Atkins Induction _ Shelbys Lifestyle Change

I dont know how to remove that pie chart now...... its not longer right so please ignore it, i still ate too much protein though!!!

Plan For Tomorrow - Day 3 - Got a really busy day so need to get it all sorted

B: 2 Scrambled Eggs, 100g Mushrooms, 1 bacon chop, 15g Butter.
L: 190g Chicken Breast, 100g Romain Lettuce, 60g Cucumber, 2tbsp Mayo, 1 Rasher Crispy Bacon Crumbled, 50g Onion, 1tbsp Olive Oil.
D: 170g Quick Fry Steak, 80g Broccoli, 1tbsp Olive Oil, 1 Clove Garlic, 30g Philadelphia.

Total Carbs: 20.4g

I am Officially Giving up Diet Coke tomorrow also, not looking forward to the headache that gives me, nows as gooder time as any to do it though IMO.

Hiya and welcome :) your off to a flying start and food choices are varied which is always a good thing xx

Hi, Thanks for taking a look at my diary x

Woke up in a horrible mood today and feel like I can't be bothered to do anything, and I have loads to do today! Grrrrr! Hope everyone has a good day xxx

i woke up at stupid o'clock and couldn't get back off, feel lazy as a result xx hope your day brightens up Shelbs x

i woke up at stupid o'clock and couldn't get back off, feel lazy as a result xx hope your day brightens up Shelbs x

Thanks honey, managed to get a few bits done so far, so feeling a bit more energized, hope you have a good day xxx

FYI I also just ate a square of cadburys caramel - I'm so weak!

Oh dear! Step away from the chocolate! Wait til christmas when we can all get sick of it! Then kick it into touch! Maybe you could have a go at making the cocoa bark for the times you feel weak! Xx

Yes, make cocoa bark or hot choc with alpro unsweetened soya milk if you're desperate- though it's really best to get away from eating even chocolate substitutes for the first few weeks.

Last edited:
Hi Shelby.

All I can do is tell you two things - Atkins, when you stick to the plan, is brilliant for binge eaters. The longer you're in ketosis the less you crave sugar - or even really like it. Over on another forum there are several binge eaters who find as long as they avoid carbs, they don't binge. The same is true for me, and I used to have outrageous binges.

The second thing is that if you're not able to control the carb binges, Atkins is pretty awful. High fat/low carb is a great diet. High fat/high carb is the fastest way possible to put on weight. Atkins works great but only if you're able to stick to it. It's not friendly to people who can't, for whatever reason.

If you need to sort your head out before you can stick to a plan, that's nothing to feel bad about. You need to do what's right for you. Atkins will always be here.

Last edited:
Hi Shelby.

All I can do is tell you two things - Atkins, when you stick to the plan, is brilliant for binge eaters. The longer you're in ketosis the less you crave sugar - or even really like it. Over on another forum there are several binge eaters who find as long as they avoid carbs, they don't binge. The same is true for me, and I used to have outrageous binges.

The second thing is that if you're not able to control the carb binges, Atkins is pretty awful. High fat/low carb is a great diet. High fat/high carb is the fastest way possible to put on weight. Atkins works great but only if you're able to stick to it. It's not friendly to people who can't, for whatever reason.

If you need to sort your head out before you can stick to a plan, that's nothing to feel bad about. You need to do what's right for you. Atkins will always be here.

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a message, I completly agree with you and everything you said. I know I really need to address my binges and the root causes, its like you say atkins will always be here and I think if I can control my binging I would get on quite well on the diet. Will still be popping on here for sure cause there's some great people on here.

(hugs) deciding to do something about your depression is already one big step when the nature of the beast means it can be difficult to motivate yourself at all. I hope your docs can give you the support you need to feel better in yourself xx

maybe that is the best thing then Shelby, until maybe after christmas x we and atkins will still be here for your resolutions xx

Back