Anja's Up & Down Diary

Hi Anja,

just saw your post on the weight loss record - 3lbs is famtastic after the tricky week you have had, you must be well chuffed!:cool:

Hope you are ok, catch up in a bit I hope.

Love

Yes 3lbs is great Anja, so pleased for ya.:party0011:

Guess you cleared your blockage then!:rolleyes::D

Dizzy x

Hi

Had no access so have only just seen your message Irene but I'm pretty sure I said it anyway.

No idea about calories while I was away.

Friday - nightmare - took 4 hours to get there. Left home at 9 after 2 slices of raisin bread with butter & jam. EVENTUALLY arrived just after 1, greeted everyone & then cortege arrived. Left with funeral procession, service at 2.30. Cried hugely particularly when mum choked up when she was reading her eulogy & then Whitney Houston's I will always love you finished everyone else off. Lunch at 4.30 but buffet was undercatered as 100s more people came than expected.

(Late lunch: 1 slice tomato quiche, 3 x 1/4 sandwiches, 1 each of tuna, cheese & pickle, & cucumber & tomato, 1 spoon each of pasta salad & curried fruity rice, 2 x inch square pieces of cake) 2 x tea, Dinner at Ailsa's was strawberries with home-made strawberry yoghurt as I was knackered, had spent over 6 hours driving & was not hungry. 1 x coffee.
Not good when the first drink of the day isn't until 4.30 pm. I wouldn't have thought my calories could be more than 1,000 - I barely ate anything all day! 8,591 steps.

Saturday - B: 2 x toast, olivio spread, jam & cherry yoghurt
Visited bra factory shop & came home with 4 bikinis & a swimsuit! Really cheap.
Lunch: salad with cheese, coleslaw, potato salad, 1 slice bread & olivio spread & a little bit of cheese & chive dip with cucumber. Chocolate ice cream & strawberry sorbet mid afternoon shopping.
Evening: barbecue party - 1 veg kebab, 1 1/2 new potatoes & 2 slices fruit tart with cream, 1 apple, 1 plum & apricot. Hot chocolate.

What with the salad & the fruit & veg I wouldn't have thought I'd done too badly, 11,299 steps but probably an UD rather than an ID.

Today: 2 x croissant, butter & jam, strawberries.
L: salad with a little cheese, 2 small new potatoes, a small jacket potato & coleslaw.
Snacks: ice cream, cherry coke, 1/2 bounty, 1/2 twix. I appear to have pigged out slightly since I got home but when I weighed when I got home I was 11,8 at 5pm after breakfast & lunch so maybe I'll be down a bit in the morning...

Anyway essay over! Very tired but a good weekend. Over 9,000 steps already today.

That's last week's 3lbs - I forgot to do it!:( This week won't be 3 by any stretch! Thanks you anyway.

Never mind Anja, you don't sound like you have done too badly at all, I bet at least one pound disappears!
Be nice for you to relax now and look to the week ahead, you must be tired and a bit drained, all sounds pretty emotional.

Good to have you back, I missed you!

Love

Still 11,8 this morning. My mini binge yesterday evening killed off whatever weightloss I might have had but no gain so I guess that's okay. Weigh in tomorrow with a day of 1400 cals planned today & aqua tonight so maybe I'll have lost 1lb this week.

10,622 steps yesterday in the end. We played Lazer zone 2 games.

Keeping level after the weekend you have had is a really good result Anja, and if you end the week losing a pound then that will be fantastic. That factory shop you mentioned sounds excellent, I love bargains. I hadn't thought about it but since you do aqua exercise you must use a lot of swimwear.

I do have 3 Argos Additions cossies that I wear a lot here & 1 that lives in Spain but they just have bust shelves. My undies of choice are Freya bras every time so when Ailsa invited me up & suggested we go to the factory shop I jumped with joy. The bras were £14.99, Rigby & Peller £25.99 & the Freya & Fantasie swimwear was £13 for cossies & £6.50 per half bikini. (The tops retail at £35 & the bottoms £17 for the ones I like so £13 all in is fantastic instead of £52!) Also the flattering costume I bought is retailing at £48 on Figleaves so £35 saving! Woohoo!

Mum goes back to Spain tomorrow but I will try & get her to take my picture in it tonight to put it on here. It's very flattering.

r2318-p145914-front.jpg

That's not me I hasten to add!

Also there was a bottle of Bollinger special cuvée champagne sitting on my desk this morning from a happy client at work. Yippee!

Also I didn't have time for breakfast so my cals are more likely to be 1,000 today instead.

Cookies Required

Black costume as pictured above.

Hot pink triangle top & hot pink tie side briefs which I can just about get away with...

Pale turquoise triangle top & shorts
(I already had the pale turquoise underwired balcony top & bikini brief so I can mix & match a bit)

Black plunge bikini top & bikini briefs

Cornflower blue underwired balcony top & bikini briefs.

No jumping about in the triangle or plunge tops but the 2 balcony sets & the suit are fine for aqua.

They look really nice, and an amazing saving. The cut makes such a difference. It is always hard finding decent swimwear, the tops of bikinis seem, how shall I put it, inadequate? I suppose a lot of it is that I just don't like looking at my exposed flesh yet, maybe when I've shifted another half a stone.

r2318-p115298-front.jpg

The plunge one is a little lower at the front than I was hoping for. I thought I'd picked up a balcony but the balcony one is high & supportive. I could happily jump up & down & know that nothing was going anywhere.

I tried on the H & M Loves Kylie bikini recently - absolutely indecent - I'm 36E & it looked like melons in a carrier bag, I had about 2 inches of boob hanging out each side of the triangle. Think Jordan or Playgirl - sooooooooooo not a good look.

The bikini thing - I haven't worn one in more than 15 years but I'm willing to expose my stomach this year and it won't be the best on the beach by any stretch but it won't be the worst either so who cares? I got my belly button pierced in 2000 and it has never seen the light of day. It will soon!

Good for you Anja, thats fighting talk!

Yep - fighting talk.

Today: UD 1,613 cals 9.2 fruit & veg
B: fruit compote
L: cheese salad with salad cream, cherries, grapes, mint club biscuit, strawberry jelly, banana
D: spaghetti bolognese, ice cream, strawberries
Oops: dairy milk choc bar & 4 prawn crackers

So much for our visitors keeping me on the straight & narrow. No sooner had I put my spag bol in the microwave than they turned up & they all ordered Chinese takeaway! Grrr!

Not so good for the scales but aqua was good. My legs ache & I'm booked in for Thursday night too so it's all good for me!
Will have to wait & see what weigh in tomorrow brings!

You have an hourglass figure woman! Many men just love that shape.

And when you lose a bit more... look out, world!

(Yeah I hate my flabby tum, bottom and thighs, too). LOL.

Weigh in results:

Stayed the same at 11,8 but my measurements have gone down again.

B: 39 same, W: 29.75 -0.25, H: 40 -0.5, Bum: 42.75 -0.25, LT: 24 -0.25, RC: 15 -0.25, LA: 9.25 S, RUA: 12.75 -0.25, LW: 6.25 S, N: 12.5 S.

I've lost 1.75 inches this week from pretty much all over. 5.5 inches total lost in 5 weeks. I've lost 0.75 inches off my bum in the last 2 weeks. It's all got to help.

Absolutely Anja, and to be fair you have had a very difficult week so to have avoided gaining is impressive. The fact that you have lost inches as well is a real bonus. Well done, here's to a very good week of Juddding! ( By the way, I think you look Fab in that pic and that time you have lost a little more you are going to look amazing!)

Love

Well done keeping the UD calories down. I think your photo looks great, you probably don't like it because straight on pics are always the least flattering, they tend to widen you and shorten the legs. As GG says you have lovely curves, do you think you are losing proportionately? I find thighs the hardest to lose from too, I don't know why weight always hangs around there. Excellent inch loss, how tall are you?

Back