BMI/Dress size/frame size

Guenevere

Getting married July 2011
Hi guys,
I'd be really interested if loads of people could post their BMI, their dress size and there frame size.

Small frame: fingers overlap when wrapped around wrist.
Medium frame: fingers just touch
Large frame: fingers don't touch.

I have never been thin, and I know everyone's different, but I wanna get some idea of what size I will be when I weigh x. Give or take a stone.

At the moment I've a BMI of 40, Dress size 20, and a large frame.

Thanks!

Guen

Hiya

Never knew that about the wrist fingers thing!

BMI: 23
Dress Size: 8 bottom / 10 top
Frame Size: Medium

Gx

Bmi -26
Frame - Large (size 9 shoe)
Dress size 14 - 16 (depends Dunnes 14)

weigh 15st 2
height is 5ft 7/8
bmi is 33 ish
dress size 18
medium frame :D

Before baby....Height 5ft 4.5", Weight 11st 12, Frame : Medium, Clothes 12/14, BMI 28 ish

Isn't the wrist thing interesting! I don't think it's the most accurate thing in the world, but it gives a guide! I found it recently while surfing the net in search of the answer to the ultimate question....not 'what is the meaning of life' but 'what should I weigh' and it turns out the answer isn't 42 either.

Another interesting point, this is just what I read, please don't quote me, on the frame size is that the BMI is taken for a medium frame size, and that if you're a small frame you need to weigh 10% less to be the same BMI, and 10% more if you're a large frame size.
I am a large frame size, but on the small side of large, so I reckon I should weigh about 7% more than my BMI states. Apparently the ideal BMI is 23 (you're least likely to die according to insurance figures...but is skewed because lots of very ill people lose a lot of weight).
So for me at 5'1" with a large frame...my optimum weight is....130lb...an official BMI of 24.6, and an 'unofficial' BMI of 23.

I am really ranting today!! Sorry, been off college for 6 days, job not starting for another 10, going mental!!!!! Not used to being alone!

I am really ranting today!! Sorry, been off college for 6 days, job not starting for another 10, going mental!!!!! Not used to being alone!

don't worry!! ur not ranting at all, i have been off work all week too and have got through by being on here, it has kept me occupied so as not really thought about the diet, it was bad planning by me to have my first week of diet while on holidays from work!!

hope it's helping u stay focused!!

LL xxxx

Yeah the forum is a godsend!!! I really love talking, and being with a few people I'm comfortable with! Don't do well in groups or all alone!

never knew about the wrist thing mine is
bmi 30.9
dress size 16
frame medium x

sorry just seen on my ticker my bmi is 30.4 lol x

Frame..small
Size 10 ish top 12 bottoms (getting slacker whoo hoo0
BMI 26. something
Height 5'3"

height 5ft 2"
weight 13st 10
dress size 16
bmi 35.12
well my middle finger meets my thumb on the wrist thing so ....medium frame?

5ft 6in
bmi 30
13st 3lb
size 16 bottom and 16 top 36 E bra (down from a 38)

Im still huge but will post anyway!

5ft8
BMI 39.1 ??
18 stone 3 :-(
Medium frame
Dress size 24 :-(

Last edited:
Back