Benefibre and Ketostix

Has anyone tried Bene-Fibre instead of Psyllium Husks to help them be regular..? Sorry i wouldnt ask delicate questions its just the pharamist at asda wouldnt sell them to me when i mentioned i was on a VLCD as the doctor hadnt authorised this.. has any else foud this problem? and the same with ketostix wouldnt sell them to me?!.. :(

so i took to the shelves and found bene-fibre.. not sure if it does the same thing so i hope it works!!!

I don't know about psyllium husks (i've actually been using dulcolax maybe once a week so far), but i think it's terrible they refused to sell you ketostix! I don't really understand that at all. The last VLCD i was on required that you use ketostix and get the results confirmed by either a dr /pharmacist/nurse, so i wouldn't have thought it was a strange request.

As far as i remember, psyllium husks can be bought from any of the herby/vitamin type shops like holland and barrett, etc. And Ketostix can easily be bought online very cheaply. I got mine from Amazon. Might be best to do it this way ;)

It's not uncommon for pharmacists not to sell you ketostix for a VLCD. Mainly because theyre not designed for people on diets Boots are the Worst gor that. They're doing you a favour anyway - you dont need them ;)

Back