Back again (Let's see how long this lasts!!)

SaraC

Pesky pescetarian from Australia!
Hi,

I don't know whether anyone will remember me but this is now my 3rd time back (eek!). I haven't WI for a few months but I know the last time I did WI my weight was creeping up so I thought I am going to draw a line under all the bad things I have been eating and drinking and start from scratch (again!!).

I mainly do Green Days as I am a Pescetarian but am thinking of throwing some Red Days into the mix to shake it up
a bit. So here goes!!

Tuesday 26th April - Green Day

Breakfast: 2 Pieces WW Brown Bread (HEB), 2 LCL Triangles (1/2 HEA) and Vegemite

Morning Snack: 1 Alpen Light Bar (1/2 HEB), 1 Clementine

Lunch: Salad (Watercress, Red Chard, Baby spinach, Celery, Tomatoes, Red Onion, Carrots) with 2 Quorn fillets and 1 tbsp Salad Cream Light (2 syns). Blueberries, Raspberries

Afternoon Snack: Alpen Light Bar, 2 satsumas, banana

Tea: Quorn Stir fry (Carrots, beansprouts, peppers, sweetcorn, red cabbage, green cabbage) with Quorn Pieces, Egg Noodles, Wasabi & Plum Sauce (8.5 syns), 2 Asda Spring Rolls (5 syns) = 13.5 syns

Drinks: 2l sparkling water with NAS squash, Tea (1/2 HEA for SS milk), Diet Coke

HEA: 2 LCL Triangles/125ml SS Milk

HEB: 2 Pieces WW Thick Bread, 2 Alpen Light Bars

Superfree foods:
Watercress, Red Chard, Baby spinach, Celery, Tomatoes, Red Onion, Carrots, Blueberries, Raspberries, Clementines, beansprouts, peppers, sweetcorn, red cabbage, green cabbage

Syns: 1 tbsp Salad Cream Light (2 syns)
1/2 sachet Plum & Wasabi Sauce (8.5 syns)
2 Asda mini spring rolls (5 syns)

Total syns: 15.5

Leftover syns (15 per day to Thursday eve) = 29.5

Last edited:
Is anyone out there? If so feel free to say hi! :D

I have been the Queen of Superfree today, loads of fruit and veg and despite it being my piggy week (the week before * week) where I want to eat everything in sight, not a morsel of my leftover (Giant) Easter Egg has passed my lips!! :angeldevil:

I have been thinking what made me go off track, I think it was lack of variety, last time when I restarted we were pretty much eating the same thing over and over. On my break I have discovered a love affair with Papa Johns :mad:, discovered that I LOVE balsamic vinegar (which is free), especially over SW wedges and that I LOVE Greek food! I have been loosely following SW but more and more bad things (pizza, Bulmers, rosé wine) have been creeping into my diet and so has my weight :(

Oh & Hubby & I have decided we do want to have another baby at some point to complete our family so I would like to get down to target before/during then :)

Anyway I am back and ready for action!! If anyone would like to pop along from time to time and say hello to keep me motivated, feel free!! :D:D

Just thought I would upload pics of my yummy lunch/snacks for work today. I have just had 6 Wholegrain Crackerbread (HEB) and 28g Philly Light Sweet Chilli for lunch, yummy!

Attachments

• image-3997943121.jpg
    image-3997943121.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 52
  • image-128438885.jpg
    image-128438885.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 62
Wednesday 27th April - Green Day

Breakfast: 2 Pieces WW Brown Bread (HEB), 2 LCL Triangles (1/2 HEA) and Vegemite

Morning Snack: None

Lunch: 6 Wholegrain Crackerbread (HEB), with 28g Philly Sweet Chilli (2.5 syns), Salad (Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber, Yellow Pepper, Celery, Red Onion, Carrots) and 1 tbsp Salad Cream Light (2 syns) = 4.5 syns

Afternoon Snack: Strawberries and Mango

Tea: 9 Quorn Nuggets (4.5 syns), SW Wedges, 42g Mozzarella (HEA), Beans and Balsamic Vinegar = 4.5 syns

Drinks: 2l sparkling water with NAS squash, Tea (1/2 HEA for SS milk), Diet Coke

HEA: 2 LCL Triangles/125ml SS Milk, 42g Mozzarella

HEB: 2 Pieces WW Thick Bread, 6 Wholegrain Crackerbread

Superfree foods:
Cucumber, Celery, Cherry Tomatoes, Red Onion, Carrots, Yellow Pepper, Mango, Strawberries

Syns: 1 tbsp Salad Cream Light (2 syns)
28g Philly Sweet Chilli (2.5 syns)
9 Quorn Nuggets (4.5 syns)
Total syns: 9 syns

Leftover syns (15 per day to Thursday eve) = 20.5

Last edited:
Hi Sara,

I'll pop along and say hello! I'm 'green' too and enjoy looking at other peoples diaries (nosey mare that I am). It sounds as though you've got straight back into the swing of things and are doing a great job. Your pics look good - so colourful and virtuous! I must try that sweet chilli philly at some point, have heard lots of good things about it.

Keep up the good work and good luck resisting the Papa John's. Proper pizza is one of those things that I really miss, haven't had one in over a year but I suppose it's all for the greater good x

Hi Sara,

I'll pop along and say hello! I'm 'green' too and enjoy looking at other peoples diaries (nosey mare that I am). It sounds as though you've got straight back into the swing of things and are doing a great job. Your pics look good - so colourful and virtuous! I must try that sweet chilli philly at some point, have heard lots of good things about it.

Keep up the good work and good luck resisting the Papa John's. Proper pizza is one of those things that I really miss, haven't had one in over a year but I suppose it's all for the greater good x

Hi Beegee,

Thanks for stopping by! :D At least I know I won't get the cyber people in white coats coming to take me away now for talking to myself :bliss:

Feel free to have a look through my old diaries below, I started SW in November 2009 and pretty much kept a diary every day for a year and then until early this year until I got fed up!

I am resisting Papa Johns at the moment, Hubby isn't happy though as he was starting to enjoy them, mind you he has lost (and kept off) a stone and a half since we started SW, he must have a much faster metabolism than me as I only have to look at something for it to put weight on me!!

I have decided on a lazy tea tonight as Hubby is working late and should be home in the next half hour or so, so its SW Wedges, Quorn Nuggets, Cheese and Beans for tea, with Balsamic Vinegar over the Wedges :D

I will come and have a look at your diary too as I am always looking for new meal ideas!

Woop woop, it is finally payday today!! Last month seems to have gone so slowly and thanks to our early summer and me "cleverly" throwing away all my summer clothes a few months ago (they were all old and needed updating!), I have 2 outfits which I can wear if it is nice so I am off to Liverpool City Centre after work to pick me up some nice summery togs!! My Little lady also seems to have finally moved up a size in some of her clothes (she is 28 months but is only in 12-18m clothes) but she seems to have shot up lately so I am going to pick up a few bits for her! Talking of the little one, I have been buying her a Fudge Bar a few times and she does enjoy chocolate but she would much rather pick at a bowl of fruit! I said to her this morning if she is good for Grandad today I would get her some strawberries which I have so she can have them after her tea tonight!!

I may take pics of me in my new clothes tonight if I manage to buy anything!

Ok I had planned on asking Hubby to make a Greek Meze for tea (it's his turn!) but he is out at band practice so I got to the point where after putting the little lady to bed, I started with the shakes due to no food so I have just made a quick tea and I feel so much better!

Thursday 28th April - Green Day

Lunch: 6 Wholegrain Crackerbread (HEB), with 28g Philly Sweet Chilli (2.5 syns), Cherry Tomatoes, Baby Carrots, Blueberries, Raspberries

Tea: Quorn Tomato and Olive Fillets (2 syns) with 42g Low Low Cheese (HEA) and Uncle Bens Spicy Mexican Rice (3.5 syns) = 5.5 syns

HEA: 2 LCL Triangles/125ml SS Milk, 42g Low Low

Superfree foods:
Cherry Tomatoes, Carrots, Raspberries, Blueberries, Strawberries

Syns:
28g Philly Sweet Chilli (2.5 syns)
Quorn Tomato and Olive Fillets (2 syns)
Uncle Bens Spicy Mexican Rice (3.5 syns)

Tiny bit of Chocolate Easter Egg (5 syns)

Total syns: 13 syns

Leftover syns (15 per day to Thursday eve) = 7.5

Last edited:
SaraC said:
Woop woop, it is finally payday today!! Last month seems to have gone so slowly and thanks to our early summer and me "cleverly" throwing away all my summer clothes a few months ago (they were all old and needed updating!), I have 2 outfits which I can wear if it is nice so I am off to Liverpool City Centre after work to pick me up some nice summery togs!! My Little lady also seems to have finally moved up a size in some of her clothes (she is 28 months but is only in 12-18m clothes) but she seems to have shot up lately so I am going to pick up a few bits for her! Talking of the little one, I have been buying her a Fudge Bar a few times and she does enjoy chocolate but she would much rather pick at a bowl of fruit! I said to her this morning if she is good for Grandad today I would get her some strawberries which I have so she can have them after her tea tonight!!

I may take pics of me in my new clothes tonight if I manage to buy anything!

Thursday 28th April - Green Day

Lunch: 6 Wholegrain Crackerbread (HEB), with 28g Philly Sweet Chilli (2.5 syns), Cherry Tomatoes, Baby Carrots, Blueberries, Raspberries

Tea: tbc

HEA: 2 LCL Triangles/125ml SS Milk, 42g Mozzarella

Superfree foods: Cherry Tomatoes, Carrots, Raspberries, Blueberries, Strawberries

Syns: 28g Philly Sweet Chilli (2.5 syns)

Total syns: tbc syns

Leftover syns (15 per day to Thursday eve) = 20.5 (tbc)

Ooooooh love shopping!!! Hope you got some good stuff!!xx

Ooooooh love shopping!!! Hope you got some good stuff!!xx

Hiya!

I got 2 maxi dresses, 2 pairs of 3/4 length leggings, 2 vest tops, a 3/4 tunic top thing and 2 other tops all for the grand total of £70!! 2 of the tops were reduced to £5.40 each in Debenhams and the rest I got from Peacocks, I never spend much on myself unless I am going somewhere special but can spend money on my daughter without thinking!! I got her 3 pairs of shorts, 3 tops, 3 dresses and a summery outfit, eeek!

I might get Hubby to take photo's of me in some of the outfits tomorrow and if I am brave enough I may u/l them hehe!!

What isn't a good idea when you are slimming? To order freshly made cupcakes perhaps? Ermmm...... see the attached pictures!!!

There is a lady who lives near us who does the most amazing cupcakes, I had some made for Hubby's 30th birthday last week and they were absolutely divine!! Hopefully Hubby and the little lady will polish most of them off but I have found that a chocolate cupcake is 10.5 syns so I will assume that these are the same?

Attachments

• image-1430109644.jpg
    image-1430109644.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 41
  • image-4277257955.jpg
    image-4277257955.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 43
SaraC said:
What isn't a good idea when you are slimming? To order freshly made cupcakes perhaps? Ermmm...... see the attached pictures!!!

There is a lady who lives near us who does the most amazing cupcakes, I had some made for Hubby's 30th birthday last week and they were absolutely divine!! Hopefully Hubby and the little lady will polish most of them off but I have found that a chocolate cupcake is 10.5 syns so I will assume that these are the same?

OMG! Lush!!! They look so lovely!!! Yum yum yum!! If you've got some spare maybe use your syns for one....!!! Super free and free foods for rest if day!!x

SaraC said:
Hiya!

I got 2 maxi dresses, 2 pairs of 3/4 length leggings, 2 vest tops, a 3/4 tunic top thing and 2 other tops all for the grand total of £70!! 2 of the tops were reduced to £5.40 each in Debenhams and the rest I got from Peacocks, I never spend much on myself unless I am going somewhere special but can spend money on my daughter without thinking!! I got her 3 pairs of shorts, 3 tops, 3 dresses and a summery outfit, eeek!

I might get Hubby to take photo's of me in some of the outfits tomorrow and if I am brave enough I may u/l them hehe!!

Bargain!!! Love photos, put some up!!x

I'm okay. Having a few life stresses at the mo, with uni and everything so slimming seems to be on hold atm. Still haven't got to target but hey ho :4633: One day..

The buns are fine :) we had to take them away with is on the weekend and they were so well behaved :)

img0744ni.jpg
img0758ku.jpg

Glad to hear your little miss is doing well! and good luck TTC soon :D

xxxx

Ahh bless them, they are sooo adorable!! I have my friend's Hen Party in 9 weeks so I want to try and shift this 12lb and get down to target before then, we will see!

Have you decided to take a 6 month break from Uni? Have you found a house/flat closer to home too? Hope it all goes well for you.

Little lady is very funny, she is only 28 months but already back chats us, she has a really short temper too, the wonder of the terrible 2's!!

Last edited:
Right I am starting the syns again as my usual WI day is a Friday, I haven't WI this morning as I only did on Tuesday so next Friday will be the next one. I have treated myself to one of the cupcakes whilst watching the Royal Wedding so that's most of my syns gone for the day!!

I am so excited about this weekend as we're now going to Oulton Park on Monday to watch British Superbikes (Motorbike racing). We have been the past few years and we wanted to go camping there this weekend but Hubby has a gig on Sunday so we're going to get up bright and early on Monday, take a picnic and off we go, I am excited!!! :D:D

Updated - had a BBQ for tea and although I made good choices (no bread etc) I still clocked up 9 syns for tea! Now me & Hubby are having a few drinkies now the little lady is in bed!

Friday 29th April - Green Day

Breakfast: None :sigh:

Wedding Snack: Cupcake (10.5 syns)

Lunch: Baked Potato with 42g Low Low Cheese (HEA), Red Onion and Salad (Lettuce, Watercress) and Quorn Peppered Steak.

Tea: BBQ - BBQ'd Peppers & Mushrooms, 3 Quorn Sausages, 1 Quorn Chilli Beef style burger (3 syns), 28g Halloumi (4.5 syns), 1 tbsp Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5 syns) - 9 syns

Drinks: 2l water with NAS squash, Tea (1/2 HEA for SS milk), Diet Coke, 2 double Vodka & Diet Lemonade (10 syns)

HEA: 42g Low Low, 125ml SS Milk/2 LCL Triangles

HEB: 2 Alpen Light Bars, 2 Pieces WW Bread

Superfree foods: Red Onion, Lettuce, Watercress
, Peppers, Mushrooms

Syns:
Cupcake (10.5 syns)
2 Double Vodkas & Diet Lemonade (10 syns)
Syns in tea - (9 syns)

Total syns: 29.5 syns

Leftover syns 75.5/105

Last edited:
OMG! Lush!!! They look so lovely!!! Yum yum yum!! If you've got some spare maybe use your syns for one....!!! Super free and free foods for rest if day!!x

Hi!!

Yeah I had one whilst watching the Royal Wedding with a cup of tea (how very British haha!!), it was SOOO worth the syns, yummm!!

The wedding was amazing, her dress was just beautiful and they make such a cute couple. Prince Harry makes me laugh too, he's such a cheeky one!

can i say your diary was a bit of an inspiration to me. have gone back onto my asda delivery and ordered some crackerbread, laughing cow lights and cherry tomatoes - i will have ham as not veggie and wow i remember it being a fab lunch - now to wait for my delivery on sunday thanks hon

can i say your diary was a bit of an inspiration to me. have gone back onto my asda delivery and ordered some crackerbread, laughing cow lights and cherry tomatoes - i will have ham as not veggie and wow i remember it being a fab lunch - now to wait for my delivery on sunday thanks hon

Hi Ronnie, glad to hear I could be of help and thanks for stopping by! :) I LOVE crackerbreads, I think they're really nice and they're filling too which is good! I eat cherry tomatoes like sweets, I have a large punnet on my desk in work and sit picking at them throughout the afternoon, people think I am weird but hey ho!!

If you haven't already, take a look at my old diaries on the links below as I did SW for over a year before I fell off the wagon!! There are lots of different ideas on there!

We're going to have a BBQ tonight and I'm just going to have the burgers and sausages with a bit of sauce, I am off to polish my halo!! :p

I have just done our online shop for the next week, for those who order from Asda who haven't yet done the Asda Price Guarantee, I well recommend it, we have got vouchers back from them for the total of £8 in the past few weeks, better in our pockets than theirs I think!!

Anyway, I have planned meals from Monday onwards and a picnic for the BSB race on Monday!! Here are the plans below:

Lunch Ideas

Picnic for Monday - Wholemeal Buns with Low Low and Onion, Frazzle crisps, Alpen Lights, Fruit, Pasta n Sauce, Cous Cous

Salad with Quorn Fillets
Crackerbreads with Sweet Chilli Philly
Leftovers!

Tea Ideas

Roast with Quorn fillets, Veg, Aunt Bessie's Homebake Yorkshires and Gravy

Quorn Peppered Steaks, Giant Mushrooms stuffed with Philly Light, Poached Eggs

Mushy Pea Curry & Rice

Strozzapretti Pasta (which has quickly become a favourite in our household, yummm!)

Quorn Burger in bun, SW wedges and salad

Quorn Shepherds Pie

Quorn fajitas with refried beans and mexican rice

Quite a Green based week but I am happy with that as it is * week next week and I will be craving carbs!

Let me know what you think!

Back