Am i wasting my time???

stef2009

Gold Member
Hi im 21 5 foot and weighing 17 stone!
I need to lose around 7-8 stone.
I did lipotrim last yr and lost 2 stone in 8 weeks, which was great, but impossible to keep off when i went back onto foods!
Anyway i'm wondering if i start going back the gym like 3-4 times a week, count my cals and eat healthy would i get any kind of result and in wot time? Or is calorie counting for those who only need to loose a little weight?

Thankyouuu!
Stef x x

(( ok im actually 22! i keep forgetting im not 21 anymore haha ))

Last edited:
Hi!

I have quite a bit to lose, my target weight isn't even my overall target weight! I have tried SW and WW before, and have realised that while they are good and work for some, I think calorie counting is the best way to actually get to know your body, and get healthy. It makes you really think about what you are putting in to your body and helps you to make good choices.

I started about 1.5 weeks ago and have lost 7lbs, and that was with a lot of easter egg eating and a couple of drunken nights out too!

I use Food Focus - Permanent Weight Loss to track my food and exercise. It is totally free and it really helps so I would recommend using that. I have alo done a lot of research, jsut to find out which time of day I need the most calories, and which foods are suitable choices. Food doesn't need to be boring on a calorie counting diet, it is just about being a bit more sensible - you can still have chocolate and crisps - I do most days!

Sarah x

Hey Sarah thats really good 7lbs in 1.5 weeks! was that counting your calories and exercise? I never did WW or SW only because my gym fees are ridiculous and i couldnt afford both! Ive had a look at the diets taking tablets and that but i just dont fancy it, i really want to do it on my own, watching what i eat and lots of gym time, i'm not to bothered how long it takes as long as it stays off!
How many calories should i be having a day to get a result? I'm not too sure on this kind of thing, I have alot to learn i think!

Thanks for posting back!

Stef x x

If you use that website then it will tell you how many calories. I am making sure I stay under 1200, but generally have about 1000. I think that is quite low though, but I am still in the stage of figuring out the best meals for me. I generally save some calories until I go to bed as sometimes I like to have something while I watch TV or something, but then if I don't have it I end up having 700cal a day which is nowhere near enough!

I would say 1200 is a good figure, but it depends on the person, the weight, the height, the amount to lose etc!

ok thanks i'll have a look now :)
keep me posted on how your gettin on!
cant wait to get to the gym later, weigh myself and see what i can loose in my first week!

I know its exciting you cant wait to see the weight come off! Hope fully for both of us we will stick at it eh!!
If you have had a few drinks n choccy eggs n still lost weight then there is great hope lol :)

Calorie counting is good - but produces slower results. BUT - at least you dont really have to cut out anything as such, just eat a lot less and exercise! That seems to be working for me at the moment hehe. Maybe when I have the one more stone to lose and the weight is being stubborn I might do cambridge diet or something lol Who knows :p

Calorie counting is good - but produces slower results. BUT - at least you dont really have to cut out anything as such, just eat a lot less and exercise! That seems to be working for me at the moment hehe. Maybe when I have the one more stone to lose and the weight is being stubborn I might do cambridge diet or something lol Who knows :p

I really don't think you have to eat a lot less though! I just had a really big lunch, took me ages to eat and I am really full. I think you just need to make better, healthier choices. You are right on the exercising though... but then that can only be a good thing really!

Hey! Ive also just started doing calorie counting. That food focus website is brilliant! would defenitly recommend that! Im trying to aim for about 1000 cals a day. And like Sarah said thats a really good idea to save some for the evening! I also like to snack at that sort of time! :)... good luck! xx

Hi hun,

It is definitely achievable, i am also 21 :) and started calorie counting last year at 17stone 8 & got down to 15 stone 7, i went off it for a while but have just started again 4 weeks ago and im now just under 15 stone and although i am no where near where i want to be (10stone7) i know that the best thing for me is calorie counting and excercise, as you can still eat what you want just smaller portions.

I probably eat more now than i did when i was at my heaviest but its foods with less calories & fat :)

You can do it & look forward to you keeping us posted
xx

Hi hun,

It is definitely achievable, i am also 21 :) and started calorie counting last year at 17stone 8 & got down to 15 stone 7, i went off it for a while but have just started again 4 weeks ago and im now just under 15 stone and although i am no where near where i want to be (10stone7) i know that the best thing for me is calorie counting and excercise, as you can still eat what you want just smaller portions.

I probably eat more now than i did when i was at my heaviest but its foods with less calories & fat :)

You can do it & look forward to you keeping us posted
xx

Thankyou! And well done you, thats really good, glad to see it will work then without having to go back on an extreme diet!
How long did it take to loose that 2 stone?
I'm in no rush.. Hoping to loose 2pound a week!

Stef x x

Hey! Ive also just started doing calorie counting. That food focus website is brilliant! would defenitly recommend that! Im trying to aim for about 1000 cals a day. And like Sarah said thats a really good idea to save some for the evening! I also like to snack at that sort of time! :)... good luck! xx

Yep im deffo taking urs and sarahs advice, cos i like a little sumthin lata on watchin t.v.
I've just stocked up on some muller light yogs!
Abit pee'd off as i didnt get to go the gym 2day, i had to wait in for a delivery and thought it would come earlyer but only came at 5.15pm and by that time it wus tea time 4 my son and then bath n bed n so on.. lol
I'm deffo there tomorrow and only going to use there scales as i dont trust my own n dont want to keep checking!!

Stef x x

Thankyou! And well done you, thats really good, glad to see it will work then without having to go back on an extreme diet!
How long did it take to loose that 2 stone?
I'm in no rush.. Hoping to loose 2pound a week!

Stef x x

Aww thank you hun! I did actually loose about 3 stone in total but put nearly a stone back on & started my calorie counting again at 15stone7. It took me only 2 months to lose 3 stone which i think is amazing and made me realise it is definitely manageable.

Slow & steady wins the race ;) & 2lb a week is what im aiming for too as its manageable andsustainable!

xxx

Flippin heck 2 months?? thats bloody fantastic!
I cannot waitttt to get in that gym and start my healthy eating now, ive had enough of all this extra weight!
Definatly slow and steady, like i said on lipotrim it was a dream the weight dropped off and i didnt need do anythin, tho it was mentally draining not being able to eat litrally anything, then all the weight went back on! What a waste of time and effort! x x

I lost 4 stone betwen April and September last year by just cutting my portion sizes, eating healthier foods and exercising more. Then I stalled for ages...didn't gain anything but kind of lost momentum and just stuck around the same weight for ages.

Found my motivation again about a month ago and have lost almost another stone.

I joined a gym two weeks ago and I've discovered that I love the gym! That's definitely helping....I've lost about 6lbs since joining and I can still eat loads (of healthy foods, of course) and stay below my daily calorie target because I burn loads off during my cardio sessions.

Oh, and I started of at 23 stone so no, calorie counting & exercise isn't just for people who only have a little bit to lose!

Good luck with your efforts!

Thanks lola-belle, congrats on ur weight loss so far thats really really good!
I hope to have the success everyone else has gotten through calorie counting!!

Stef x x

good luck hun, ive tried every diet under the sun but its the first time ive really understood or even taken the time to understand the food i ut in my mouth and how it fuels my body with out just doing it cos the slimming club says so!

im aiming for 1000 but have stayed around 1100-1300 cals a day and feel great for it.. im just checking the cal content of everything and being honnest with myself about what ive eaten as i thing the worst thing you do when eating badly is lie to yourself about what youve had!

good luck hun and i will check how your going xx

nic x

thankyou!! i see you have been on LT aswell, how did u find it?
it was impossible for me to keep the weight off when i finished!
hope its worked for you!

oh by the way peeps, my friend has been slowly losing weight over the past few months, she's been on superdrug meal replacement shakes 2 times a day then a meal at tea-time, with snacks in between if needed.
Does any-one know if this is ok? She just took it upon herself to buy it and use it. I cant advise her as its not quite like LT what i was on!

Stef x x

Back