Beginners' Running Challenge - for those of us for whom running does not come easy

Pplymscuba...you are dong a fantastic job!,,

Been out for a hot and sticky 2.7 miles..next run Thursday (with a bit of luck ill go a bit further)

Out running again tonight....
tuesday 2.7 miles.
thursday 8.5 miles.
total so far 11.2 miles.

Next run Saturday

Well done Shrimp. People at work are wanting to start a women's jogging club so I guess that will be my next task! I'm not going to be running now until after I get back fom America. I will no doubt put on weight when I'm there and come back motivated to lose it!

Out running again tonight....
tuesday 2.7 miles.
thursday 8.5 miles.
Saturday 9 miles
total so far 20.2 miles

Next run Either Sunday or Monday but it will just be a short on.....I need my legs to have a little rest.

God idea Lynne...we need some Philly motivation!

2 runs done at butlins in this horrid heat! Only did it to escape for a bit of quiet time!
good for checking new places out and getting your bearings though.

Well done...

the heat got to me on my run...not a nice experience

Circuits for me tonight, fancy doing something different!

Well done Shrimp - I had a run like that last week. 45min hilly run in the blistering heat, not nice at all x

Everyone is doing so well! I really need to start exercising when I get back from holiday.

Circuits last night and went for 30min run in the blistering heat today. About all I could manage! My gps thingy told me I did my fastest mile today - 8.15 min mile. Pleased with that although that must have been a downhill or flat mile, even so quite pleased.

Blooming heck that is fantastic. Well done you

First run I've done in 3 weeks and I'm ruined! Only did 3.6km and it pretty much killed me in the 30 minutes I was out. X

4.2km in 34 minutes. Probably one if my better runs of late x

: Beginners' Running Challenge - for those of us for whom running does not come easy

Can I please join this? I've recently completed c25k but despite running for 30 mins I have yet to complete a full 5k! Closest I've come is 4.5k! So need some support upping my speed! I'm only 5ft tall and despite nearly loosing 4st so far I still have a long way to go to be "fit&healthy"!

Can I please join this? I've recently completed c25k but despite running for 30 mins I have yet to complete a full 5k! Closest I've come is 4.5k! So need some support upping my speed! I'm only 5ft tall and despite nearly loosing 4st so far I still have a long way to go to be "fit&healthy"!

Hi kaz! Well
Done so far! Amazing weight loss and running. Xx

Oh 5kms still evades me! I'm running for 30 mins but just not achieving the distance! I use a pedometer to measure distance and according to that I average 4.5kms. Which I am obviously delighted with - NEVER did I or any friends and family believe I could do that but now I'm there I would really like to hit that 5kms mark! More speed needed but at the mo I just don't gave it to give!

Back