. just realised. i'm 15 weeks today :D

Soon enough you will be getting woken up all night by a raving baby, so make the most of the quiet times hahah

I was moaning last night to OH before he left a midnight for the army cos couldnt sleep due to a mexican wave going on in my belly no matter what side i slept on baby wasnt happy and kicked the mattress to tell me so!

It is wonderful, but im not going to fib sometimes its a painin the bum hehe

Wouldnt waste your money on a doppler hun, ur at the stage now when all of a sudden u get little what i thought felt like muscle spasms... like when yourleg twitches or something, thats what my baby felt like, no bubbles but i put that down to being on the chubbier side!

So just wait and you will be pleasantly rewarded at 3am mor than likely if your baby is like mine haha

xxxx

Aww lauren - I SO know the kick of the mattress feel! lol my bump still does it now! lol She used to lay sideways kicking the mattress and then punch my other side.. not nice after a while! lol
and yes sometimes it's a pain in the bum... but in a nice 'doesn't last long' way. :) Even at 3am when I've given up and got up for a few hours I try and remember that :)

PH i get it top and bottom too haha feels like LO is doing stair jumps in there!!

lol at waking Alan up Kirst, i cant wait for baby to kick peter out of bed hahah

xxx

16 weeks is tarted to feel my first wriggles hun... but they were the "muscle spasms" i talked about... still fab to know theres something growing in there!!

For a while i couldnt decide if it was actually baby i could feel lol no mistaking it now!

wont be long, you cant rush perfection!

xxx

Well...I have to confess, I actually bought a doppler but I've been rewarded for it. Used it and managed to hear the babys heartbeat and it's such a magical sound. I love hearing it. The baby moved though which was very apparent but it was great. I've definitely had some bubbly fluttery spasm's if that makes sense. It's like a combination. But I've definitely felt the baby move.
Starting to find it really difficult to get comfortable at night when going to sleep because my back starts hurting. Anyone got any tips on how to relieve this?
All in all, things are OK. We've had to move our car to the OH's friends house in Essex because not even 2 months after having our window smashed in, the car got vandalised and both the driver side tyres got slashed. So until we can either get moved or sort out off road parking and build a gate of some sort, we can't have the car round here. We can't afford to pay for the damage someone else has cruelly inflicted on it for no reason. It's a common occurrence on this street apparently. There are other people who've had their cars vandalised, which ranges from windows getting smashed in, tyres slashed to having the doors bent back and keys being scratched down the side.
Going to be getting in touch with our community police service and going to get in touch with the other neighbours and see if we can get some kind of security around here as it's just not on. We now have to miss out on being able to get around easily because people can't leave what's not their's alone.
Off to the Job Centre today as I've got to go on a course for 8 weeks. Really pointless as I won't be able to get a job from it, I only have 13 more weeks of being able to be temporarily employed and to be honest, it's not going to happen. No one will take me on. But whatever, I suppose if I'm out, I'm keeping busy (kind of) and just doing something relatively constructive.

Keep trying at the job centre - and speak to them about maternity 'allowance' if you don't qualify for Statutory mat pay. As it has different rules. :)
Courses keep your mind busy and look great on a CV so don't knock 'em! lol I'm doing a one evening a week course (pre-access) just till I can start my course next year. :D

Glad the doppler worked for you! I don't blame you for buying one, if I'd had the cash I'd have had one too! lol

Keep trying at the job centre - and speak to them about maternity 'allowance' if you don't qualify for Statutory mat pay. As it has different rules. :)
Courses keep your mind busy and look great on a CV so don't knock 'em! lol I'm doing a one evening a week course (pre-access) just till I can start my course next year. :D

Glad the doppler worked for you! I don't blame you for buying one, if I'd had the cash I'd have had one too! lol

The only thing is, it isn't a course as such, we don't learn anything otherwise I'd be well up for it. It's intensive job searching basically and theres not a whole lot of Temporary work going on and it's proving really difficult, so feeling rather deflated about it.

The doppler I got wasn't too expensive, only £19.99 plus £3.99 P&P, it was Angel sounds one and I got it off Ebay and it's really good. It's cheaper and works just as well as those that the midwife has and cost about £50-100, so it wasn't too bad at all. :D:D

I saw one of those but wasn't sure what they were like. ((Hugs)).
Shame it's just job hunting and not a real course, is there anything at your college or local education centres etc for February time? Some courses start then as well as in September. At least it would stop them nagging you, though having a baby they must allow you maternity leave mustn't they?

Remember to ask about Maternity allowance in case you qualify.
There is a HIPs grant (health in pregnancy) and also one for £500 if you are on income support or certain other benefits - check out the pregnancy sections of the government website. I'll dig out the URL if you need me to.

Make sure you get what you are entitled too. ((Hugs))

hey hon. sorry to hear about your car. that's so crappy. i hope you can get something sorted.

woo on the doppler. i'm really thinking about it so OH can get involved as he doesn't get to hear it at the midwives. i am back there on friday and as long as everything is hunky dory i may invest... i'm just worried that i'll get obsessive with it!! ha.

the current problem with the Hips grant is that it's supposed to be so people can afford to eat more healthily etc in their third trimester. you can't apply for it until you're about 25 weeks i think, and it's currently taking up to 8 weeks to process at the mo in some areas. so what good is it doing people who need it for the purpose it is there for? as they'll be nigh on having their baby by the time it comes through. it's so silly. ha. not that i'll be saying no to it of course :)

abz xx

I've been OK so far with the doppler, I use it once a day for a minute or two. I just locate the heartbeat, listen for a few seconds and then I switch it off. I called up the advice line thats in my notes folder to double check that I'm OK to use it that way as I don't want to cause any harm to bubs and the lady on the phone said it's perfectly fine. It's not the same as an ultrasound.
Also I think if it was dangerous, when I saw my midwife on friday gone, she'd have highlighted the dangers.
She did point out though that it's not to be used for diagnostic purposes, that it doesn't pinpoint there being problems, the only way to tell is by the babys movements, but because I'm not at that stage where I'm feeling the baby properly, I'm just using the doppler for a minute a day and I think I'll stop using altogether and just go by the movements as she said. It is nice to hear the heartbeat going strong and it's fun finding it because the baby does move around so it's nice to know which side of me it's on. I put my hand on my tummy after for a little while once I know as it makes me feel a little closer to it.
She also said on the phone when I phoned up that it's up to me if I want to use it daily, but she said if theres a time I can't hear heartbeat, not to panic, that baby moves around and can sometimes get in a position where the doppler can't pick it up.
Apparently there are two Healthy Start thingys that pregnant women can have, when I asked for the fruit and veg and milk voucher one, at first my midwife wasn't sure what I was going on about and thought I meant the one you get at 25 weeks. What is the one you get at 25 weeks then???

Huh! Confusing.

I'll post a link seperately to the health in pregnancy grant - i think this may be the 25 week one your mw mentioned.

Oh God, I don't know if this is when my TOTM would be due, but I've just been feeling like pure crap for the past few days. Oversensitive at every little thing.
I'm surprised none of my friends both in real life and on facebook haven't disowned me.
I've had a falling out with a few people who have really really upset me as there was one comment that I took great offence at.
I got told I talk too much about being pregnant. Well I'm sorry, but for me being pregnant was something I never thought would be possible for me. I thought due to my PCOS, I wouldn't be able to get pregnant. I watched as all my friends around me got pregnant, started families of their own and wished it could be me and now it is, I'm damn well happy about it.
I have listened to my other friends who have been majorly excited about an event in their lives, whether it be getting married, graduating after many years of studying at Uni, or even having babies themselves and I've always shown my support. Even if I've had nothing to say, I've always read or listened to what's going on because it's something that is making them happy.
The saying "Life is Unpredictable" is oh so true and who knows if I'll ever have another baby after this one and I feel I am rightly entitled to enjoy my pregnancy and talk about it as much as I want because it's new and it's exciting. People always have that option of not listening but instead some people choose to be cruel.
One thing I was probably read too much into yesterday, but I think it's my own fault, I asked a question when I was tired and should have known I'd get stupid responses. I asked people both on facebook and txted a few that didn't have facebook to ask for fun whether they thought I was having a boy or a girl at a guess. A few people said boy, a few people said girl. But then there were a few who decided to say "A bit of both" which then made my mind go into overdrive and think they were saying I was going to have a mixed gender child. It scared me and I got upset. I think I should have just laughed it off as that people sometimes don't know or struggle to settle on one, so settle on the "both" answer but I got upset. I feel like a moron. But it was when I got told about talking too much about my pregnancy, that's what upset me most.
Anyway, I've deleted those who thought that way as I don't wish to subject them to baby talk because this is my life now, even once I've had the baby.

Feeling low in other areas in that I feel really fat and ugly. My OH doesn't pay me compliments or anything and he actually said I had a fat arse the other week. He said he was joking but at the time, it didn't seem like it and I'm sensitive about my weight and appearance anyway. Due to my PCOS I get hair in unwanted places and feel so unfeminine at times.
I have been sort of good with maintaining my weight the past few weeks. After my body got used to being off the LT once I just jumped off it when finding out I was pregnant. I settled at 14St 6lbs and since Week 7 when it settled down, I've only gained 7lbs. I don't know if that's an OK gain or not? I'm gutted that I'm practically in the 15's again and may even by the time I'm due I'll be beyond 17 stone.

Anyway, I hope my mood lifts soon. Hate being miserable.

oh honey. i really feel for you. i worry that i talk about it too much, but then i think 'well why wouldn't i?' people ask how i am and it's all i think about these days. and it's who i am now. and i'm excited. and it can't be as bad as when i drove everyone mad talking about trying to get new windows for my house for about six months, ha.

you don't need people that don't want to support you. i think if people are sick of me they just change the subject and i go along with it.

as for feeling oversensitive i've been doing that too. we all do it. don't feel bad.

massive hugs honey.

abz xx

aw ((((((((((((((((hugs ))))))))))) I have been exactly the same pregnancy hormones grrrrrrrrrrrr I was crying and stressing over everything and now he is here its just as bad lol mw said its normal so fingers crossed it wil settle soon .i am sure your friends ddnt an to upset you and were prob just messing about some people just dont think do they and as for other half men are just as bad and dont realise how these comments hurt us as we are so sensitive x

Tell them to P*ss off!!

Its ur time to shine, simple!

We all had it too chick, i think if u look over everyones diaries u see the same things repeated, just remember whats importnt to u - baby! not pleasing them!!

Go team babies!!! haha

xx

Back