blonde's sf diary... please read and check I'm doing it right

blonde8 said:
Well after a good long think I've decided to give sf a proper go. I only did the odd day then would go back to doing sw but I've decided that unless I give sf a proper go I'm not going to know if it works for me or not...I'm still a tad scared I'll over eat or have too many bread products and gain. I want all you lovelies to keep an eye on me and pester me to stick to this as I so want to lose weight and be my happy self that I once was before getting so fat xx

I will keep my eye on u!

Have started the day off good with shredded wheat and skimmed milk. Not sure what I'll be having for lunch or dinner yet.
Quick question...when anyone has bagel's do you have one or two xx

blonde8 said:
Have started the day off good with shredded wheat and skimmed milk. Not sure what I'll be having for lunch or dinner yet.
Quick question...when anyone has bagel's do you have one or two xx

Depends what u have with them, if u have scrambled egg bacon an bagel - just one! If u just have bagel - then two! :)

Well done for giving it a fair chance :) Hope your day has gone well.

Hey Blonde8, I seem to have missed your diary somehow up until now so a belated welcome :)

I too moved from SW a few weeks ago and I was a bit worried about gaining without the structure of 1/3 super free or red/ green days and healthy extras but although I the scales are being excruciatingly stubborn and not going down much I am definitely not gaining. What I have gained is a feeling of being much more "normal" and in control around food choices which I am REALLY enjoying. I have done predominantly PP for the last two weeks as I wanted to check my portion sizes weren't the reason I wasn't losing much on my first couple of SF weeks. It seems they were fine so I am going back to predominantly SF after weigh in on Saturday and really looking forward to it.

As regards the bagels I tend to only have one but I usually have one for breakfast rather than lunch. And with ample bacon or smoked salmon in. Two bagels would only be 8PP so thats definitely a reasonable portion for breakfast or lunch really. The WW bagels being free is one of the greatest things about SF I reckon.

For breakfast this morning I had two bagel's with Marmite and Philly. Feel bad for eating all that tho. Does anyone else eat that much xx

U would have been fine eating both but well done on stopping when satisfied

I think you really need to trust the plan a bit more and relax and enjoy it. Its not like you can have ANY bread product, there are a just a few calorie controlled high fibre options that are free so even if you ate lots of these you aren't going to be doing *much* damage. There would have been nothing wrong with having the two bagels for breakfast at all.

Have you tried pro pointing your meals at all? I am not suggesting you need to follow this but getting used to how many pro points something is can be quite reassuring if you are worried about portion sizes.

I think I'm going to go back to doing sw until I get my head back into the idea of dieting however I will miss you all as the sw forum is less friendly and *****y whereas this forum isn't so I will still be updating on you all. Xx

Best of luck with it all I find most of the sw people are lovely but now avoid the off topic section as few nasty people lurk there that are forever moaning lol! X

If I'm totally honest I'd love to give sf a go but I'm so scared of eating too much bread products and putting on weight. And I really can't bear the thought of doing pp. Maybe I do need the change from slimming world tho. I've messed about with it for so long xx

blonde8 said:
If I'm totally honest I'd love to give sf a go but I'm so scared of eating too much bread products and putting on weight. And I really can't bear the thought of doing pp. Maybe I do need the change from slimming world tho. I've messed about with it for so long xx

Well good luck with sw! I no this isn't a sw forum but I will say I wouldn't mind u posting ur diary on here still, I think the sf forum is a good support system!

I prefer this forum so much more, I will continue to write my diary on here as your all much nicer and I like reading everyone's too xx

I like this part of the forum too :) I think because there isn't many of us there is much more of a community feel to it. I didn't end up posting on the SW forum as much as it was so big and there were so many people on it I felt more annonymous. I feel rather more accountable to you guys which actually does make me think twice when I think I want something!

Posting your SW diary on here would be fine by me too. Also me, Gobolino and icklerockchick have done SW for a long time so should be able to help out with that side of things. I don't think WW or SW are really better or worse than one another, its just about finding which one works for you best at the moment.

Atomic pink said:
I like this part of the forum too :) I think because there isn't many of us there is much more of a community feel to it. I didn't end up posting on the SW forum as much as it was so big and there were so many people on it I felt more annonymous. I feel rather more accountable to you guys which actually does make me think twice when I think I want something!

Posting your SW diary on here would be fine by me too. Also me, Gobolino and icklerockchick have done SW for a long time so should be able to help out with that side of things. I don't think WW or SW are really better or worse than one another, its just about finding which one works for you best at the moment.

Thank you Hun and yeah I think your right about there being less of us, I def feel support from you all on here xx

Plus if too much bread is your main concern here a while on sw will get you used to only having 1 or 2 "bready things" a day and using other things for meals then if you wanted to try sf you could :) x

Back