Caroline, Suseka and Picklednut get swinging them bells

Caroline, forgot to say is Turbo Jam different workouts - how long are the workouts for? I had a quick look on Amazon but you can't get it on there at moment.

Week 2 / Cardio

I found this better than week 1, but I still had to modify a number of exercise (due to poor core strength). So I did some full 'jacks' and some half ones. I also had to put my feet on the mat for the crunches and touch the mat on the figure of 8. But the way I see it is that if I need to modify in order to get through all the reps, better that, than giving up and only do one or two proper reps (if that makes sense).

How did you find wk2 cardio picklednut? and well done for persevering with resistance on Sunday.

Where are you at with this Caroline g?

Hope you're both doing well with this and your weekly WL targets.

If you have to modify them then that's fine, at least you're still doing them in some way, that's how I see it anyway.

I just finished Wk2 Resistance. I sped things up a little so that I could rearrange the days slightly to fit in with my weigh in better. From now it will take me a week to do a week. I didn't like Resistance this week but maybe it's just where my head was/is at, I just couldn't really be bothered with it, got a bit bored and had to force myself to carry on with it. So that's Wk2 done, saw better results this week in terms of weight loss and inches so it seems it's working, I'm happy anyway.

How's it going ladies?

Week 2 / Core

I enjoyed this one and my back is definitely holding up, so its making some of the exercise more doable. I actually did the 'spell kettleworx' one, although I had to keep my legs a bit higher than theirs as my lower abs can't hold my leg weight yet!

Well done for finishing week 2 Caroline - now onto week 3 :)
How's it going for you Picklednut?

Well done for managing to spell out kettleworx! I definitely found that easier to do in wk2 than wk1. I'm looking forward to Core on saturday!

Hi, I completed wk 2 core today and am gonna do wk 2 resistance tomorrow. I was supposed to do Core yesterday but didn't get round to it. I think I might use Jillian Michaels DVD over the weekend.

I liked Core although im sure it was almost identical to wk 1 Core. Dreaded Cardio on Monday again.

Feel like I'm getting used to the moves and dare I say 5kg feels quite light in some of the moves, definitely need to treat myself to 7.5kg at some point.

Suseka great news your back is getting better, Caroline what days do you do your Kettleworx?

I might start throwing in a Fast Abs or Fast Burn on my days "off" as it seems a long time inbetween swinging - think I might becoming addicted but I'm not sure this is "allowed".

Happy Swinging Girlies!

Well, it's been a bit here and there so far as I didn't wait for the right days to start, just wanted to get started! But I've now got it sorted and I do Cardio on Thursdays, Core on Saturdays and Resistance on Tuesdays. I find that after any Kettleworx workout, the scales go up the next morning and I WI on a Tuesday, which is why I've changed my days around a bit, gives me Sunday and Monday to get the gain off.

Suseka said:
My Exante plan is going well thanks - I've hit my stride, so to be honest I don't find it a problem. I even went out last Sunday and sat with my OH while he ate a Sunday roast (now that's willpower :D). I chose this because I've done it before and I know it works - I'm rubbish at counting calories or points or the like.

I did slimming world years ago, but couldn't really get into it again and I really need some fast results, having piled 6 stone on over the last 4 years. This time though I really am going to follow a proper maintenance plan - I've read loads about the Harcombe plan and I like the author's (Zoe Harcombe) philosophy and she's done a lot of research on the whole subject of obesity too.

I've loads of fitness DVDs and I've dabbled with them over the years, but I've never really found any that keeps my interest. I used to go to step classes (many moons ago) and I loved those. I'm not interested in the whole Zumba craze (am totally uncoordinated) - but something about the KB stuff has just 'clicked' with me and I'm starting to really love it.

I'm even thinking of purchasing the step KB dvd that Kron posted the link to so I can aim to work towards being fit enough to do it. A bit like buying a dress two sizes smaller, as motivation to lose weight :)

I reckon you'll enjoy resistance Picklednut and good luck with wk2 core Caroline.

How are you finding doing Kettleworx whilst on Exante? I am on Exante and would love to KB, but don't know if it would be too demanding on so few calories. Also does it slow up the expected stone a month weightloss?

Chezzle - to be honest it's too early to say. The first week is generally a good WL due to ridding your body of a lot of excess water (as much as anything else), so the first month is going to be higher than average. At the moment I've lost 15lbs in 3 weeks, but I won't keep losing at that rate.

For me it's about getting toned as well as losing weight - so I'm prepared for a lower than average WL if I lose inches instead (if that makes sense).

I found a couple of times during the next day I had a few 'light headed' moments -but that could just as well been down to my not drinking enough water (I'm terrible for that). Other than that - I feel quite exhilarated at the end of each session and I'm enjoying doing it. Why not just give it a go and see how you get on - just wait until your established into ketosis first and don't overdo it. I modify quite a few moves, but that's mainly to compensate for my weak lower back (although it is starting to feel my stronger these days).

Caroline - you must be week 3 core tomorrow and get to do more crunches and butt lifts :D

Picklednut - hope resistance was fun today, though you may ache having done core the day before with no rest day.

I'm going to have a look at the fast abs and fast burn DVDs over the weekend and might consider throwing a few extra 'swings' inbetween the programme as well. But I might wait until I've finished round 1 and do that when I do round 2 with a heavier bell.

Enjoy swinging ladies - speak soon :)

Suseka said:
Chezzle - to be honest it's too early to say. The first week is generally a good WL due to ridding your body of a lot of excess water (as much as anything else), so the first month is going to be higher than average. At the moment I've lost 15lbs in 3 weeks, but I won't keep losing at that rate.

For me it's about getting toned as well as losing weight - so I'm prepared for a lower than average WL if I lose inches instead (if that makes sense).

I found a couple of times during the next day I had a few 'light headed' moments -but that could just as well been down to my not drinking enough water (I'm terrible for that). Other than that - I feel quite exhilarated at the end of each session and I'm enjoying doing it. Why not just give it a go and see how you get on - just wait until your established into ketosis first and don't overdo it. I modify quite a few moves, but that's mainly to compensate for my weak lower back (although it is starting to feel my stronger these days).

Caroline - you must be week 3 core tomorrow and get to do more crunches and butt lifts :D

Picklednut - hope resistance was fun today, though you may ache having done core the day before with no rest day.

I'm going to have a look at the fast abs and fast burn DVDs over the weekend and might consider throwing a few extra 'swings' inbetween the programme as well. But I might wait until I've finished round 1 and do that when I do round 2 with a heavier bell.

Enjoy swinging ladies - speak soon :)

Thanks Suseka, will give it a go. I understand what your're saying re inch loss v less than average weight loss. Better to weigh slightly more, but be smaller in size & toned. You are doing really well - happy swinging.

Hello Ladies, bit late again with my schedule this week so finish Wk2 resistance today. I loved it! Managed to do it all apart from last exercise with 7.5kg bell although I don't think I was perfect with my form all the time. Back to proper routine of mon/wed/fri this week starting with Wk3 cardio, Caroline how did you find it? Where are you now with it?

Suseka how you getting on?

I've ordered a step today do might throw in a YouTube step class at some point this week and I think I'm going to try to go to Zumba as well.

Eating wise, it all seems to go out of the window but I'm good during the week. Just need to start cutting back at weekends to see bigger losses.

Happy swinging!!

Wk3 Cardio was pretty good actually, I enjoyed it. I did Wk3 Core yesterday, will do Wk3 Resistance on Tuesday and that'll be Wk3 done for me. I'm using a 5kg weight, I could probably go up but I think I'd rather get completely comfortable with this and do all the moves properly before pushing myself too much too soon, but that's just me.

Heya. I finished wk2 resistance yesterday and I certainly felt it today! I tend to do less reps, but that's because I'm focussing on trying to get the form right. Apart from the fact that I doubt I would be able to keep up anyway.

Well done Picklednut for doing it with a 7.5kg :eek: don't think I could. You've got the fitness bug good and proper, a step and Zumba - nice one.

I'm getting stronger, but am not quite there yet. I might try swapping in my 10lb for the first set. I was thinking of doing the whole 6 weeks with the 3kg one, but I should probably try and move up.

How's things with you Caroline? You're onto wk 3 I know, so how was cardio. I'll might do that tomorrow and rather than stick to a set day each week, I might just keep going on alternate days. I'll give me a little leeway if I find events mean I can't do a particular day.

It's going well, doing Wk3 Resistance today which will be Wk3 done and I'll be half way there. Today's are WI day for me so I weighed in this morning, 0.5lbs down and lost 4 inches. I'm really pleased that I'm losing inches but I'm really not happy about the small weight loss. I know that inches matter and it means that I'm shrinking and getting smaller but I really want to see the lbs come off as well so to be honest, I'm fairly disappointed and frustrated with it at the moment. Kettleworx is great, I feel stronger, fitter etc. and I'm losing inches but I'm not sure I'll do another round if it means losing so little each week, I don't know. I'll have to see how I do next week. I know my first week was a small loss (0.75lbs) and then the second was a bigger one (3.25lbs) so it averages out. If it keeps doing that then maybe I'll carry on with it once I've finished round 6, we'll see.

It's time for the fitness test thing today as well as it's midway point. I didn't do them right at the beginning though as I didn't see it until a week ago, so not sure if I'll bother to do it and just wait until the end of the 6 weeks maybe.

Wk3 Resistance today, not my favourite of the 3 as I find it fairly boring but I'll battle through it and complete it, I'll make sure I do.

I know it can be demoralising when the scales don't reflect all the hard work - but you've had a really good inch loss. I do hope that you find it balances out Caroline because you've done so well so far.

I finished wk2 cardio today - I was in two minds whether to do anything this evening because I've had a rubbish day at work -but I did it anyway and am glad I did. I can't comment about inch loss because my losses will mostly be down to the vlcd I'm on.

Hello Ladies,

Well I'm not very well today so still got Resistance and Core to do this week, I might leave it until Sat when I'm better and do both back to back.

Suseka sorry to hear you were having a rubbish day. Have you done rest of Week 3 yet?

Caroline, what's the Cardiobox you mentioned in the other thread?

Bit disappointed that I'm sick as my step has arrived as well so wanted a really good exercise week!

Snap...I'm not feeling too well today either. I have a feeling I've picked up some sort of virus and my ears have been really painful today (and getting worse). So I should have done wk3 core tonight, but I'm not up for it.

I'll do my best to catch up core and resistance by Sunday, so that I can start wk 4 on target next week.

I may have to follow your example Picklednut and go them back to back. I'm feeling stronger lately, so I reckon I should be okay. That's only if I don't feel a lot better tomorrow or Saturday.

I agree - it's very frustrating when your body works against your plans -and I feel just crappy about that. The problem with being on a vlcd is that you have to be careful what medications you have as many can kick a person out of ketosis (which isn't good)

I think I'll be heading up the stairs early tonight.

Sounds like we're all a bit poorly!

Cardio Box is a 30 minute cardio and boxing workout on Davina McCall's My Three Thirty Minute Workouts. I really enjoyed it!

Sounds like fun. I quite fancy a boxing workout, might google that one.

I must admit I wasn't really in the mood for KBs tonight - but that soon changed when I got home and my OH was in a foul mood. So I just shut him out of the front room and put the music up loud :D he's now sulking upstairs.

His bosses have been giving him a hard time of late - and, whilst I'm sympathetic I'm kinda fed up of him bringing his bad mood home with him (its been going on for weeks).

Anyway - week 3 core done (phew) with only resistance to go (probably on Sunday). I keep forgetting core has 3 sets, coz I'm just about pooped at the end of two :eek:

I'm going to spend the evening keeping out of the OH's way I think and watch a bit of mindless telly on my own. Looks like he's set to lock himself away in his study playing computer games. Not exactly the start of my weekend I was hoping for.....but tomorrow is another day.

Have a good evening both.

Back