Beginners' Running Challenge - for those of us for whom running does not come easy

Beautiful...well done on your 10k

i have walked 1.6 miles... So started to get back into running

Well done on the 10k beautiful bride

Plymscuba are you actually running slower or just feel it? I have felt slow the last couple of runs but am actually run at a good speed for me.

Shrimp hope you easing back into things well

Well its the start of another week of my plan and it steps up a fair bit this week!
Been out for a 4.5 miler and ran at an average pace of 11.52 again which I am really pleased with as I felt quite sluggish this morning! I didnt sleep brilliantly last night so that may be part of it.
The plan for the rest of the week is wednesday 3 miles, thursday 4.5 miles and saturday 7 miles :eek:

Wow Fultram - thats impressive mileage. I have a mental block even thiking about going over 4 miles!! Not sure why, strange really.

I am generally running a little faster (15 secs per mile), but just lately feel awful and tired! Suffering with headaches and hayfever so might be contributing to that x

Well done everyone! We are all doing really well.

Today's run didn't go as planned, I pulled my leg 1k into my 5k run so walked the next 1.5 :( so a measly 2.5k for tonight, was also feeling rather tired early on so maybe it's for the best. X

How is your leg now :(

Plymscuba - I used to think I would never manage more than 3k but once I pushed myself through it, it was fine. Saying that I am always nervous before a new mileage so am already worrying a little about saturday lol

Beautifulbride - Go steady with the leg as you dont want to agrievate it , best to take a few days off and heal up x

Hi to everyone else xx

Well did another 3 miles this morning at an average pace of 12.04 which is a little slow but I was working last night and only got 6 hours sleep so Im pretty happy. Also tried to break my foot last night by dropping 3 plates on it! Luckily I only bruised the top!

Its my eldest's 7th Birthday tonight so I need to make the last layer of his cake (made the other 2 yesterday) and decorate it

Been out for that 2.8 mile run that I have been looking forward to tonight. Back in training and it felt good!

next run tomorrow.

Plymscuba - I used to think I would never manage more than 3k but once I pushed myself through it, it was fine. Saying that I am always nervous before a new mileage so am already worrying a little about saturday lol

Beautifulbride - Go steady with the leg as you dont want to agrievate it , best to take a few days off and heal up x

Hi to everyone else xx

Well did another 3 miles this morning at an average pace of 12.04 which is a little slow but I was working last night and only got 6 hours sleep so Im pretty happy. Also tried to break my foot last night by dropping 3 plates on it! Luckily I only bruised the top!

Its my eldest's 7th Birthday tonight so I need to make the last layer of his cake (made the other 2 yesterday) and decorate it

You are a machine woman! X

Shrimp- Bet it felt good to hit the road again :D good luck with the training x

BeautifulBride - Not a machine but a mother of 3 which means Im used to being on the go non stop lol, infact running is great as I actually get some time on my own without being pestered by a child for an hour lol

Been for my 4.5 miler this morning and within the first mile I could tell it wasnt going to be a fast one! I think its running 3 days in a row that gets me but due to work its difficult to alter the schedule :( oh well I still managed 12.16 which isnt horrendous I suppose and at least I went out and did it.

It has made me a bit more nervous of saturday though when Im supposed to run 7 miles!

Your doing really well. Take it stead 12 minute miles is good for training on race day you will naturally speed up!

i have been out again tonight and done 2.7 miles...and you are right it's good to be out running again. The 2 weeks off has been good for any recovery that I needed. I feel refreshed. Not running now until Sunday and not sure how far I will go.

Shrimp - yeah I guess its not too bad considering im still over 15st and a beginner lol hope your run tomorrow goes well x

Been out for my first ever 7 mile run this morning :) so glad I went so early as its already getting really warm! I managed to run at an average pace of 12.08 which im pretty happy with :)

Thats my running done for this week :) hope everyone has a good weekend xx

Whoop...that is a brilliant distance and time!

i got a bolster last night wearing my sandals :(

i am not sure about going for a run tonight? I am planning a big run tomorrow but feel the need for a couple of miles tonight

This weeks running diary.

wednesday 2.8 miles.
thursday 2.7 miles.
sunday 4.8 miles.
weekly total 10.3 miles next weeks challenge +15 miles

Wow you 2 are like running superstars! Well done ladies.

i have not felt like running all week due to headaches, then when I finally got out fri night, I had a sulky boy with me, so that was basically a non run really, which was a shame as I felt good :-(
but I did manage a lovey coastal 4 miler yesterday, with some hills and managed to keep my pace to under 10 min miles so quite pleased with that.

i like your idea of a running diary shrimp. Not something I think to do or plan?

Wow you 2 are like running superstars! Well done ladies.

i have not felt like running all week due to headaches, then when I finally got out fri night, I had a sulky boy with me, so that was basically a non run really, which was a shame as I felt good :-(
but I did manage a lovey coastal 4 miler yesterday, with some hills and managed to keep my pace to under 10 min miles so quite pleased with that.

i like your idea of a running diary shrimp. Not something I think to do or plan?

Very jealous of your 10 minute miles! I dream of being able to do that lol

Didnt make it out this morning as couldnt get to sleep last night and then when I did I was having weird dreams and tossing and turning all night :(
Going to take a step off the training plan this week and just do a few short runs to suit me and then back on it next week with a vengence :D

I do have a few spare weeks so it wont make a massive difference and it might do me good to rest up a bit

I managed a 5 miler in the blistering heat yesterday at 4.30pm!! Wouldn't have chosen to do at that time, but have to plan around my partner playing squash. I then got to dive into a lush cold pool - heaven :D

Ooh just realised I went running Fri, Sat and Monday and yesterdays really hot run 4.81 miles I did in 45 minutes so quite pleased!

Back