beccas diary

I no plenty of people who do it and it been ok, it is crushed into the tiniest particles u can't even c it in the bottle. If I thought I was going to harm her I wouldn't do it.

Well Hollie is 5 mths and so far formula as been plenty for her on a good day she will take around 24 oz which isnt alot for her age but she's a good size, healthy and fed on demand. I think if she was a hungry baby I wud of just gave her extra formula. I'm going start weaning her now I think babies find it easier to start before their 6 mths and we can take our time with it x

Amelia has 5 feeds a day and has around 25oz a day and I just put half a teaspoon of rusk in her last bottle . I am going to wait a few more weeks and then when she ready start giving her a little baby rice through day.

oasis6918 said:
Naomi takes baby rice because extra formula doesn't fill her its not easier for me

Sorry what I was saying was that I have had to give in to baby rice because extra formula doesn't fill her, it's not easier for me to wean her early but on some of the mummy forums women get accused of weaning earlier than needed cos its easier for the parents which isn't fair on the child which I think for weaning early its more expensive, its more time consuming, there's more chance baby will mess around with meals, more chance of allergies etc it's so much easier for me if she'd just take more formula but she won't. Also for every 10 people that agree with the way something is done there'll be another 15 that disagree, I think it's really hard to know what advice to take when your stuck with something. I just try and go by the rule 'mummy knows best'.

Anyhow been stuck in all day waiting for a parcel that came when I was writing my original post, they came to the door as my mum came back with Jack and all hell broke loose :) I never even remembered I was in the middle of something xx

Naomi has had 26oz's today and will have at least another 14oz's before bed :) she gets weighed Thursday, dread to think what she weighs now x

Ah. Tell me about it! Naomi should be in her cot but I'm not ready lol, I'll be in and out her room all night x

Sorry I should of explained myself better I was just talking about Hollie, as you know she had bad colic and milk reflux so hungry baby milk or baby rice wudnt of done her any good I had to change her formula to comfort milk as it easier for her to digest. Of course every baby is different when Emily was a baby I weaned her at 16 wks which was the weaning age then, but there's no way she would of lasted 6 mths so I wud of started her off on some baby rice! and maisie I weaned her at 6mths I have had 3 babies and they've all been different but got go with wots right for ur baby.

I use to be a nursery nurse so it can be so annoying when people offer me advice especially when they had their babies about 20 yrs ago! as for hv I always double check as often they do get things wrong.

I felt so sad putting Hollie in her cot the first night, they grow way to fast but she loves her cot, much more space for her to play. When Naomi in her cot if ur like me ur be up all night just checking her x

I was the same with Jack everytime I woke up I'd jump outta bed and sprint to his room, hubby used to ask what was up and why the big rush but I was just paranoid, I know if I'm asleep then it makes no difference if she's in my room or not I just would hate for me not to hear her if she needed me x

Yeah I think I will for the first few nights to get her used to her surroundings, then put her in the cot just by herself x

Recent piccies

Attachments

• image-735676541.jpg
    image-735676541.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 49
  • image-83262204.jpg
    image-83262204.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 39
  • image-677531804.jpg
    image-677531804.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 43
Back