Bikini in Oz- I'm coming to get you!

Well done, 3lbs is great. Hope your meals lovely Xx :) :) :)

Gosh ladies,it's seems as if I am struggling with the same issues as a lot of you this week.

I'm cold,PMS'ing,grumpy,tired etc...and I really want toast!!!Its awful..,,

In eating more protein than I should be,skipping packs to eat protein and general picking of everything I can get my hands on( convincing myself that I'm only picking so that's not eating,WTF??)

I need to do what Clinquant has suggested,write down all the reasons why I'm doing this and re-assess my whole approach. ( oh and stop watching the Hairy Bikers!)

It's only food...it'll always be here even if I stop for a while....

Sorry you are there too. I don't think we are dragging each other down I think it's genuinely miserable.

They keep repeating the - pre diet - Hairy Bikers. The other day was a white chocolate caramel cheesecake which was about as much fat and sugar as you could get to collide in one recipe. I do find cookery programmes strangely comforting though so I will continue watching.

as C said....you are not alone...its been the week of the grumps for sure all around...the weather, super January and of course not getting to comfort ourselves with the stuff that brought us all here isn't helping our moods as we try to keep going....i might book a holiday to cheer myself up lol xx

Thanks ladies,

I'm with you on the holidays MrsFTB...We're waiting for hubby to get word when this project he's currently on will finish -we normally go for 2 weeks at the start of July but he reckons he'll be coming right to the end at that stage...obviously we have to fit them in with school holidays too...I can't even decide where to go this year so any suggestions for a family of 4 ( 2 kids 8 and 5) greatly appreciated:)

The way I'm feeling today I'm thinking I'll start with a clear head and a new determination at the weekend( which coincides with the start of February) and then keep at it until my weekend away on 7th March.The only night off will be my birthday in mid Feb.Im actually thinking of getting hubby to weigh me again to shame me into sticking to it!

PMS has turned me into a complete nutter today...

We'll God loves a trier and I just have to keep on trying,don't I?

i live for holidays! However i am dreaming if i think i can squeeze in a holiday before our wedding in Thailand as money doesn't grow on trees lol.

Deffo starting browsing holiday options...it will make you smile knowing that you will be get there and be slimmer too.

I have the same chats with myself when i get bored of a diet...January being an extra long month really doesn't help...but you only have a couple more days to go and its a new slate with a new month :) xx

Hey Lainey,

Sorry to hear you have yucky pms on top of the food demons!

Maybe try low carbing for the next couple of days and then come 1st Feb start afresh with a clear head?!
I've had to set a strict mindset for myself as I have 4 weekends in a row of social eating events and don't want the ketosis to-ing and fro-ing all the time. But when I try eating 'normally' or low carb I find myself wandering to the dark side. This week I'm going to try 2 days of SnS and the rest low carb. I did yesterday which was bloody hard and will aim to do tomorrow. Keeping it simple. 4 packs and 4 litres of water. Nothing else.
I am so insane with food that I actually put a post it note on the fridge door saying 'No! 4 packs only for today!' AND a note inside the fridge!! A note on the kitchen counter and a note on my SnS goodies box! Just a constant reminder to literally do it for 24 hours. I skulked off to bed feeling hungry but happy that I managed it. Today's been low carb but higher calories and hopefully I'll either maintain my weight or chip a tiny bit more off.
Obviously now that mother natures arrived with her monthly gift you'll not be in the mood for the internal battle of hunger too, so if you like I can pm you my low carb recipe for mocha brownies from my cookbook. I don't wanna post it on here and make people drool as it's not fair. But they 'might' help with the pms!

Xx

Thank you Sammy,that recipe sounds gooood!!!

Yes,I'm really battling demons this week,not just with food but with loads of things happening in my life.It proves a point though-if my life in General is a bit all over the place,so is my diet.

I have a very early start tomorrow with another one of those 3 hour commutes so I'm off to bed,just gulped a pint of water.....again it goes to show,half the time I'm thirsty,not hungry,?.

I really don't know what I would be like if I didn't have this outlet-thanks for putting up with the rants and raves xx

That's what we're here for ;) Xx

How are getting on hun?xx

Hi MrsFTB,thanks for checking in..

I had a major blip during the week-my head was all over the place and I couldn't focus on getting things organized. So I tried low carbing for a few days,knowing I had a chocolate workshop on Saturday with a friend.It was lovely but we tasted what was made which was obviously not low carb?!!!

So fresh start today and I was actually looking forward to getting back into a routine.I watched the Channel 4 Documentary last week-Sugar v Fat and it scared the heck out of me.There is a history of diabetes in my family and I know I need to prevent it for myself and for my kids so this extra weight needs to go now.I know that 1.5 to 2 stone may not seem a lot to lose to some people but I'm only 5ft 3 so I feel every extra pound!!I had planned on a run/walk today but there's a gale force wind and rain outside so it's either workout video or wait until the storm clears later to get out there-either way I'm doing it!!

Back to day 1 again-porridge pack down so far,water and coffee.....roll on Ketosis?

I watched the Sugar v Fat too. I know I'd rather take my chance with the fat than the sugar but agree those combinations are where it's really hard to stop. And I guess chocolate is one of those!!

Hope the break helped you get a few things out of your system. Good luck with getting back on - there are a few day 1's today so you are in good company. Must have been the relentlessness of January and the weather that finally got to everyone. I was only hanging on by the skin of my teeth.

Oh I didn't see the documentary. I'll see if I can get it on catch up tv.

Well done for getting back on it today. It's so easy to say to hell with it and go back to old habits, and so hard to actually jump back on the wagon and do this diet, so well done for choosing the harder option.

Back to basics - distraction distraction distraction :) Xx

Thank you ladies,I really appreciate the support.

I'm just so fed up stopping and starting...I know I only have myself to blame but if I'm serious about getting this weight off I need to stay focused and get it over with-I have my trip to Manchester with my sisters on March 7th and I want to feel as if I can enjoy myself without the focus being on food all the time.Surely "normal" people don't plan their days around what and where to eat?I need to learn to not feel guilty about food but it's a struggle in a daily basis....I'm sure we've all felt like this at some stage.Why is it so difficult to think rationally when it comes to food??

I had a cheese pasta pack at lunch with some broccoli and cauliflower and it was yummy.I had completely gone off these packs but it was nice for a change.

Tea will be a warm shake,then bar left for tonight.Ive also had a brisk 45 minute walk and a 15 minute weights/toning session.I really am an all or nothing girl!

Wow you've thrown yourself right into it! Well done!!

I think to be honest people like us will ALWAYS have to think about food. I think even with maintenance we'll always be having to think carefully - however I'm sure down the line it'll (hopefully) become a habit and we won't even realise we're making good decisions. I think I'll always feel guilty if I eat cake, like it's naughty - because I always have done. I've been pretty much dieting since I can remember and gain weight quicker than you can say 'yum' from looking at treats. Even this weekend I gained 1.5lbs and my friends and sisters didn't gain anything. We all ate and drank the same.

I think what I'm trying to say in a long winded way..!! Lol - is that hopefully we'll ingrain some good eating habits that become 'normal' and resist unnecessary foods and keep treats for treats. I'm sure once we become more active with the exercise it will help.

Hope you have a good evening. Fingers crossed ketosis will be with you sooner rather than later!

Xx

I'm with you Sammy. The sooner we realise it's constant vigilance and don't kick against it, then we may have a chance of making it a habit. Won't be easy though but the exercise definitely makes a huge difference. When I was doing that regularly and enjoying it, it definitely didn't feel like a battle.

But also we are fighting what is all around us. My friend on Saturday noticed that when we were in Patisserie Valerie we were the only ones that had just tea - and even I had a bar! What used to be a rare treat is a daily or more often occurrence. I think that is why the fat plus sugar thing is so tricky as in the past we would have had to make the cakes but now they are everywhere.

And Lainey, well done on getting back to it, despite all this. :)

It's so true. I said to my friends about how much food is involved in nearly everything social we do. And until I took food out of the equation I hadn't noticed just how much I was having without realising. At my baby group it's all biscuits and cakes and I've been on the sideline (mouth drooling!) watching them eat. But it's 100calorie plus mouthfuls they're having and I honestly couldn't believe just how quick it went down.

Then it's a 'meet friends for coffee' but that has cake with it. Or invite a friend over for a cuppa and they feel obliged to bring a sweet treat.

And what makes it worse is that I want it! I do really want it. But it is a hard conscious decision every time to refuse. Very hard :(

I watched it and was even more perplexed by what's out there!

when I first ever did low carb 5 years ago, I soon realised how much my social life was either food or alcohol related....when did this happen? Even staying in on the weekends was a food and wine fest...mental!

Xx

Don't know about where you are girls but the storm that's blowing outside is unbelievable-it took me 2 hours to get home tonight so I've missed my Pilates class and didn't get out for a walk/run due to the weather.....but I'll do my weights tonight.

Great day 2-porridge,cottage pie,mushroom pasta with broccoli and just had my bar and cuppa.I even managed 1.5 litres of water so far!

Reading back over my diary au can see the 2 week pattern-I can manage 2 weeks no problem and then I fail miserably after that.So permission for all you lovely ladies to kick my butt into reality in 2 weeks time when I become complacent( even though it'll be my birthday,I have to control myself).

Catching up on diaries now but thanks for the support xx

Back