Chinese Takeaway

You havent had a takeaway in 1 1/2 years? I have one regularly and just count it as the full 15 syns and it works ok. I wish i knew how many syns was in a veg curry though haha. Thanks so much for the kung po syns. My 2 fave meals! Enjoy your takeaway!!! :D

I've had take-aways, but usually go for blackbean sauce but I've not had the kung po since starting, its one of my faves too so really looking forward to having it again :D

I wouldn't count much for veg curry, curry sauce from a fish and chip shop is 6 syns, and its very similar to just a normal curry from the chinese, so if I were having one I'd probably count around 10 syns as there will be more sauce in it then what you get at the fish and chip shop

I've had take-aways, but usually go for blackbean sauce but I've not had the kung po since starting, its one of my faves too so really looking forward to having it again :D

I wouldn't count much for veg curry, curry sauce from a fish and chip shop is 6 syns, and its very similar to just a normal curry from the chinese, so if I were having one I'd probably count around 10 syns as there will be more sauce in it then what you get at the fish and chip shop

Hey thanks again. Glad you can enjoy a kung po after all this time! :gimi:

I have the syn slimming world app and it says chicken in blackbean from a takeaway is 14 syns??

I thought this too, and with a few other things on the SW app. BUT just make sure you click EE at the top and the values change :) then it'll say 5 syns (I just checked myself)

Hope that helps! :)

This thread is amazing! I am a newbie but amazed I can still enjoy some delicious meals and not feel guilty... :thankyou:

Does anybody know what the syn value is for chicken in cantonese sauce please?

Chicken in black bean and plain rice for me .

does anyone know how many sins plain soft noodles are with beansprouts? thanks

Although I'm doing it from home this time, my previous class leader said a mushroom chow mein was 6 syns so imagine a plain one ( ie noodles and bean sprouts) would be he same. Amazing isn't it. Chow mein and a vino for 10 syns .... I love Slimming World :D

does anyone actually weigh their takeaway??!!

I had a Chinese last night and Trying to work out my syns I don't know where to start...didn weigh it as that was the last thing on my mind I was starving just wanted to get it on the plate and in my mouth! Lol looking online today to try and work out syns and they give most of syn values based on 300g portions....which seems like a lot...my boyfriend and I shared it was wondering how would you estimate the weight of say one of them Chinese see through cartons full of something e.g chow mein......all together I had a third of a carton of egg fried rice...half of carton of crispy chilly beef...half a carton of chicken curry...a third of the carton of special chow mein and a handfull of chips I've estimated 35 syns :/ anyone think me estimation is close?!?! And do you weigh your takeaway?? X

Oooh, lovely, I didn't think some things would be so low, especially chow mien! :)

Do people save their syns for a blowout or do you use them each day? My new leader says not to save them but my old leader said we could, what do others do? x

Oooh, lovely, I didn't think some things would be so low, especially chow mien! :)

Do people save their syns for a blowout or do you use them each day? My new leader says not to save them but my old leader said we could, what do others do? x

I don't save mine I don't seem to loose if I do. If I do ever decide to save them I do it fully knowing not to expect a loss that week.

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

I don't save mine I don't seem to loose if I do. If I do ever decide to save them I do it fully knowing not to expect a loss that week.

So would you just flexi syns for a special occasion? x

So would you just flexi syns for a special occasion? x

Yes but again if I did do that I'd fully expect to not loose that week.

I either stay in plan , don't go out if it'll take me off plan (boring I know but needs must for me to get weight off) or I've had one day off plan since I started and I waited until my losses were good and it was planned and knew I wouldn't do it again for another few months.

I can't afford to flexi syn or go off plan once every week or even 2/3 weeks as my losses would be to slow and I want this weight off ASAP.

A lot of ppl can save syns and loose I carry odd few over the days but never save like 80 and have them in one go

This is brill very handy. My partner and I have been completely avoiding all types of take away food at the mo but I didn't realize you could have a full Chinese meal with out over syning ! Will defiantly be treating him this weekend!

Back