Advice please! Don't want to give up!

Tanya c

Hi all,

well... it all started friday night. I felt ill and had to eat something, was determined to get back on track the next but it didn't happen, I succumbed to a church social buffet:(.
It's Monday and 17:45 and I'm still off track. Had pizza and chips yesterday and having normal Asian food today!
I get weighed on Thursday. What are people's experiences of getting off track for a few days or a week? Have u gained lots? Were u able to lose it the following week? How much did u put on?

Sorry for the questions but am really worried abt my weigh in on Thursday. I've decided just to wait until Thurs and start afresh. This will be my 4th weigh in and have lost 12.5lb so far.
What does everyone think???

xxxx

Honestly?
I think it's very dangerous for you to eat normally and then start again on Friday.
Only because it will be so easy for you (and by that, I think I really mean for all of us) to just give up.
Start tomorrow afresh and try to get back into Ketosis. You probably won't have a loss on Thursday (might even have a gain) but wouldn't you feel better for not having given up?

Sorry if I've offended you.

Thanks Gembots, no don't worry, u haven't offended me! I just thought it easier to start on Thursday cos I have a few social engagements and I don't want to be tripped up again!
xxx

stay strong at social events, take water bars and tetras with you.....if you do blip don't let it ruin your cd day, get straight back on it....don't wait for the next day.....on the weeks i have blipped i have only lost a little, but always get back on track straight away.....i find it easier that way.....
good luck

Agree with biltsy.

Much easier to get straight back into it.

Otherwise we can keep making excuses to ourselves and finding reasons to postpone it etc etc. and so days off turn into weeks off, and so make it even harder to get back into.

I think you should start back as soon as possible, everyone has their little slips but instead of taking it as an opportunity to eat more you need to get back on track and put it behind you. With other diets as soon as i'd had one thing I shouldn't I would think i'd ruined it anyway might as well keep eating! Just can't do it on this diet!

If you have a lot of times where you need to eat for social things would you be better of with ss+ where you could have some chicken or salad?

Back