Caroline, Suseka and Picklednut get swinging them bells

Morning :) how are you both?

I finished week 3 with resistance this morning, so I'm back on track now. I quite enjoyed it, though I found the ski dip ones difficult (my knees were not happy).

I will move up to the 10lb bell for week 4, starting with Cardio on Tuesday, even though I may only manage one set with the heavier one (but we shall see).

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday - I'm snowed in, and its truly wintery outside today - looks lovely though.

I'm good thanks, how are you? I've felt pretty tired (more exhausted) towards the end of this week, think being ill in the week didn't help, so I'm forcing myself to have an extra rest day today as well as tomorrow. Never thought I'd say this but that's actually quite hard to do!

I moved up to a 6kg (13.3lbs) kettlebell this week and definitely feeling it more but it's good. I'm not sure I'll be able to use much higher for things like gun slingers and lawn mowers though! I did Week 4 core yesterday, so just resistance on tuesday and that's week 4 done. Is it just me or is it going really quickly?!

Well done on moving up the bell weight Caroline. Sorry to hear you've not been well. I felt a bit 'off' this week and tired, so did Picklednut, so well done us for sticking at it.

I agree with you that the time is passing quickly - can't believe it's week 4 for me tomorrow. I think the fact it's only 20 mins is one of the major benefits for me - in that I've not excuse to do it. I might even start getting up earlier and doing it before I walk to work. I've got far more energy in the mornings, whereas sometimes after work I feel really tired.

What do you guys plan to do at the end of round 1 - are you going to go through again, or use a different kb workout -and if so, which one?

I'm not sure. I might give the advanced a go but not sure if I'll be ready for that. So instead I might do another round before attempting advanced/level II. What about you?

I'm thinking of doing a second round using the 10lb bell all the way through, then a third with a 7.5kg. After than I'll move onto advanced and will look into some other kb workouts.

By then I should be a few stone lighter and close to coming off my vlcd. I will then go onto low carb eating and add some cardio (davina type) workouts during the interval days.

I really want to get toned and trim for the summer - so I can go out wearing whatever I like, rather than living in the tent type tops I lived in last year, sitting in the shade, because I couldn't cope with being fat and the heat.

At least, that's the plan :)

I know that feeling! If I stick to what I'm doing, I should be able to lose 2lbs a week on average without too much problem. So, if I manage to lose an average of 2lbs a week, I could be at goal by my birthday in September. So I won't be at goal by summer but I could be pretty close! I've got a ball on the 6th of July, I want to lose another 45lbs by then which works out to 2lbs a week so it's doable. I just can't afford to go off track!

Last edited:
Hello ladies, feel like I'm getting there and im going to start swinging again on Weds. Picked up my own 7.5kg kettlebell so gonna use that as much as I can when I start back. Done Wk3 cardio so got resistance and core left to do so a bit behind you two. I think I might do Wk3 cardio again and carry on from there.

I've got the advanced kettleworx as well so think im gonna start on them after I've finished this 6-week set and then start from the very beginning again using my 7.5 all the way through.

I just feel shattered at the moment and needed to get my swinging mojo back again!

Good for you and good luck with the 7.5kg bell. I used the 10lb bell tonight (week 4 cardio) and my arms are already aching - reckon they'll be sore tomorrow. Not sure I could have used that from the start, as many others have - am a bit of a wimp (I know).

I'm struggling with my vlcd at the moment - I really do plan to stick with it, but these workouts make me hungry. I need to modify my diet plan a little to compensate - without going completely off it.

I'm off to Devon (visiting my Son, his gf and my baby granddaughter) at the end of May and I really want to make a big impression (WL wise). If I can stick at it I would be 4 stone lighter than when they saw me last October - and I won't feel the need to avoid the camera as much. I really want a nice picture taken of me and my granddaughter.

Crikes , week 4 core was bloomin tough :eek: Those side butt elevators were a killer and I could hardly lift my hips off the floor. Both are right sore today and I think I bruised one side trying to hold the KB firmly in place, whilst stopping myself falling forward.

I'm not sure I can keep up with the 10lb bell (yes, wimp, I know) as I'm finding my form has suffered and I can't do as many reps. I dunno - even having lost 20lbs I'm still pretty big and still unfit, so perhaps I just need to keep with the 3kg until I drop at least another stone.

I was really cheesed off with just a 1lb loss this week. I did slip up on Monday by having 3 small glasses of wine (bad suseka) but because I stayed in ketosis I thought I'd get away with it (pah :rolleyes:)

Perhaps the KB workout is going to slow things down too, which I don't mind to be honest, as long as my shape alters as I go.

How are you guys doing?

I loved Core still but yeah, they were hard work. I only had about that as well so I wouldn't worry about it, it'll be the Kettleworx. I'm doing Week 5 Core tomorrow, looking forward to it!

How did week 5 core go Caroline and where are you up to Picklednut?

I finished week 4 today with resistance and quite enjoyed it. Using the heavier 10lb bell certainly makes a difference and i'm having to slow my pace (to stay on form), but it's worth sticking to it as reckon I'll get even better results.

My back is feeling so much stronger these days and I can now bend over and pick things up, without a lot of pain. So, if nothing else, getting into kettlebells has been so worth it.

I'm also gong to do the C25K using my treadmill, when it gets a bit warmer. My treadmill is in the garage and its perishing cold in there, so I can't start yet.

I'm also going to look at some other kb dvds as well, although I plan to do the KW programme another two times before moving on.

Enjoy the day ladies and 'keep swinging' :)

Loved it as usual!

Can't say I 'loved' week 5 cardio and can not do a 'burpee' to save my life -but it felt like a great workout. I do feel my arms are getting stronger, but I couldn't keep form with the punches, so I had to swop back to the 3kg bell for that part.

How are you both?

If they appear again in anything you do, try them with your arms on the edge of the sofa. It's an easier way of doing them.

I've just done Wk5 Resistance so that's Wk5 finished for me. I did just 20 of the 25 minutes though as my knee was playing up but it was the most enjoyable of the Resistance workouts I've done so far I think.

Well done you - only one more week left to finish the programme (you must be right pleased). Thanks for the advice for modifying a 'burpee' - I'll have a go next time.

I must admit that I'm looking forward to getting through to the end of week 6, and then I need to reassess its affect on my weightloss.

Like you I'm finding this has affected the numbers and I'm not sure if I should carry on as I am, or consider moving up my plan and have a small protein based meal every day.

Personally, I would recommend carrying on and doing another round but upping your plan and having that protein meal. The problem that you'll have on a programme like Exante is that it's very low calorie and it's not really designed for you to be doing what is quite an intense, high burning activity such as Kettlebells. It's designed to give you exactly what you need for daily activity but you'll need more, especially in terms of protein, if you want to be building a little muscle too.

Week 5 finished with resistance today. I like doing resistance on Sunday mornings, as I have a lot more get up and go about me in the morning. I do find Cardio and Core in the weekday evenings quite tough -but I just don't have time to do them in the morning.

Am getting used to the 10lb bell now - but I've yet to do gunslingers with them :eek: I really like the moves on the resistance dvd - like the back lunge curtesy things and I really liked the quick sit up ones.

A few weeks ago I would never have been able to pull myself up like that, because my back was so weak, but this KW programme has really changed that for me. No more pain :D

I've decided that I will definitely do a 2nd round, once I've finished week 6, this time using the 10lb bell from the start. If my strength improves I may even try and move up to a 7.5kg before the end.

I've just finished Week 6 yesterday and been debating what to do next. I think I'm going to do a 4 week proramme myself, of cardio and the 10 mine fast abs/fast fat burner DVDs and then repeat the 6 weeks. I just know that I (and my body) easily get bored and if that happens, I end up giving up and even when I carry on, my body doesn't respond as well, it gets too used to it and it's not as much of a challenge anymore.

Sounds like a plan :) Good luck with that.

I start week 6 tomorrow, and then -after my son goes back home - I'll probably do something inbetweeny, before I start round 2. Not sure what yet though.

That's my plan. I'm going to do a 4 week Turbo Jam Challenge, which I've come up with myself. It's 3-4 different Turbo Jam workouts across the week and I'll do one self made kettlebell workout each week just so that I don't lose it completely and have something strength based. I'm going to do that for 4 weeks and then I think I'll do a round 2. I love kettleworx but it slowed my losses down a bit, I want 4 weeks of decent losses again before I go back on round 2 but also a break will help me not get bored of it I think.

Back