Beginners' Running Challenge - for those of us for whom running does not come easy

Just managed a 3.84 mile run in 36.42 mins. Felt tired and heavy although it was lovely and sunny out, so always helps. Seeing lots of people sat outside bars drinking did not however!!! :cry:

Just managed a 3.84 mile run in 36.42 mins. Felt tired and heavy although it was lovely and sunny out, so always helps. Seeing lots of people sat outside bars drinking did not however!!! :cry:
Well done. That's an impressive time. Also, well done for not joining those outside the bars!

Looks like everyone is doing well :D

Went for my first 6 mile run today and survived! I ran at an average pace of 12.41 which I am very happy with :D

Looks like everyone is doing well :D

Went for my first 6 mile run today and survived! I ran at an average pace of 12.41 which I am very happy with :D

That's excellant. Well done!

6 miles, that's fab!

i did just under 5 miles in 44 mins tonight. A few big hills too so quite pleased with that! Really want to lose the last 2lbs to reach my goal for June, plus that will put me in the 'normal' bracket for bmi, not that I think it's a great indicator of anything!! X

Well done both of you!

Another tuesday means another week of running begins!

Did 4 miles this morning at an average pace of 12.22 which I am really happy with, plus I am getting much better at running uphill :D

You're really coming on. Well done!

You are all doing brilliantly!

One week done with no running!

so one week to go until I can run again!

bought some new trainers to celebrate....and changed brand to brooks ( I normally get asics)

Bet you're looking forward to running again! I have brookes shoes but haven't been using them much!

Morning Ladies :)

Another 4 miles done this morning and I am over the moon that I managed it at an average pace of 12.07 :eek: my fastest mile was actually the last one which I ran at 11.38 including an uphill finish:eek:

3 weeks on sunday till the olympic park run and if I can get my average pace down to 11.59 or less then I will complete it in just under an hour which would be amazing!

Fulltum that is great..you are well on track.

Lynne I can't wait to start running 4 days to go...but it's going to be tough for the first few runs

Shrimp - Bet you must be itching to get back into it!

I am following a training programme for a novice half marathon and today was supposed to be a 5k race but as there was none happening near me I just went for a 5k run, I was trying to push it but it felt like I was going really slow so I was amazed when I got home and discovered that I had ran at an average pace of 11.52 :D

Looking forward to a new week of running with a programme of 4.5 miles/ 3 miles/ 4.5 miles/7 miles

Hope everyone else is doing well too x

I can't wait to get my runners back on. I am sure I will struggle at first my plan is to do 2.7 mile walk on Tuesday evening and then a nice slow 2.7 mile run on Wednesday evening. Then maybe out again Thursday or Friday. I am hoping to do a longer run next weekend. But not sure how far I dare to go....

my friend that I do my long run with is not running at the moment either as she fell last week and split her head open.

Well that's the plan fingers crossed

10k race for life done! Whoop whoop. Took me 90 minutes which isn't great and wasn't what I was aiming for but the amount of stopping I had to do because of groups of people walking! Next year in going in the runners category at least then there will be no body trying to run and walking after 500m xx

I feel sooooo slow and sluggish on my runs lately! Did manage a 4k run today but it was hard work. I did run up a horrid hill without stopping so pleased about that!

well done on your race beautiful bride! X

Back