Chat :D

OMG Just looked upthe nutritional info for raw oat bran!
Per 94g serving there is 62g of carbs and 7g of fat!!!

Surely this goes against the low carb low fat theory? I'm confused. no wonder I'm not in ketosis lol :p

How much fibre Caz? It'll be like flaxseed probably & you'll have to deduct the fibre. x

Can't remember the exact amount for fibre Linz but it wasn't an awful lot :confused:

But Vicky is in ketosis and she has the oatbran? It's most bizarre lol :sigh:

I was until I had my blow out at the weekend :D

OK ladies - good morning to you all...

(I'm still talking out of my hat because I still haven't received the book!) re ketosis and Dukan - I was told that it's a "light" ketosis... the son d'avoine (I am presuming this is your "oat bran") does contain carbs, but is partly indigestible and so doesn't stay with you in its entirety...;)

BUT, where I am unsure is the quantities you may have per day.

94g represents how many tablespoons? And are you having the other bran also (son de blé in French).

Im only having the 1 1/2 tbsp of oat bran per day. Im in light ketosis.

I always wanted to ask... when you guys were moving into Cruise phase...

it's just that 1.5 tablespoons is so vague, compared to a weight... over here it's 2 soupspoons of son d'avoine and 1 soupspoon of son de blé... ditto vague! Depends how full you make your spoonfuls!

1 1/2 tbsp is 21.45g and 2 is 28.6g

and according to google they are roughly the same as soup spoons :D

Im starting cruise on saturday I think.

Morning Joanne. I used 1.5tbsp too. And no ketosis showing as yet, im going to test in a bit. I was meant to do 2 days attack and then onto cruise. I have given up on the oat bran as dont think my body can deal woth the extra carbs, also only had one very small yog yesterday and have lost a bit. I also had roast chicken and a small amount of broccoli last night so pretty much low fat low carb again but it seems to be the only thing that works for me properly. I will def add in a pp day but think pv is the way for me. Didnt realise how much my plate missed the veg!

but you can't just have PV days... (can you?)

Not supposed to i dont think.

No i will have my pp days (sorry thought id said that), just dont think its working out for me with yogs and oat bran

okily dokily ;)

THE DUKAN DIET SECRET INGREDIENT - OATS

Throughout the Dukan Diet you can enjoy a carbohydrate respite in the form of a tablespoon of oat bran every day.

Oat bran is rich in sugars and protein, but its benefit lies in the high levels of soluble fibre, which absorbs water in the gut, swelling up to 20 times its size.

This helps you feel full and satisfied. It is also great for heart health and eases constipation (which can affect people in the early stages of the diet).

But once digested, it attracts fat molecules, sugars and toxins, and carries them out of the body before they can be absorbed into the bloodstream.

Back