Blimp to Bombshell: RawrGirl's Weight Loss Diary

That's my favourite part of MFP, when it tells me how much I'll weigh in 5 weeks! Before it tells me off for eating too little...!

RawrGirl is luckiest girl ever. Prince Charming had to work today, so she went with him (he drives a truck) and as we were on route, we passed this:

View attachment 63306

RawrGirl has always wanted one of these, but couldn't afford one. She always used these at the gym, but no longer has a membership, but when she did, and was forced to watch stupid music videos (or whatever else the gym was playing) she often wished she could have one at home and watch what she wanted to watch. And had she not been with Prince Charming in his work truck, she wouldn't have been able to get it home.

RawrGirl is feeling even more confident about maintenance than ever! :D

That's what I call a lucky coincidence Rawr. Hope you get many hours of successful weightloss out of it

RawrGirl's Rant Against Verizon

So...for some strange reason, RawrGirl's internet provider decided a few months ago to add a dial tone to her DSL line, and to issue a separate bill for this, which she never received and never knew about. So last night, as she happily settles down in front of her comp to play on Miniminis, she discovers she has no internet. After an hour and a half on the phone with technical support, they conclude that she must make a payment. She does, waits awhile, still no internet, and goes to bed. So this morning, after another hour and a half on line with billing is when they discover and tell her about this strange dial tone addition which, since she has never paid (and was never billed for and never used), they shut off her jack and claim that it will take 24-48 hours to fix, and if they can't fix, will have to cancel her account and reset it up from scratch. :mad:

So...RawrGirl was VERY upset about not being able to get on Minimins and thought of driving 20 min away to the coffee shop just to get online, when it occurred to her to try and find a public network from home...which she did...and voila -- she is on Minimins. However, she has no idea how long this will work for, so if she is AWOL for a few days it has nothing to do with her lovely friends, whom she will miss very much, and as soon as it's resolved, she will be back. But hopefully, this unsecured, public network will continue to work in the meantime. :sigh:

That's my favourite part of MFP, when it tells me how much I'll weigh in 5 weeks! Before it tells me off for eating too little...!

RawrGirl notices that it will allow your goal to be 800 calories per day (though it tells you off about it) as long as you don't add exercise. The second you add exercise to it, it changes the goal to 1200+.

Diet/Fitness Entry: Tuesday

RawrGirl has no idea when and even if they will get this sorted out. It just took her 15 minutes to get on here through an unsecured network and half the time it won't post her messages. Grrrr.

Amazing, she ate on target...even after going to bookstore to calm nerves and sitting in the cafe smelling Starbucks coffee. And the thought of getting an any size White Chocolate Mocha did sound very soothing on the nerves. But she drank water. :)

DIET

Breakfast: Protein Shake

Lunch: Protein Shake

Supper: Chicken Davinci Quesadilla (chicken, spinach, red pepper, mozzarella)

FITNESS

Strength Training: Bum Routine*

* See Next Post

RawrGirl was too stressed and grouchy to do flexibility, not to mention that she was on and off the phone all day trying to fix the internet and find a new service provider, but she still had ample time to fit it a session in. But she didn't. RawrGirl does not handle stress well. At least she didn't eat.

Oh...she realized many hours after supper that she consumed 35 more calories than she should have, so she jumped on her new elliptical and in 4 minutes made up the extra. :)

Modifications to Strength Training Routine

RawrGirl decided that she is splitting up her lower body workout. She is soooo very lazy. :( But the lower body workout is long (more than 2x longer than the study that she based her whole VLCD diet and fitness plan on), and she's started dreading the lower body workout days. So...better to break them up than start skipping them altogether. She's trying to be realistic...esp as per the study in weeks 6-8, she ups it to 3 sets, and in weeks 9-12, she ups it to 4 sets.

According to the study, participants performed 6 upper body exercises, and 4 lower body exercises to maintain muscle mass on a VLCD.

RawrGirl's Strength Training Routine:

Mon/Thurs UPPER BODY -- 2 sets of 12 (RawrGirl has 9 exercises instead of 6, mainly because she doesn't want to leave something out. The extra on the shoulders is because she thinks defined shoulders are sexy; the extra on the chest is because she is pretty week there due to torn ligaments, and she only does 1 set).

Shoulders Raises
Shoulder Presses
Bicep Curls
Tricep Presses
Push ups
Chest Flies
Upper Back
Middle Back
Lower Back

LOWER BODY -- 2 sets of 12 (RawrGirl does lots of bum exercises because she wants a majorly perky bum. :D)

Tues/Fri Bum Routine

Step Ups
Bum Lifts
Bridge Lifts
Squats
Calves

Wed/Sat Leg Routine

Inner Thighs
Outer Thighs
Lunges (Quads)
Hamstrings
Arabesque Lifts (up to 3 different versions, so up to 72 reps per leg -- this is for a figure skating move she is trying to learn)

Before RawrGirl split up the lower body workout, it would taker her 2x longer to perform than the upper body as each leg and bum cheek is worked separately, where as all the upper body exercises work both biceps, triceps, etc simultaneously. So now every day takes about the same length of time. This way the lower body routine isn't so long that she can talk herself out of it because she doesn't feel like doing a long workout. And it's still longer than the study did to maintain muscle mass, so yes, RawrGirl is lazy, but RawrGirl is also smart, and knows it's better to split them up then start skipping them altogether. She needs to do this workout for life to maintain most likely, so she knows it needs to be short enough that she can never be like..."oh, I don't have time, I can skip just this once."

So still no internet (am sitting in a coffee shop), and won't have internet until Friday or Monday. (Switching to Comcast since Verizon still hasn't even called me back...though it wouldn't surprise me at all if they are charging me for internet I don't even have!) So...RawrGirl is very frustrated with not being able to be on here much.

So RawrGirl actually set out to leave for figure skating on time carrying her son's laptop (to go to coffee shop after), and her purse, and her keys, and her water bottle, and her phone on which she was talking to Prince Charming, and set the laptop into the trunk and closed the lid, and realized the keys must have fallen in as well.

GRRRR.

30 minutes later, Prince Charming arrives with his set so she can open the trunk. So....only had 45 minutes to figure skate. But at least she still went. Meanwhile (when waiting for Prince Charming), she broke into her house through the dining room window (thank goodness it's been cool enough that she had turned off the air and unlocked the windows 2 days ago!), and did her lower body workout. So...now chilling in the bookstore/cafe, enjoying the smell of fresh mocha's (sigh), and catching up here and reading.

So, have fun to everyone and hopefully RawrGirl can get back on here again a little later and add her food diary. Love and hugs to all!

Diet/Fitness Entry: Wednesday

DIET

Lunch:

Supper: Chicken Fajita Quesadilla with grilled peppers & onion with salsa / sour cream bacon cheddar asparagus bake

FITNESS

Strength Training: Lower Body Routine

Cardio: 45 Figure Skating / 45 minute leisurely walk with Prince Charming

RawrGirl forgot to pack her lunch shake to take to the bookstore, and by the time everyone got home, Prince Charming wanted to go for a walk and she knew she was cooking dinner after that, so she just skipped the shake and made a bigger than usual dinner (which was so yummy -- fajitas had mozz, cheddar, and pepperjack cheese). All in all the calories came to a normal day. :)

Last edited:
RawrGirl's Goal Measurements

So according to the size chart in the Venus catalogue that RawrGirl hopes to build your dream wardrobe from, her goal measurements are as follows:

Clothing SizeMediumMedium
Numerical Size810
Bust3637.5
Waist2829
Hip3940

Most of Venus clothing comes in x-small, small, med, large, etc., so for the most part RawrGirl just needs to be somewhere in the Medium range (realistically based on her frame/build). For the clothing that is sold by numerical size, she might be a size 10...she would love to get her waist to 28, but not sure if that's possible. But...her chest is already 37.5 and she doesn't really want to lose an inch and a half there. :D

What's most important to her is that she can find clothes that fit both her chest AND her waist, because most of the time she finds that is she gets something that fits her in the chest, the fabric at her waist is too baggy and she looks fatter than she is, but if she gets it to fit her waist, her chest is either squashed or popping out. :eek: So as long as she can actually get to a 29 inch waist, she should be fine. But her hips are already at 40 so, somehow her body needs to ONLY lose in her waist, thighs, and arms. Ha!

RawrGirl will be frustrated if she reaches goal but clothes still don't fit her because her body is out of proportion. :sigh:

Last edited:
Diet/Fitness Entry: Thursday

DIET

Lunch: Protein Shake

Supper: Cheese Burger Quesadilla with bacon, American cheese, grilled red onion, and low-carb ketchup. (So yummy...RawrGirl needed a break from chicken and this definitely fit the bill!)

FITNESS

Strength Training: Upper Body Routine

Flexibility: Stretch Routine (only because couldn't connect to unsecured internet connection so RawrGirl was forced to find something else to do other than indulge her Obsessive Compulsive Minimins Disorder. She sure hopes she gets her internet tomorrow!)

Hi Rwargirl
The internet destroys my life to the point that i dont even eat.
Mines a seriouse eddiction so i pick up the lap top as rarely as possible.
Have to buy a desk top PC next week am dreading the impact on my days but its essential for my photo hobby.

Its nice to have a break in foods. It can get a bit ground hog otherwise.
Burger sounds deliciouse.
xx

I agree, dinner sounds delicious (although let's face it, everything sounds delicious to me these days!)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Rwargirl
The internet destroys my life to the point that i dont even eat.
Mines a seriouse eddiction so i pick up the lap top as rarely as possible.
Have to buy a desk top PC next week am dreading the impact on my days but its essential for my photo hobby.

Its nice to have a break in foods. It can get a bit ground hog otherwise.
Burger sounds deliciouse.
xx

Hmmm...that's why RawrGirl goes on internet so much. It keeps her from eating. :D

I agree, dinner sounds delicious (although let's face it, everything sounds delicious to me these days!)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Squishy!!! My diary has missed you, lol. How has it been with the family's today? (I am actually headed to your diary to find out. Hope to find you well!)

Supper was very good, but RawrGirl was so busy trying to get the unsecured network to work that 2 of her 3 quesadilla wedges were gone before she even realized it. So she stopped herself, and only focused on eating the third. A VLCD definitely makes you want to pay attention to every bite you do get to eat!

Life on a Diet Without A Scale

So the unsecured network wouldn't work at all this morning, so RawrGirl is not at delicious smelling Starbucks coffee house (once again having forgotten her shake!!!) after her ice skating session. And, son is taking his laptop with him this weekend to his father's, so she will not have any internet access all weekend. :cry: RawrGirl doesn't not know how she will survive without her minimins -- except that she and Prince Charming will be forced to spend more time together. :p

So, as she suspected she would, RawrGirl took her measurements today. (She's only supposed to do it every 2 weeks, but without a scale, she is tape measure addicted!) No change in her waist or hip or navel. Arm is down maybe .25 inch (it's hard to measure one's own arm) and thigh is down .5 inch. RawrGirl has no idea what that comes out to as far as pounds. She wishes she did. It's very frustrating to eat so little all week, and to just keep telling yourself that the diet is working, and not to fret or get discouraged. As you can see, RawrGirl is very impatient. She also needs to lose at least one more inch in her waist to fit into her clothes (see clothes measurement chart a few posts earlier). :sigh:

Not only is does the coffee shop smell delish, but right outside is the Cheesecake Factory. Oh my goodness, RawrGirl can not even describe the smell.....

RawrGirl is pretty down today. Skating session was frustrating as she is still not seeing any improvements in the two moves she's been practicing since March. :( Plus, not having internet all weekend, and being completely broke, makes for a somewhat boring weekend. She is hoping maybe to find a fall harvest type to walk around if Prince Charming feels like it. It stinks being broke. We don't even have $5...it's that bad this pay period. And the winter months tend to get slow at Prince Charming's work, so RawrGirl will probably need to find a job...esp to pay for her upcoming wardrobe expenses. :D

Well, RawrGirl wishes a wonderful weekend to all...and by Monday she will have internet and will get high off her manic visiting of everyone's diary and all the threads she's missed out on!

How dissapointing for you reg net access. Maybe it will turn out to be anice break.
Dont be to frustrated with skating sometimes things are being calculated in our subconciouse and we dint know it. You may well still be calculating it behind the scenes.
What a lovely idea to go off for the day together it may turn out more enjoyable than expected.
Reg meauring your own arm. I have one of those Arm MP3 holders and often stand for 5 minutes looking a pilac trying to do it up lol.

Maybe you could try some self pampering this week end with all that exercise it is well earn't.
What ever you do hope its nice :) x

Back