Red Day Chicken Cake (with cheese, sausagemeat and bacon)

We have this in the oven now! Its smelling lussshhh. Gotta find something to do for the next half hour tho :)

and... did you enjoy? I haven't made this for yonks, think this will be on the menu one day next week!x

This looks amazing, but presumably the sausages have to be synned?

The original post is nearly 2 years old, and when it was first written, the morrisons eatsmart sausages were free! So you now just need to syn them accordingly :) it's very yummy tho

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Has any one tried it with different cheese?

Kx

Kwise1 said:
Has any one tried it with different cheese?

Kx

Yeah I put reduced fat mozzarella in it but it just went like stretchy plastic (and I think it made it a bot watery too) I don't like babybels :-(

I did think next time I might leave cheese out and do it with a bit of gravy! Slurp :)

hendopig said:
Yeah I put reduced fat mozzarella in it but it just went like stretchy plastic (and I think it made it a bot watery too) I don't like babybels :-(

I did think next time I might leave cheese out and do it with a bit of gravy! Slurp :)

You could use any cheese I Spose, aslong as you alter the syns/HE accordingly! It would probably be quite yummy with the syn free BBQ sauce!! :)

You could use any cheese I Spose, aslong as you alter the syns/HE accordingly! It would probably be quite yummy with the syn free BBQ sauce!! :)

That's my plan for it next week, bbq sauce. You can use different cheese. My dad uses the austrian smoked cheese (the sausage shaped one) I could only think of babybel, are we allowed the cheddar variety as a hex a, or is it just the normal ones xx

Laurie said:
That's my plan for it next week, bbq sauce. You can use different cheese. My dad uses the austrian smoked cheese (the sausage shaped one) I could only think of babybel, are we allowed the cheddar variety as a hex a, or is it just the normal ones xx

I think it's just the normal ones not the cheddar ones-but I'm sure someone will quickly correct me if I'm wrong :) Could you not syn the smoked cheese and try it? You're not gonna eat it all in one go anyway are you? so it would be spread over a few meals :)

Thanks laurie for bumping this! I have it on next weeks menu list, will also add a little cranberry sauce between the sausage and chicken layer (synned of course!). I work as a chef in a residential home......am thinking this would go down well there as well :) xx

furrysmudge said:
Thanks laurie for bumping this! I have it on next weeks menu list, will also add a little cranberry sauce between the sausage and chicken layer (synned of course!). I work as a chef in a residential home......am thinking this would go down well there as well :) xx

That's sounds delish - with Cranberry Sauce - can you let me know how it tastes? I was thinking of sprinkling some cranberry or apple style paxo in it and synning it!
Making it this week too

Kx

Kwise1 said:
That's sounds delish - with Cranberry Sauce - can you let me know how it tastes? I was thinking of sprinkling some cranberry or apple style paxo in it and synning it!
Making it this week too

Kx

Why don't you try Britmums stuffing recipe-it's on her website :)

This is also on my menu for next week and I can't wait!

Made this tonight for tea for me and my mum who's also dong SW we loved it. Will be making this lots and lots in the future. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Couldn't make it tonight as I didn't realise it had such a long cooking time :(

Maybe another time

Kx

Back