Anja's Up & Down Diary

Have taken another dulcolax but still no joy.

:eek: I think I need an unforgettable experience right now just to sort things out! :eek:

Yesterday: Breakfast - peach & apricot cereal with banana
Lunch - home-made mixed vegetable lasagne - peppers, mushrooms, onions, kidney beans, sweetcorn, mushroom protein (quorn) mince, 100g strawberries, 100g grapes
Oops - 4 choc digestives
Dinner - 3 veg protein sausages, Dad's onion & chilli mash potato - (Won't be having THAT again!:eek:) & half a tin baked beans, 100g strawberries with 75g low cal ice cream
and then Dad made me apricot pie with leftover pastry so apricot pie with spray cream

Actually I hadn't really thought about what sort of effect that lot would all have on my stomach - I'm amazed I'm not in the loo already - baked beans & kidney beans along with chilli on the same day - I must be mad! (+ 4 litres of water too. No wonder my weight went up!)

I must have guts of steel! I haven't eaten anything at all yet but I think my stomach etc. is all full as I've only managed to go once in about 6 days - I don't think a fig is going to do it - an industrial strength hoover perhaps!:eek::(:jelous::eek::sigh: Will get some Califig stuff at Waitrose tonight if no luck by then. I've only had it once before, it had a terrible effect on me then but I simultaneously had septicaemia at the time after having my appendix out so not sure which was to blame...

I had four fresh figs on an empty stomach. Oh, boy! I have suffered from chronic constipation for years. Right now I'm on a break from psyllium husk.

Your high bean etc intake would probs fell a horse but if like me you have regular (lol) problems in this department you may well have guts of steel.

The F Plan never worked for me in that way!

And I too have a high tolerance for Dulcolax. Weird, isn't it?

Up to 2 litres of water today already.

Sorry if I'm giving too much information at the moment! Hopefully things will focus much more on the diet soon!

I practically never suffer to be honest. Regular & daily usually. I don't know what's wrong with me at the moment.

Anja, what a rotten time you are having - do you suffer with ibs at all? All the stress lately might have brought it on, with the attenant problems. Just imagine what the weight loss will be when you are finally clear!

Partially clear but have now swapped problems to run for my life moments! Still bloated with extended stomach but getting there. I don't know if that's the end to the journey of the 20hrs ago DL or if it's a combi of the 2 or if the one I took this morning will also have this effect but later!:eek:

I forgot to tell you - for last night's aqua I wore a bikini. For the first time in 7 years, (since getting it done) I actually displayed my pierced belly button! It looked good although there were some jokes about whether I was going to do a Babs Windsor/carry on & ping them out during the jumping about! I didn't - Thank God!

Be careful what you wish for...

God I feel rough. Have eaten way too much & spent most of the afternoon/evening in the bathroom! I feel really sick & now appear to be onto the 2nd wave/tablet.:jelous::eek:

11,8 this morning. I think I gained 1lb from food & lost 2...

Don't know what today is... Having weetabix with fresh-picked raspberries for breakfast. Feels quite cool to wander up the garden in my pyjamas to pick breakfast! Aiming for a low day. Have been up since 5.30 doing Maths & am now halfway through the July assignment. Hoping to do a bit more before I go to the hairdressers & Asda. It has to be done by 29th July but I go on hol on the 14th so this is my 2nd to last weekend before I have to have done it.

Hi

I'm in the 2nd to last course of a 6 year Open Uni Spanish/Maths honours degree. All Spanish done, this year is pure maths, (my last maths course, done 3 already) & then in September I start a one-year certificate in accounting, which is my final course ready for graduation next June.

My mind is lighter but I've still partially got cramps/constipation/bloating/indigestion which is why today isn't a DD & nor will tomorrow be. I'm fibreing up & looking into colonics as this has been trouble off & on for more than a week. Lunch will probably be beans on toast or cheese on toast & dinner will be my lasagne with the kidney beans in. Once the bloating has gone down I'll feel so much better, I don't feel at all right at the minute & it's buggering up my concentration & willpower. I was aiming for 13lbs this month & I'll be lucky to get 9 at this rate. I'm still at 7 at the minute.

Open Uni is hard work alongside your job, I admire your dedication.

I've thought about colonics, I get mild ibs at times and have diverticulosis (doesn't cause any problems but it is there). Just don't quite fancy the process, but the idea of a proper "clear out" is appealing. It must be hard to keep up a diet knowing that the scales aren't giving a proper picture.

Wow - I have copper & blonde hair. Never gone blonde before. I'm halfway through. Next Saturday it drops to totally blonde with a darker blonde base & pale highlights. My hair was so dark that there needs to be a gap between the chemicals otherwise my hair either would fall out or it wouldn't go blonde enough. So I get to be ginger & blonde for a week, but I really like it & it should be lovely for my holiday when it's completely done.

Lets have a piccie then - would love to see, it sounds like a total transformation! What fun, I love changing hair colours!

love

Will do - Dad took one but it was terrible so I've had to resort to taking it myself. It looks less ginger than in the photo as it has Barbie blonde streaks throughout which catch the light.

Attachments

• Anja blonde ginger midway.JPG
    Anja blonde ginger midway.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Anja.JPG
    Anja.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 54
Did you VLCD? If so, did you suffer from the same problem? I did and as far as I know most peeps do.

I used psyllium husk and found it immeasurably useful. Perhaps you might like to try it? It's gentle but powerful and without it I doubt I could have stuck to CD for any length of time.

It may be that your disgestive system has not got used to eating one day and restricting another.

I do hope you find a solution 'cos a sluggish system can make you feel under the weather.

Will do - Dad took one but it was terrible so I've had to resort to taking it myself. It looks less ginger than in the photo as it has Barbie blonde streaks throughout which catch the light.

Woo!

Bakerglam...

Thanks!

Yes I did CD for several months, but have
been off it for about 9 months now. I was only very occasionally effected by either problem. I was fine until last week so maybe it's just stress with my assignment & my uncle's funeral & everything. Spent 2 days solid as a rock, then yesterday all day in the loo & today back to not being able again with cramps & the full works. Have had weetabix, my kidney bean lasagne & am now eating dried apricots to try & do it a bit more naturally. Will be very pleased when things finally calm down again.

Have been JUDDDing 5 weeks now & the first three & a half weeks were fine. Who knows?

Those photos are fantastic, the hair colour really suits you - are you tempted to keep it like that and not have the final blonding?

Love that hair colour Anja, really suits you, its soft and very attractive! Does you a heap of good to have a change. Sorry to hear your tummy probs are ongoing. I have a bit of a theory about that, as i am having a few probs too, although not on the scale of yours! I wonder if our tummies are in shock from the two extremes of UD/DD and that we are not designed for this kind of eating, I would liek to think thta we will adapt over time but I am normally fine but definately different since Juddding, just a thought!

Love

Thanks!
Nope, definitely curious to know what I'd look like blonde. This is okay for a week but I wouldn't have voluntarily gone ginger, Thank God for my very blonde streaks.

When it's wet the ginger bits look pink, that'll serve me right for dyeing my hair red most of my life!

Back