August Challenge now over. Only 115 days to Christmas now.

@lickthelid your away for 4 days so you shouldn't do much damage if anything. Just eat normally and if you feel like something later in the day have it.Your doing so well you don't want to start playing catch up.:)
I'm away for a couple of days next week but luckily it's only at eldest house so I know I can and will do my usual eating. Now if I was going to youngest that would be a different story.

Well done everyone.:)

I'm busy painting ceilings(already done bathroom one this morning) and a kitchen today so I should be ok. Nearly gave in yesterday afternoon but picked up my crochet instead.:)

@lickthelid your away for 4 days so you shouldn't do much damage if anything. Just eat normally and if you feel like something later in the day have it.Your doing so well you don't want to start playing catch up.:)
I'm away for a couple of days next week but luckily it's only at eldest house so I know I can and will do my usual eating. Now if I was going to youngest that would be a different story.

I'm happy as long as that part of my brain doesn't kick in that says I'm away from home and it's a license to be a glutton! I'm sure I'll be ok we are taking a lot of food and only eating out for one dinner and one breakfast :)

3/31 100% :)

But having said that, I'm confused as to what I should do on Friday... It's my OH's dad's birthday and everyone is going over there for take-away dinner and cake. :/ So no healthy option available. Argh!

3/31 :)

@Minerva maybe you could make the best possible choices / smaller portions and count that as a victory of head over heart? Much like Im doing whilst away. 100% can mean a variety of things and personally I think it's more important to look at the choices I make and why?

Last edited:
That's really good advice, thank you @lickthelid :) Like you mentioned in another post, I guess my 100% that day will be... to listen to my stomach rather than my greed and try to make the best choices I can. Maybe I can even take a salad with me as I really don't fancy a takeaway anyway. But I'll still have a small (!) slice of cake because carrot cake is my favourite! :p Hihi.

exactly this ^^
@craftermary set this group up to get us back on track for the countdown to the C word (no not that one the OTHER c word) and that's a mental process as well as a physical and literal one :)

I have been on plan today but been at a wedding tonight so had a couple of drinks then we called for a maccies on the way home :rolleyes: oops. Back on it tomorrow

4/31 :)

was too busy to post yesterday.... dealing with a poorly grandson.... but 4/31

Well done everyone x

Yesterday's 100% was hard won.

At about 8pm mr LTL offered takeaway pizza. And I was starving
But we resisted

I'm so glad we did!!!! I would have had to recant my win

Yesterday's 100% was hard won.

At about 8pm mr LTL offered takeaway pizza. And I was starving
But we resisted

I'm so glad we did!!!! I would have had to recant my win

Well done on resisting. And you were not starving just a wee bit hungry.;)

I don't know if it's the oestrogen cream I've started using or having this group stopping me from eating the baked goodies and the exercise one but I am full of energy. :)

5/31 ... not *completely* 100%, but I stuck to my dinner plan pretty rigidly - bought myself some food (calorie controlled meal) while everyone else had takeaway Indian and did not pick at extras (bar two poppadoms) - so it could have been worse! Had a bit of sloe gin and slimline tonic and my cake allowance. So it was below 2000 calories, so in a way, it went ok. :) Usually it would have been significantly higher and less controlled!

Last edited:
Back