Atkins with one eye on the calories!

Claire, I don't often fall but when I do, it is usually a doozie & in front of as many people as possible!!

Hooya, I got Quinine tablets from my doctor to treat my cramp, it can paralyze me half risen from my chair. My husband who had never had cramp, couldn't understand why I yelled. I get it much less now that I am no longer working but you have my sympathy.

I had a phase of getting awful calf cramps whilst out in the hot places we used to visit! Almost crippled me some mornings! You have my sympathy too as until i suffered it i also couldn't see what the fuss was all about but my my i sure know now!

Looks like we're all ladies here then! haha..

I always thought cramp was due to lack of sodium in your body.

Yes Jim, apparently low Sodium and Potassium can both be causes. I'm taking supplements and doing my stretches so we'll see!

Today's eating without the cheating:
  • Breakfast: Egg, ham, cheese and lettuce
  • Lunch: Prawns, tomato & mozarella
  • Dinner: Omelette & broccoli
  • Snacks: Pepperami, peanuts, cheese, milk in tea
Carbs 15.6, cals 1300. Pretty good but will need to kick my peanut habit! They use up too many carbs :eek:

Reactions: Jim
Yes Jim, apparently low Sodium and Potassium can both be causes

and with the amount of water we drink on Atkins, we need to be aware of that!

I know I counted yesterday how much water I drink and it comes to 9 liters a day. I realy had no idea but I'm always drinking water as I'm alwasy thristy

9 Litres! :eek: that is a lot, I get in 8 pints of water and about another pint of tea.

I know I counted yesterday how much water I drink and it comes to 9 liters a day. I realy had no idea but I'm always drinking water as I'm alwasy thristy

Wow! I hope your Loo is handy.. Have you had you blood sugar tested? That is a lot of fluid.

Blimey that IS a lot of water hun! I think i'd drown if i drank that much! I don't think i even drank that much water whilst working out in hot places with the RAF. I feel pleased with myself if i hit 3l a day! Even then i'm constantly going to the toilet and it's only ever after i've been to the gym i get through that much.

What nice places did you get to Claire? I was dead lucky during my service. Cyprus(twice), Canada, Kenya, Oz, Honkers, Malta, Singapore and of course Germany.

Spent about two years in Oman, also done a few months in Qatar, endless dets to cyprus, few weeks in ascension, vegas twice, bosnia very briefly, savanna for few weeks.. erm think that's about it..

ah yes the joys of Ascension :sigh: I quite liked the Falklands though, even though there was a war going on at the time. LOL. Sweetest pint I ever had was at the Upland Goose. :D

I had my sugar tested and I'm ok. I'm just thristy a lot and it's just now that the weather has turned hotter... yes I'm running to the restroom quite often LOL

i loved ascension jim :) spent three weeks there. worked hard but played hard too.. lots of snorkelling n went sea fishing too.. never been to the falklands thankfully

9 litres! Wow, I am rubbish at drinking my water, always struggle to get through what I should!

Lots of eating out today so no count but hopefully ok:

• Breakfast: Atkins bar
  • Lunch: Ribeye steak & salad
  • Dinner: Mixed Turkish kebabs, courgettes
  • Snack: MORE PEANUTS! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME AND MY RANDOM PEANUT ADDICTION?? :nono:

Sorry Morenachica, I always think of blood sugar/ thirst, my Aunt started that way.
I'm a bit like Hooya, I am only thirsty when I'm hot or doing some form of
exercise. So have to force myself to drink.

i loved ascension jim spent three weeks there. worked hard but played hard too.. lots of snorkelling n went sea fishing too.. never been to the falklands thankfully

Huh, all we did was cross loading, moving stores fro0m one ship to another, and the weather was crap. LOL.

Hooya do you like salt? maybe it's the salt in the peanuts.. Hooya you are 5'7 and 135 I would think you would be a size 8 maybe it's your height or you carry your weight in a certain area. When I was 130 and I'm getting back there, I was a size 6 in dress pants and and a size 8 in jeans. Now I'm a 12 getting and a tight fit in a size 10.

No problems wrink, I know that is a sign of low sugar.. I just love to drink water. I prefer it over tea, or any soft drinks and etc.. even before atkins

Hooya do you like salt? maybe it's the salt in the peanuts.. Hooya you are 5'7 and 135 I would think you would be a size 8 maybe it's your height or you carry your weight in a certain area. When I was 130 and I'm getting back there, I was a size 6 in dress pants and and a size 8 in jeans. Now I'm a 12 getting and a tight fit in a size 10.

Ah maybe it is the salt... Also at work, its the only thing from the vending machine that isn't at least 50% carbs!

My waist is down to just below 26in so I guess I'm a 10 there, but my hips are still 38in!! I've started doing squats and lunges to tighten them, but there's still plenty of fat I think :(

Maybe it's cos I'm weedy with hardly any muscles!

Back