beccas diary

amelia was the last couple of days was waking every 2 hours for a fed all thru day and night,and if she didnt wake i was waking her in day to c if she wud go longer thru night bt wasnt wrking so yday i didnt wake her in day and she went four hours inbetween then she had a feed at 12.15 and after tha she woke every hour.i want to try and get her to go longer thru night as i nt getting any sleep.any ideas wud be helpful???

Sorry hun, wish I had some answers for you. I know that doesn't help, how was she last night? Is she getting enough milk do you think? When do you see hv or mw? x

amelia will be a week old at 2 in the morn,it has flown by.but been Very hard week.
i gt discharged from the hospital wed where i had a terrible time with the care.the delivery midwives were great bit after that the staff were terrible.they told me to stay in 1night as i was bf and i a ftm jus so they can help etc and not one person came to c me,also wen i asked for something they ignored me.before leaving the hospital i made a complaint as they had also lost my notes as they had put on the computer system that i was discharges on the 12th and i wasnt discharged till the 13th.
to makebit worse since being home not one health visitor has been out to check on us and its nearly a week.i phoned agan yday to complaim again as i am disgusted with the system.
my stitches havent been checked or nothing and baby hasnt been checked or weighed etc.

That is appalling, make sure you keep complaining, your a ftm which doesn't mean you don't know what your doing but they need to make sure someone is available for you to ask questions and get help if you need it, I think a weeks to long for them not to have sent someone out to you. I'd be fuming hun. They can't expect you just to get on with it. That's not fair, and you don't want your first memories of birth and aftercare to be stressful. I hope they send someone out to you soon, and someone decent at that x

Hi Becca, the health visitors dont usually come to see you till your baby is 2 wks and then they just turn up, as for mw they usually visit you the day after you came home from hospital and on day 5 as they need to weigh Amelia to check her weight most babies weigh less than birth and to do heal prick test. I would call the maternity unit and say you havent had any visits. Hope you had a better nights sleep hun x

i meant mw nt heslth visitor ha.someone just been out to c me and amelia and luckily enough we doing great.
she has gained 1 n half pound which is great and mw sed i feeding well.
my stitches are healing well and wer on road to recovery.
gt a better sleep for first time last night ,but mw did say we will have up and down days.
we are taking the complaint further as if we hadnt of rang last night for a mw to come out i wouldnt of seen anyone as i wasnt on the system

Thanks, hope so. Hubby thinks she'll come on 21st day before she is due, my mum thinks I'll go into labour Fri morn day I'm due just in time to miss my sweep lol x

It'll be interesting to see if Sunday is right :) hope the next week goes quickly for you x

Me 2 I'm bored Terri im
Bored I might paint the stairs it's half done I might do that tomorow lol si taking Charlie over golf now so I have more time lol I'm
Going to iron get that out the way with

How old is Charlie? I think I'll be staying in tomorrow even if Jack drives me mad wanting to go to grandma's. Just had a half hour nap then Jack woke up now I feel rubbish, trying to motivate myself for hubby getting in x

Charlie is 4 and a half he honestly is such a good boy never ever had trouble with him he gets on with it I bet I get a naughty baby this time lol x

I bet I do too lol, but at least it'll just be one and not both playing up, Jack couldn't be any more well behaved x

Arrr we r both lucky then we just got to involve the boys loads when baby comes I
Hate if ch got jealous that break my heart c

Ah I know, it'd tear me apart if he was left out or got upset when I was with baby x

amelia was up all through night last night so reallu done in ,she was constantly feeding. the mw told me to never wake her to feed leave here till she wakes.i have done tha today and she been aslee since she last fed at 11.30 which i wish she wud do thru night

Back