Anja's Up & Down Diary

Thank you Barb!

Yep - definitely looks better than that when I look in the mirror but then my face doesn't look that slim so there was some funny angling going on there! I think maybe the bikinis look better as my waist is my smallest part & the bigger bits are covered up!

I'm only 5'2" so I need a much smaller bum than that! Yes I do seem to be losing reasonably proportionately - started LL/CD Jan 06 at 14,6 so am 40lbs down & have lost 33.25 inches total; 5" off my bust, 8.25" off my waist, 6" off my hips, 5.25" off my bum, 3" off my thigh, 2" off my calf, 0.75" off my ankle, 1.25" off my upper arm/bingo wing, 0.25" off my wrist & 1.5" off my neck. The strange thing is my bust has gone down at the back but not the front. My cup size is the same as it was but my fleshy back has all but disappeared. I don't think I'll get much lower than a 34 as my bra sits on my rib bones.

Oh dear! Slapped wrists & everything else - was having a good DD with melon & SF shake & then had Chinese for dinner for no apparent reason. Had half & have thrown the other half away to resist temptation.

Will aim for a DD tomorrow & UD on Thursday instead. No salad though, I've saladed myself out the last 4 days!

Yeah, I must say salad does get mighty tedious. I had one for lunch yesteday and no way could i have had another for dinner. Still had my yummy omlette and 6 KFC chips, so that was nice.

Hope you have a good DD today Anja, I am on an UD and really hungry so hope I don't go too mad!

Love

Chinese is not too bad on the calorie front, as takeaways go. You'll probably find you lost anyway. I agree that salad can get a bit repetitive, stir fry makes a pleasant change, especially in this weather - my heating came on this morning!

Stayed the same at 11,8 this morning luckily. Will aim for 2 Slimfast & a tin of WW soup today. Will also have to get to the chemist today for some perles/pearls sp? I'm still having problems on that front - only about once every 4 days down from daily.:eek::(

Mum went back to Spain yesterday so that's nice. I got a bit more Maths done yesterday but will have to do lots during the week as I have the hairdresser booked the next 2 Saturdays as I am going :eek:blonde :eek:. Apparently she has to do it in 2 stages as using ammonia strong enough to do my dark hair in one go would break it all. (Just being curious - it's the only colour I've never tried. I have very fair skin so I shouldn't look ruddy with it!)

I have to say this week has really brought it home to me how this diet is. It's not CD where it takes 4 days to get back on & into ketosis. Any day can be a new beginning.

I've crashed & burned fairly well this week & I haven't put a single lb on of the half stone I've lost. I can easily continue doing it for the 2 weeks I'm away in July & with the intention of swimming every day I'll probably come back lighter than I went which will be an absolute first for a holiday. I almost always come back half a stone heavier.

YAYYYY, go Anja, go Anja!! That is it exactly. Gone are the extremes of 'I'm starving, therefore I am being good therefore I will lose weight(but as soon as I am off this stupid diet I am going to stuff myself). In is the 'everyday is a new Juddd day and all will sort itself out.

It really is a huge leap for the brain though; I still hear my chatterbox on an Ud saying 'well, if you eat that you are asking for trouble, you are bound to put on this week, you pig'. I am getting better at ignoring it but old habits do die hard.
I love this plan, it is the very fact that I can do it forever that makes me happy, more so almost than the weight loss. that sounds mad I know, but it is this feeling of freedom that is doing it for me. To look into the future and plan social stuff and not have 'the diet' as the first consideration.

It's liberation I tells you, it really is. So good to hear you sounding so chipper Anja.

Love

Great to see you bouncing back Anja. The flexibility of this diet makes it a total winner, no need for guilt if life gets in the way sometimes. You've done so well to keep that half stone off, and the thought that a holiday can be fun and not fattening is a wonderful one.

Okay - up to 8.30pm only 1 Slimfast.
Have just had supper, 2 thin slices toast, scrapes of butter, 1/2 tin baked beans.

DD: Cals for day 581, f & v 2.9.

Wonder if I'll be 11,7 tomorrow?

Thank you!

Yeay! I made it! Am out of the barren wasteland of 11,8 & onto 11,7. (Have just worked out that in the last 11 days I have been 11,8 every day barring one when I went up to 11,9 due to stress/inertia/toilet troubles!) I suppose that's maintenance!

Still need to get the perles... Will do that this morning.:(

I spent most of yesterday lunchtime/evening with the champagne-giving clients as I was being paid to set up their PC & transfer all their files off the old one. I now have their old one as a fixer-upper for our back bedroom & some holiday spending money, and managed to spend most of yesterday evening distracted from food so it's all good.

Have got a calm UD planned today. Haven't had cereal for days so will do that for breakfast, veg lasagne for lunch with fruit & Dad has made some mashed potato with onion & chilli :eek: so I will have veggie sausages & the other half of the baked beans from yesterday... Aqua for an hour tonight too.

My next few goal weights for weigh-in days are:

11,7 20% of total lost (just need to stay the same or lose more to get this one on Tuesday morning)
11,5 was October's weight when I came back from hol
11,4 was the weight I was at the 1st WeMITT meet last June
10,10 was the lowest weight I ever reached while dieting during the last 18 months & also the weight I was when I went on holiday last October.

I'm only 11lbs away from my lowest weight which is very exciting and also heading towards the low 11s for the first time since October.

10,1 would be 30% of my total starting weight lost so will modify my goals slightly as I hit the closer 11 stone goals soon.

Having quite a high UD today, up to about 1,900 cals with even more likely shortly as my Dad has just baked a little apricot pie just for me but have just dulcolaxed so maybe it'll all even out in the end!:eek::jelous:

If there was ever a day to call in sick this is it!

11,9 this morning, the dulcolax hasn't worked, the chilli & onion mash is having a dire effect but not working & I am now a primed timebomb going into work.:(:eek::eek:

I will probably go in, have another 2 tabs & if necessary leave early. (Our office is an ex-factory & the walls are very thin! If I'm going to have a problem in that direction then I'll make up an excuse & go home!) I can't do it overnight tonight as I'll be at the hairdressers tomorrow & that could be very awkward!

Today was going to be an ID but has now been nominated a DD instead as I don't like going up 2 lbs even if I am blocked up! I probably ended yesterday on 2,300 cals but I did do a 388 cal burning aqua hour so there's no way I should have gone up 2 lbs. Tomorrow's UD should also be low-ish as I'll probably be in the chair for several hours lightening!

(Yep just checked WLR 2,350 cals, 12.7 fruit & veg - there is no way in the world that I ought to be blocked up!)

Hi have you tried eating a large bowl of porridge for breakie and rye bread instead of normal. It seems to work for me.

Hi

Thanks for that but I don't like porridge. I'll probably factor in some weetabix tomorrow! I'm on a DD today so no cereal at all but with 960g of fruit & veg yesterday (WLR count 1 portion as 80g) there's no way I should be having trouble. Am chickening out of having 2 yet. Will take another now & if necessary another later.:sigh::cry:

God the weather is appalling - roll on mid July & my holiday. We've got stair rods of rain out there!

Hi Anja,

sorry to hear you still have probs, I wonder what fruit you are having? I ahve noticed that cherries seem to have quite a remakable effect - if you get my drift, whereas applea and pears don't. Just a thought!

I agree about the weather, it really is rubbish, puts you right off doesn't it. Makes me feel like curling up indoors doing very little!

Hope you feel better soon Hun,

love

Two simple words, Anja: fresh figs.

I once accidentally overdid it with these, and this led to a toilet experience, sustained over two days, that I will never forget.

I suggest no more than one fig if your tum is empty or almost empty when you consume it - and maybe if it's full!

They taste yummy too but even if you don't like them they are fab for getting a sluggish colon moving.

Back