and..so it begins

Angie - well done on sticking with it, it definitely gets easier.

Trash - I'm feeling good at the min and using a variety pack at the min as there are a lot of new products since I last did the plan. I'm a big fan of the banoffee porridge.

Hope you ladies are both doing well.

Anna x

1 week in and weigh in day.

The scales have been kind to me and have rewarded me with a 12lb loss.

I'm very chuffed to say the least and it has given me the motivation for the coming week.

Keep up the good work everyone.

A x

Wow Anna; that's an amazing loss, well done.
:0clapper::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:

I have the second week blues. After the high of a significant loss comes the realisation that this will be a long long journey.

Moan over.

It has to be said I already feel so much better for losing some weight and continue to stick to the plan.

Natasha & slim1day, thank you for your support, it means a lot.

Good luck everyone and keep your eye on the 'prize'

Last edited:
Week 2 weigh in and a 6lbs loss, I'm seriously chuffed with this.

It has really motivated me for the start of my third week.

I am however anxious for next weekend and the week after because I celebrate a significant birthday and my family have lots of celebrations planned including afternoon tea, dinners out etc (all planned and booked pre diet). I'm not sure at this stage how to cope/approach it.

Stay strong everyone.

A x

Hi Anna, congrats on a terrific week 2 loss :winner::0clapper:, if my maths is right then that's 18lbs in 2 weeks :D, amazing ! I hope I can be even near those figures lol . I hope your week 3 is going well, step AWAY from those cakes :D . You've now lost over a stone. Have you thought about adding the SS one stone badge to your signature ? I'm hoping to do that for each stone to motivate me :) . Here is the link to help you get the badges :-

https://www.minimins.com/threads/badges-of-achievement.259536/

Kay xx

Hi Kay- I've tried really hard to do the badge without any success. I'm obviously a technophobe.

I have a busy extended weekend away so I have had to weigh in early this week which for some reason has really put me out... Lol.

So.... Week 3 sees a 4lb loss, happy with that. Next week will inevitably be a gain due to big birthday celebrations. I'll will still update this though so I continue to be accountable.

Good luck everyone.. A x

Congrats Anna ! :0clapper::winner: , 4lbs loss is amazing .

Here is some help with the badge logo, you can try it if you like.

If you log onto mins and go to your profile page, on the left hand side there is a panel with menu options, chose signature, a box will appear. At the top of the box you will see the top panel, where it shows B, I U , keep going across that panel and you will see the smiley face icon :), next to that is a square picture icon for images, click that and a box will appear which says `enter the URL address' in that box, copy paste the following link :-

http://slimandsave.co.uk/images/forum-badges/14lb.png

Then at the bottom click `save changes ' and then your badge should appear in your signature.

14lb.png

If it still doesn't work, not to worry hun :) .

I hope you enjoy the birthday celebrations ! :candle1: :D

Kay xx

Last edited:
Week 4.. And time to assess the damage after my planned birthday break.

I have gained back the 4lbs I lost last week despite being quiet careful, but I had a great time and I now have a clear few weeks.

Good luck on your journey everyone.

A x

Week 4.. And time to assess the damage after my planned birthday break.

I have gained back the 4lbs I lost last week despite being quiet careful, but I had a great time and I now have a clear few weeks.

Good luck on your journey everyone.

A x

Hi Anna, glad you had a lovely time on your hols :), I'm sure as soon as your back on plan, that water weight will drop off in no time !

Kay xx

Week 5 - weighed in on Friday and was beyond thrilled to loose the 4lbs I gained and 5 more pounds besides.

So Kay you were absolutely right.

That brings me to a total of 27lbs lost.

A X

Week 5 - weighed in on Friday and was beyond thrilled to loose the 4lbs I gained and 5 more pounds besides.

So Kay you were absolutely right.

That brings me to a total of 27lbs lost.

A X

Woohoo ! :woohoo: Well done Anna, that's brilliant ! :D:0clapper::winner: . 27lbs in 5 weeks is smashing ! I was hoping you'd come back, thought you had gone, not many of us on here now. Would be great to keep in touch :p . I hope I can do as well as you by my next weigh in.

Kay xx

A delay on a week 6 update but I report in with another 4lb loss.

I'm feeling so much lighter and more mobile.

Powered through the chocolate festival which was Valentine's Day without too much trouble.

I'm in the zone.

Week 7 - reporting in with a 3lb loss.

I've really struggled this week so I've been thankful for a super supportive partner.

He tells me I'm beautiful every day and that I'm getting more so . I don't agree but the sentiment although embarrassing really motivates me.

It's very quiet on this thread but if anyone is reading "keep going, we can do it"

A x

Its sounds like you have got quite a keeper to me - how sweet! :)
I guess he has been quite a rock to you since you have been on plan, it will help to have someone supportive like him guiding you along.
Your really lucky - I wish I had someone like that to lean on. Especially if I was having a really difficult time on plan. But hey-ho, men don't really seem to be an interest to me lately. Especially with how I feel with my weight at the moment, I mean who would want a lard lump like me! :p

Well done with your losses so far hun, ive been reading through your thread and your just doing amazing!!

Hi girlsbig98 - my ex husband was the most unsupportive man ever so I cherish the love and support I have now.

I've spent time alone and blamed my weight and TBH my weight issues sapped my confidence from me.

As they say there is someone for everyone and I've no doubt your Mr perfect is out there and you lovely will find him in the most unexpected place, as I did.

Thank you for your lovely words and keep up the good work.

A X

Week 8 - the loss this week is another 3lbs.

I'm pleased with this as I'm starting to feel the loss now. No one has noticed yet but I've a lot to lose so I guess it will take time for it to become apparent to others.

Good luck everyone who is continuing on plan.

A x

Week 9- a 4lb loss . 41lbs to date.

This will be last entry as it is so quite in this thread with very few updates.

I will be continuing and charting my progress on a photo sharing site.

Good luck everyone.

A X

Back