beccas diary

Ah bless her, maybe she's getting her days and nights mixed up. Hopefully soon she'll go longer at night and be awake in day. Have you caught up on some sleep today while she's been down? x

thats what im hoping but i jus dont know how long i can take it being like this.ive no energy at all,people keep askin me have i been out yet but how can i wen u tryin to sleep in day wen she dus as gting nothing thru nyt.
oh having to sleep on couch to make sure he gets sum sleep as in day he looking after her and doing all house chores.
ive tried diff ways of times of feeding etc to c if she will go longer thru nyt bt nthin wrkin

I know it's frustrating and it's a million times worse when your tired, but it's only been a week - granted it must seem like a lot longer to you but she'll find her routine soon. Just keep trying, that's all you can do til something works x

Hi Becca, where does lil amelia sleep during the night? when Hollie was that age I found it easier to have hollie sleep with me and now I put her to sleep in her moses basket next to my bed and she usually wakes up about 5ish for feed then goes back off so then I keep in bed wiv me til morning, my other 2 girls were bottle fed an they slept much better during the night. Have you thought about expressing some milk so oh cud help out with night feeds. I wud say if you get chance take Amelia out for a walk in her pram the fresh air may benifit her, she probably be asleep while she's out but it still do you both good, just remember she's very young it takes time for them to get into a routine.
Hollie wants to be cuddled all the time and its so hard with having another lo to look after to but we getting there, last night I was up all night with my toddler and then finally got her to sleep and then Hollie wakes up and I had to get up early to get the girls ready, to take my older child to school and then got there and she couldnt stay cos she's not been well but they wanted her back today! what im tryin to say is ur not alone we all have good and bad days hun think your doin really well with breastfeeding its not easy xx

she sleeps in her moses,i dnt want to put her in our bed incase we in deep sleeps and roll on her.thatts.wat i wud luv her to do sleep til 5 so cn gt lil sleep.r u bf hollie.?how long does it nrm take for them to go longer thru nyt wen bf?

when did u introduce the formula aswel hun ? and do u alternate the bf and bottle? first few days she fed for around 20mins now she feeding for Bout 40-60mins.

40-60 mins is a good feed and to gain 1.5lbs is really good, it took Hollie about 6 wks till she gained that much so Amelia must be doing really well.

I gave Hollie some formula once got home from hospital my first night bk I was really ill hun I didnt have enough pain relief for my section scar so I cudnt physically feed her as I was being sick ur meant to wean of codine but instead they sent me home with just paracetmol which doesnt do much for you, anyway Hollie lost about 10 oz and she didnt feed to long on breast only 5 mins at time so needed to top her up with formula and it helped with her jaundice aswell but after few days I started mix feeding so some feeds she will have a formula feed and then I will give her breast feed in evenings and during the night but last 2 weeks she started wanted more feeds from the breast during the day.

How you getting on during the night with Amelia x

how often did hollie feed thru nyt at first?and how long did it tke for her to go longa thru nyt? amelia was bit better thru nyt last nyt, part of the prob is me i fink.i hesr her makin noises and pik her up to feed,i thunk its cz i dnt like waitin til she cries as it stresses me.
to proove a point tho,at 6.30 dis mrn i,thought she was wakin so i went,to pik her up n oh sed,leave her she nt cryin,so,i,left her and she went bk asleeo til 8.45

Your oh is right try and wait for her to cry before picking her up sometimes they just go back to sleep, Hollie used to wake up every 2-3 hrs but once she started feeding better in the day she was sleeping longer during the night from around 3-4 wks she use to wake up twice and now she usually wakes up between 4-5 for feeding and then goes back to sleep. But sometimes she might have a bad nite and wake up more often x

How you feeling in urself now x

i just gt stressed out if she cries,i rhink it cz i a ftm.
some nyt she constant feedin and some cn b every hour.last nyt was better tho.i tryin to feed her mre of an evening so she gies thru nyt better
at the mo cz i hardly sleepin i gt no energy n feeling emotional a lot
people kerp sayin to go out here n ther n dnt feel up to it yet
went for lil walk yday n tha was nice
is it jus me hu feels like this?

i think in a few mre days it will gt easier,and wil have mre energy to do mre.
i have used an elec breast pumo an expressed lil bit if milk tnyt,only 2oz but oh gna try her with lil bit out of bottle tnyt and c how she takes to it n if she dus,will express mre tmz that way mite mke bit ea

last nyt amelia fed at 11 then 2.30 which oh gve her bottle tha id expressed,then 4.30 theb 9.
this was a much better nyt for feeding and i gt some sleep.
still wary and keep jumpin up wen she mkin noises bt ive learnt to leave her unless she cries

ye it defo getting better and i starting to feel like i cud get up and about more now but the westher here is awful.
i going to try keep doin wt av done last two days as it seems to b wrkin better
ive expressed agen tday aswell so oh cn gve her last feed.it ended up bou 1 in mrn last nyt so gna try do bou 11.
can only try diff things.

how many oz does a newborn norm take from a bottle?
im bf but ive expressedso oh cn give her last feed,however it sll in one bottle and want to pt it into storage pots so dont waste any,

she had 3oz at 11 then didnt wke until 3 then fed til 4 n wke at 8.she doin so much better thru nyt now.
finfing expresding easy as using an elec pump

yday i gt up at 7.30 with my princess and she fed constant all day in n off.she sleo fo two hours in dsy bt wke to carry on feeding in evening,she finally settled at 10.40 last night and slept til 3,

Back