Blue's last chance with exante.

hiya blue... just read your diary and its good to see you have restarted again today... the weight will soon slip off as you already know with this diet.. its quick loss and not a plodders kinda diet.. but that does make it hard work to begin with.. im on day 3 of a restart (had 4 days off plan over weekend) so i know how easy it is to fall off the wagon...

its the getting back on thats important.. good luck with the next few weeks BB xxxxx

Thanks Valentine :)
Good luck with your re-start.

Well today has been easy. No headaches, no hunger or anything.
Fridays are always tough though because that's the day I go shopping to Tesco and I usually talk myself into eating something which is naughty and I need to stop doing that.
I don't NEED that food each week and it's just keeping me from losing the weight I need to.

Anyway, early night for me as it's night times that I end up snacking and now I cant so bed is the only place to be!

High-five for being an inch taller. Good luck with your restart, 2 days behind me but pretty close x

Welcome back blue :)
The stress you have endured recently is massive !!.
I wish you well chick, and speed into ketosis :D

Thank you both :)

Well I'm off to tescos in an hour (my diary is so exciting isn't it!) Just got to avoid the food aisles. Think I'll be fine as I'm not hungry at all this morning so no reason why I should crave food. We shall see.
Also going to see if they have some bathroom scales as I don't have any and I'd really like to be able to scale-hop (I'm terrible I know!)
I only know what I weigh because I was weighed at the hospital recently.

Have a great day everyone.

On to day 2 .....

Woohooo so the trip to Tesco was a success....I didn't buy any food!!
Well that's a lie, I brought some ultraslim bars because they are lush :D
They had Dr pepper zero on offer as well so I got some of that and bottles of water.

Day 2 is going great.
I am freeeeeeeezing though.

Hello day 3 :D

Got a little bit of a headache today but I think that's because I didn't sleep too well last night. I have house bunnies (who I love to bits) but they decided 3am was a great time to jump onto my bed and use is as a trampoline! So they kept me awake!

I've ordered a new set of bathroom scales and I'm hoping they come by Thursday so I can weigh in.
Just a little worried because obv some scales will show different readings so I would have preferred to have started my weigh-ins on the same scales but nothing I can do about that now.

I am really really really hoping for at least a 10lb loss this first week :D Gotta aim high!

So day 3 is pretty much over, been really easy thank goodness.

I HAVE to stick to it this time, I cant keep dieting on and off for the rest of my life. I want this weight gone asap. Mostly because I am desperate to try for a baby again. Good news is that (as always in the first week of doing exante) I've got my period, my first proper one after the miscarriage anyway :)

Ok on to day 4.
Feel very emotional and am very tearful today, no idea why. Could be TOTM, I don't know.

I'm sat here listening to music and these lyrics just came on, ha they kinda sum me up atm.
"I used to think that I was strong, til the day it all went wrong, I think I need a miracle to make it through"

I do suffer from horrible depression, anxiety so have panic attacks and I self-harm. If that's over-sharing I apologise but this is my diary and its here for me to ramble.
The last few months and all that has gone on has not helped any of the above.
My poor head feels an absolute mess and I'm finding it so hard to make it through my days.
The diet is fine.....everything else is not.
But I figure if only one thing is going ok that's better than no things :)

Have a lovely sunday x

I think being on the diet can affect us in different ways emotionally. I had a day in my first week when I was really bad tempered, which is unlike me. I think maybe it amplifies our emotions so if you're prone to depression it can make it worse. But, I only had that one day and I've been fine the rest of the time, so hopefully it's only those first few days while our body is aclimatising to the new regime.

This may seem like an obvious question but have you talked to a doctor about the self harm? I guess it depends on how it manifests. I kind of self harm too, but not in the usual way of cutting, I just make myself bleed by picking at hairs on my stomach til they bleed & then keep picking the scabs constantly so they dont really heal or scar badly. I know you're not sure about counselling and you're going through a lot at the moment, but what about medication? Anti depressents and anti anxiety medication really can help, please dont leave it if it's getting bad, it's not a weakness to take medication to help and while they wont numb the feelings, they wont feel quite as overwhelming as they may do now.

Sending you lots of hugs in the meantime x

Hi Blue butterfly you are so brave and doing so well keep going.

dont rule out counselling. I'm 5 weeks into mine and its been deeply emotional and healing, being able to be absolutely frank is excellent for the soul and allows us to rid ourselves of these unprocessed negative emotions.

I'm really looking forward to reading your updates.xx

Thank you both for your replies.

I am a 'cutter' which ends me up in hospital fairly often for stitches and whatnot, not nice.
I had a CPN (community psychiatric nurse) for 3 years! Haven't seen her for about a year now though as the mental health services on the nhs are being cut and I was told because I didn't seem suicidal anymore that I didn't need to see anyone.
But things have been getting worse because of the sexual assault last year and the miscarriage.

Going to make a doctors appointment next week I think and see what she says.
Probably nothing, my doctors are pretty crap when it comes to mental health/depression and stuff. They just stick you on tablets and tell you to bugger off!
I've never been offered counselling before.
I asked years ago and was told I'd be referred to the hospital but nothing ever happened.

The police have offered me victim support, just waiting to hear back from someone about that.

Be as assertive as you can at the doctors and ask for what you want. Don't be frightened to question their responses. We are all behind you.x

It is your basic human right to be happy. If your doctor is crap .Ask the girls on reception if one of the GPS is particularly good with mental health and ask to see them instead.

big hug.x

Thank you quirky girl, I shall try my best at the docs next week :)

Just been to my mums and had a sneaky weigh on her scales (mine haven't been delivered yet) and I've lost nearly a stone already....in just 3 days!
I know that's mostly water weight and I will lose more because I have so much to lose but its put a smile on my face today :D
Official weigh in is not until Thursday.

Doing excellent so far on your re. Re re re start... I'm the same with regards to the number of res but this time feels different... Well tonight it does. Long may it last. Sorry to hear you've been through a difficult time, were here if you need us. What a wonderful group of people are on these boards :) xxx

On to day 5 :D

Got to give my final statement at the police station tomorrow so I'm a little nervous (as always) and haven't slept properly the last few nights so I have a headache this morning, trying to drink plenty of water to get rid of it.

My scales arrived this morning, woohoo!
And I weighed myself even though it's not weigh in day yet, the result so far is amazing! Cant wait for Thursday to see what my weeks total will be.

Brilliant news re scales. Can't wait to see your official weigh in result.

tomorrow is another millstone round your neck. By tomorrow night you will be even more freed of the worry of nasty dates on the calendar.x

Tomorrow after you've given your statement you should feel a lot better, I hope so anyway.

Well done on the weight loss though, you're doing brilliantly considering the distractions.

Back